What's your favourite GAME?

Started by Wormmaster, Fri 23/04/2004 11:41:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugs

Metal Gear Solid 3 .(period)
Cool stuff I found out: Men are four times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.  Wow, really? [dirty joke] Maybe this has to do with the fact that us men have "lightning rods"? [/dirty joke]

Saberteeth

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3
Splinter Cell 1, 2 and 3 (I'm a big spy fan.)
Tekken 5

BOYD1981

Soul Reaver 2,
Beneath a Steel Sky,
Sensible Soccer,
Theme Park,
Unreal Tournament,
Anachronox...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

1337_123f13x35

Age Of Empires II: The Age Of Kings: The Conquerors Expansion+ 1.0e (1.0c+No Cheat Patch)
Multiplayer....

But I'm currently playing AoE3 and really getting into it could turn to be my favourite :P

Petra

Just finished Flight of the Amazon Queen...

it took me ages to get it run.
But the latest version of  Scumm worked ;D

And even though it's 10 years old...it's awesome!!

And hours of fun guaranteed!!

A�rendyll (formerly Yurina)

Probably this will be an eternal battle between Kingdom Hearts 1 (Playstation 2), Final Fantasy X-2 (Playstation 2) and Baten Kaitos (GamCube).
Yuna: Give me a Y!
Rikku: Give me an R!
Paine: Give me a break...
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Steel Drummer

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Rayman advance (gameboy)
Rayman 3 (Pc and gameboy)
Advance Wars 
Star Wars Episode 3 (gameboy)
Monkey Island series
Sam and max
All the old Humongous Entertainment games (which I loved since childhood)
Chronicles of Narnia 
Indiana Jones and The Fate Of Atlantis
Beneath A Steel Sky
and many more....  ;D
I'm composing the music for this game:

an AGS rookie

Well, my favourite adventure-games would be Toonstruck, Curse of Monkey Island, Romancing the Stones (the best AGS-game i,ve played so far) and Grim Fandango. As for the best action-adventure i played it has to be Redguard. Zelda 2 is also a favourite of mine (it has the best fighting system i have ever seen in a platformer). Oh, and Baldurs Gate is probably the best RPG i,ve played, (i usually don,t play those hardcore RPG,s except for adventure-RPG hybrids, but Baldurs gate is exceptionally good :)) Although i haven,t finished it.

Well, I think that was all. At least for now.....

Anym

Let's say three times three favourites...

Adventure games:

• Grim Fandango
  • LOOM
  • The Secret of Monkey Island

Non-adventure games:

• Sid Meier's Civilization II
  • Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Non-computer games:

• Chess
  • GURPS
  • The Settlers of Catan
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

cheeba

Recently, it's been Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney. Easily the best adventure game I've played in years, it's just utterly wonderful in every way. It makes me smile just thinking about it :)

Other recent faves would be Mario Kart DS, Project Rub and Animal Crossing : Wild World. Far as I'm concerned, nobody seems to even come close to Ninty for producing fun, quality games by the cartload, especially in the last year or two.

As for all-time faves, there's System Shock 2, Anachronox, Full Throttle, Sam And Max Hit the Road, The Secret Of Monkey Island and The Longest Journey.
ST Episode One Production thread (WARNING: Adult content)

Polecat

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Chrono Trigger
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Super Mario World
Thief
System Shock 2
Currently Reading: Soldier of the Mist
Last Read: Stardust [+++]
Playing: Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Recently Played: The Dig [+++]

Ubel

For the past week or so, Prince of Persia 1 (the original one) has been my favourite and most hated game at the same time... The overwhelming feeling of success when completing a level! The overwhelming feeling of annoyance when dying. I love it. ¬¬

Domino

Currently, The Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion for the 360. Awesome game. I try not to play too much of it because i am worried my Xbox360 is gonna burn down my house, but i am 40 hours in, and still enjoying it.

Plus with the XBL downloadable content, makes the game even better.

advent

My favourite game is Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.

TheCheese33

Without a doubt, the MGS and Splinter Cell series (more Splinter Cell than MGS). I just love sneaking around! It feels more satisfying than going around, guns blazing, shooting everything in sight (but that's pretty fun, too ;D).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

timlump

HALF-LIFE 1 and 2 and thats it, no other games are ever needed after that.

You finish the game and you have a massive line of mods to play after,
in theory the little 50 or 60 euros yuo've just spend on them could easily give a playing experience worth 600 euro but for free.
E.g I finished HL2 back in november but i've still been playing it although i havent touched the plot since with mods like GMOD, Empires,Battlegrounds,Zombie Panic,
Brainbread,Sven coop,art of acension,weekday warrior (although its loaded with trojans),(LOL)troy divine playground,combine destiny,The Hidden,Natural selection,Sourceforts,Half life 2 substance and thats just half way down my installed list (actually a little less down).

Don't forget steams built in voice communication.

I rest my Case.
P.s they also provide the modding software free of charge with blistering fast download servers.

R4L

My new favorite game now, would have to be Zelda- Ocarina of Time. I had this game when 64 was popular, but I never finished it, because I found it difficult. Now, I have the thing on my GameCube, and it's been a pleasure kicking its arse!  ;D

CoffeeBob

For the time being, I'd probably say that Final Fantasy Origins and TES4:Oblivion has made their way into the top ten.
I really love the system in FF2 and Oblivion. The way you upgrade your character by actually training them and not just by receiving experience points makes you feel more proud of them. Even if they're just fictional. ;D

OneDollar

I loved Shenmue, a game that had severe faults (the voice actor for that woman who wanted to be a teacher sticks out in my mind), but really drew you into its world. Shenmue 3 with 1 and 2 included on the PC, that would be good...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk