My Monkey Island FanGame

Started by FantomeLeCheikh, Fri 23/04/2004 15:42:21

Previous topic - Next topic

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi!!!! :D

Ok... first of all:
Im French and I have a very bad english...(I use Google translator  :-\ )
I project to make a new Monkey island game while keeping whole of the aspects of the second (the best  ;) )

For the moment, I just started artworks and script...

I wish to finish a demo in 2-3 months...  :)

bye

Scummbuddy

Wow. If you can get this colored similar to Monkey Island 3, then you'll be set in that department. I know we would all like to hear more about the storyline, but if you really feel that a demo could be out in 2-3 months, then I think we could wait...

Good Luck! And tell us about yourself!

Wow.

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

FantomeLeCheikh

Thx!!  :D

The colors, it is for the next time  ;)

But I would like to say that the game will be in 320x200 like MI2 because in 640*400 the work will be more complicated!!  :-\

Scummbuddy

Will this be CMI graphics using MI2 Proskritos Template, or a verb-coin system?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Fantome LeCheikh

exactly like Mi2...  ;)

However I don't know if I will use the same sprite for Guybrush (in MI2)...  ???

hummm...What think about it?  ::)

Scummbuddy

perhaps a guybrush styled like CMI, only in his MI2 uniform. I did a rendition of him like that earlier, and later tonight, I'll upload it here for you to see, and see what you think. I'd say Guybrush's looks should come down to the style of the background. If you take your concept art above and oil paint it, scan it in and reduce it, ala MI2 backgrounds, then maybe MI2 Guybrush sprite would be right. So, yeah, I'd say it depends on your background style.

Have you read this article by Bill Tiller, about CMI style? http://www.freewebs.com/lucasstyle/games.htm
(scroll down a bit, and you'll see the long article)
-Hoagie from DOTT

I suppose you could try to redraw the Mi2 Guybrush (coat and beard) in a CMI Style... Or clean the Mi2 Sprite Up..

You'll have to be carefull though, Lucasarts have a nasty habits of banning the higher quality fan games.

nope!

mhhh sounds good.

I don't know how to say that whitout being rude...erk...do you imagine the amount of work that this kind of project represents?  :-\

Artworks sample looks good but I 'm quite puzzled by the lack of informations about the story (when? who? why?).

Anyways, Bonne chance à  toi!  :D

Gravity

Another fan game... when will it end?   :'(
But because it is an indie (and most importantly and AGS adventure) game I hope you finish it. :)

Fantome LeCheikh

I am in the doubt...  ???
I dont know if it is better to pass in 640x400...because I spend much time in the backgrounds and once in 320x200 they are much less beautiful...  :'(

....but thank you very much for the idees  ;)

Scummbuddy

Wow, I was just running through my hard drive, and I found that my first rendition of the Guybrush character was back in 2000.

Its old, its bad, its crude, and its mine. But years ago, so give me a break.

And I would like to see this in CMI style, with your good art style. But do what you want.
(edit* just noticed he needs a beard)
-Hoagie from DOTT

Mats Berglinn

Scumm-buddy: When iut comes to the beard, it depends on how the story line is going to be. If it going to be somewhere between MI1 and MI2 then it's okay but personally I think Guybrush looks better without a beard. A beard doesn't actually fit with his personality.

Fantome LeCheikh: What's the game about? What's the story? Please, tell me. I want to know.

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi!  :D

I add a new artwork: My version of Guybrush...

I awaits your comments  ;)

I seek CMI templade to base me above
...  :)

bye!

Scummbuddy

I noticed that your signiture is not in English, and I would like to point out that if you need testing and traslation services, and MI continuity answers, I'm your man.

oh, and the artwork....  :o very, very nice.  
-Hoagie from DOTT

Karimi

I second everything Scummbuddy said, i'd be glad to help you with anything . (Website host for the project included).

Very nice art BTW.

FantomeLeCheikh

Thx for your supports  :)

For the moment, I work on the graphic dimension...

I will try to put a maximum of artworks and backgrounds...

Bye  ;)

Rincewind

Hey, this looks like a very nice project - You've captured the CMI-style in your background very well, I'd say. Good luck with it!

I also took the liberty of editing/cleaning Scummbuddys Guybrush-sprite a bit... Just for fun. Use in any way you like... :)  

Wow FantomeLeCheikh !

That Guybrush Art is awesome, this could be the best graphics game ever. I'm sure if yo u wanted to gather a team from this game people would flock to it (I know I would)

You really should make a tutorial on how you colored that. What program did you use?

NOTE: Is he holding a Voodoo dolls of himself?

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi!!! I'm back  8)
Thx for comments and artworks!!  ;)
I currently work on the script and I will want to know something:
-which are for you significant elements of MI? (for example: Insult Sword Fights ...)
-...best characters of MI saga?

For Scuthbert: Yes! Its a Voodoo dolls of himself (MI1 character like the cover of MI2)

BYe!!!  ;D

Your art is brillian.. I still say you should do a tutorial..

Hehe.. It looks almost identical to the one lechuck is holding.

Anyways:

Swordfighting
Travelling between different islands
Giant Monkey Head :D

Haddas

1. Insults
2. Guybrush, Elaine, LeChuck,  the mapmaker in MI2/pirate bloodnose in MI3 and the salesman that you nail into the coffin in monkey island 2. Can't remember the names now though. They're in there. I can't get them out. But those 5 are essential. Also you could also let the hermit appear somewhere

Names from Haddas's post:
Wally
Stan
Herman (although he'd probably be governer if you are gonna fit in with the ending to Mi4)

Haddas

Yes, Wally and Stan. How could I forget those... :-[

FantomeLeCheikh

Ok...for the moment:

-Guybrush
-Wally
-Herman
-Stan
-Elaine
-LeChuck (  ;) )

And:

-Insult Sword Fights
-Giant Monkey Head   ;D

I await your suggestions!!

Oh.. and I know that he wasn't in Mi2 But include Murray! Or i shal hunt you down like the fiendsih mortal you are BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Hey? Wheres everybody gone?

And Jojo.. risen from the dead.. or maybe Jojo Jr Jr?

FantomeLeCheikh

my project will be a new adventure who could be MI 5!!
So there will be new characters !!  ;)

Which will be the role of Murray? mystery!  ;D

Mats Berglinn

The elements that makes a good MI game is jokes, insult-swordfighting and Guybrush famous crazy comments about items and other characters. Please, I really want to see Plunder Island again, it's my favorite island of the series.

About the characters: I love so many characters that it's so hard to decide but you got to use Elaine, Stan, LeChuck and the Voodoo-lady. I also want to see the barber pirates (Bill, Haggis and Edward), maybe the return of the Men of Low Moral Fiber (those slackers are funny), I liked Mr. Cheese so bring him in this one. If you're going to use Otis and Carla, please, make them so they forgive Guybrush for sinking the boat incident, beacuse I hated when they accuse him for that and never forgives him in MI4.

Will LeChuck be in a new form? I would him like to be a skeletal pirate because we see his crew as skeletons while he have been a ghost, a zombie and a demon with flamming beard.

FantomeLeCheikh, I have a request of a new character: Give Guybrush a parrot! I want to see Guybrush have his very own parrot. It doesn't matter if it insults him, makes fun of him or whatever, please, let him have it!  ;D

TheDude

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Sun 25/04/2004 19:58:16
About the characters: I love so many characters that it's so hard to decide but you got to use Elaine, Stan, LeChuck and the Voodoo-lady. I also want to see the barber pirates (Bill, Haggis and Edward), maybe the return of the Men of Low Moral Fiber (those slackers are funny), I liked Mr. Cheese so bring him in this one. If you're going to use Otis and Carla, please, make them so they forgive Guybrush for sinking the boat incident, beacuse I hated when they accuse him for that and never forgives him in MI4.

Yeah, maybe you should include one of the hairdressing pirates, i'd prefer Haggis as he had the coolest voice!

FantomeLeCheikh

QuoteGive Guybrush a parrot! I want to see Guybrush have his very own parrot. It doesn't matter if it insults him, makes fun of him or whatever, please, let him have it!  

Very good idea!!!  ;)
I work there!!  :P

Ok...for the moment:

-Guybrush
-Wally
-Herman
-Stan
-Elaine
-LeChuck
-Voodoo-lady
-barber pirates
-Men of Low Moral Fiber (oh yeah!!!  ;D )
-Mr. Cheese
-Otis and Carla

And:

-Insult Sword Fights
-Giant Monkey Head
-Jokes
-Guybrush famous crazy comments (of course  ;) )
-Plunder Island

Babar

And voodoo! Use voodoo in the game. Wait... maybe you have voodoo already. I see Guybrush has a voodoo doll. As for characters, add the cannibals. ;D
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Barbarroja

Great artwork!
If you need any help with the drawing of characters or anything that includes drawing , i can help  you.
( sorry for the english i'm argentinian)

Cold As Ice

I think you should add voices and professional music to this perfect art.
It is just great. I think the idea to have a parrot is great... but I think of something like this: Guybrush wants to have a parrot but he gets something else... something that dosen't fit whit him.
Here I come... And the hell comes with me!

Haddas

He could have a cat on his shoulders ;D

j-Hed

Hello FantomeLeCheikh!

"which are for you significant elements of MI? (for example: Insult Sword Fights ...)"

Well in my opinion I would like to see new kinds of elements. Insult sword fights, monkeybattle and shipbattles are some but I always get happy when there's something new and imaginative.

So my advice is to use your creativity and imagination and make the game something different (but still point n' click of course) then it will also be more interesting. These are just some of MY thoughts please ignore this if it sounds crappy ;)

By the way Awesome graphics, it's the best Guybrush ever!

FantomeLeCheikh

QuoteWell in my opinion I would like to see new kinds of elements
Completely in agreement with you but if I ask which are for you significant elements of MI it is to find the spirit of "Monkey Island" by its fans!!  ;)

I dont want to reproduce exactly "Insult Sword Fights" for example!
I have the brain in overheating!!  :P

Hey can I help you with this game it seems really interesting and I can draw concept art and help with stroylines :D

And another thing (I know you're prob tired of me posting in this thread by now)

Include
A Vicar ( I just want to see a vicar [not father rasputin])
A parrot that makes fun of Guybrush
That big island.. (Can't you see the skull?... Its a duck...)
The Scumm Bar which is no longer the Lua Bar

Oh and I really think you should try too get permision from Lucasarts before making this. I'd hate to see it completed and they shut it down.

If not just change the names slightly to Buygrush Weeptood or something

Good luck with everything!

Mats Berglinn

Scuthbert: Don't worry about the permission! Lucas Arts haven't put down Sam & Max The Case Gilbert or m0ds's Indiana Jones and Fountain of Youth or Night of the Hermit so there are nothing to worry about.

I also have an idea thanks to Scuthbert. If you're going to use a parrot that belongs to Guybrush and makes fun of him, why not making him prounoce his name wrong all the time? Think about the dialog!  ;D

I couldn't resist.. I made some fan posters/ads

Or maybe even..

TheDude

Was that last one from a star wars poster? I remember seeing something like that on my religous education teacher's wall about... 3 years ago. The monkey shadow's a nice idea.

Haddas

Yeh its from a  famous star wars poster where anakins shadow is darth vader... The poster had already been made by some1 else i jsut replaced it with the new guyrush...

I hope that wasn't sarcastic laughter Haddas ;)

AGA

Quote from: TheDude on Mon 26/04/2004 20:02:28
Was that last one from a star wars poster? I remember seeing something like that on my religous education teacher's wall about... 3 years ago. The monkey shadow's a nice idea.

Yes, it was for Episode 1 originally, I think. It had Anakin Skywalker (the young version) standing there, with Darth Vader's shadow.

I JUST SAID THAT   >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Lol... Just kidding

AGA

Aw crap, I didn't notice there was another page on this thread :P

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi!!
I have make new a artwork:

Herman Toothrot!!  ;)

Geez.. is there no end to your bloody talents...

I would have thought herman had more teeth... But surely if this game was taking place after Mi4 He wouldn't look like that.. because he'd be governer of Melee Island...

Haddas

Perfect. I'd like him to have bushier eyebrows though. And wrinkles in his forehead

FantomeLeCheikh

I was inspired by MI 1 & 2!!  ;)
when Herman speaks, he smiles and we can see his only tooth  :)

Will this game be set after Monkey Island 4? or befor or imbetween other games?

FantomeLeCheikh

Haddas

Let's just call it Monkey Island Fangame and the Monkey Island Fangame 2

Maybe you could set it between Mi3 and 4. .that way you have most of the main characters introduced and none of the evil revelations in Mi4..

Also.. I believe between 3 and 4 is Guybrushes Honeymoon.. That would be funny to see.. like Guybrush ends up going on some big adventure on his honeymoon...

FantomeLeCheikh

QuoteAlso.. I believe between 3 and 4 is Guybrushes Honeymoon.. That would be funny to see.. like Guybrush ends up going on some big adventure on his honeymoon...

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   ::)
good  ;)

TheDude

How do you do your drawings? Do you draw them at higher res then scale them down later?

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi!!
About artworks:
I use Corel Painter Classic 1.0
First, I make a draft then I refine and finally I color... ;)

In the game, the characters will be identical...hardest will be to animate them!!  :-X

Bye!!    :)

Can you tell us anything about the plot yet?

:D

PS. I'm so sure this project is gonna be awesome I added it to my Signature :D!

FantomeLeCheikh

QuoteI added it to my Signature
THX   :)  :)  :)  ;)

Blackthorne

Quote from: Scuthbert on Wed 28/04/2004 18:11:17
Can you tell us anything about the plot yet?

:D

PS. I'm so sure this project is gonna be awesome I added it to my Signature :D!

Don't mean to be the pessimest here, but we've BARELY seen anything ACTUALLY related to making a game here; just some cartoons on posters, really.  And, though they are NICE, I haven't heard shit about plot, or seen anything leading me to believe this is SO in the PrePlanning stages....... let's HOPE it comes to fruition.  I do send good wishes for this project, but I've heard and seen this story quite a bit....

Blackthorne
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi Blackthorne519  :)
QuoteDon't mean to be the pessimest here, but we've BARELY seen anything ACTUALLY related to making a game here; just some cartoons on posters, really
:(
Ok.
It's necessary to understand my way of making. I work initially on graphics and in parallel on the script...
I post the charcs to know the opinion of the fans.

Now, what to make?  ???
To give the history?
To make a demo most quickly and to do without a good quality?
I like to do my work gently  :)

At present I know that my work will be very long... Have patience!!  ;)

:D .. I hope we see some plot soon...

have you made any other games with AGS yet?

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi!
Quotehave you made any other games with AGS yet?

Yes...but I had simply started and not finished!
Moreover I will try to put the sprites of the game if somebody wants to continue the project... ::)
The play was called: "Donnie Danger in tomorrow is not yesterday"
a parody of James Bond  ;D

If that interress somebody I began the animation of the character (to go & speak)
Bye...

Hehe..

So.. what has been decided about the game so far. Setting? Storyline? Characters?

m0ds

And more importantly, who's making the music?

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi!

I am back for the last time!  :'(
.. No!! it is a joke  ;D
I will not be there during 3 weeks because I have school examinations!!!  :P

To continue on the artworks: Voodoo Lady (without her splendid armchair voodoo) ;)

Once on holiday I begin work "in-game" !!  :)
QuoteAnd more importantly, who's making the music?
::) Humm...It is not my field: If somebody is voluntary to help me to make the musics, he contacts me!! Thx

Bye!!!

Hey thats really good.

For music you could just use the current MI Midis.. It would be hard to emulate there quality

DanClarke

i would even try to use the CMI soundtrack, some great stuff on that. I know the size of your game will increase but your graphics are high quality, so why not go all out. Theres a website where you can find the entire CMI soundtrack, im not sure where it is though.

Mats Berglinn

The addres to that site is http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/

By the way, the Voodoo-lady looks nice, she almost looks like in CMI but with new set of clothes.

Kweepa

What do the French put in the water?
They must have really good art teachers at school!

PS: If you didn't catch the hint, m0ds was volunteering to do some music for your game. You want that. He's good. Don't reuse Monkey Island music - it's not the right thing.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

foz

very impressive artwork.....

The only problem that you will have is meeting everyones expectations..

As the comparision will be with past MI games..

Good luck ....this is yet another game that interests me and will be added to a can`t wait list...

PLEASE FINISH THIS......even if its a short game.

Sam.

This looks so good i am nearly crying with jealous rage!
Just don't cancel on us. I odn't care if it takes ages, please wiat until after june 3 cos then i am gettin broadband and will be able to download straight away! SOme plot would be nice and maybe some animations to get us going. Good luck in ure exmas though!
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi...Ã,  :D

QuoteWhat do the French put in the water?
frog thighs!!Ã,  ;)

QuotePLEASE FINISH THIS......even if its a short game
Just don't cancel on us
No panic...I respect my promises!!Ã,  ;)

But,there is a small problem:
problem of legality

pfff, I am a resistant, I would fight for the fans!!!Ã,  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ;) >:( >:( >:( >:(

nope!

Fan games & legality... same old problem

In my point of view, we can't blame Lucas Arts for protecting their work. On the other hand, they don't really respect their own creations: Sam & Max II (rest in peace), Indiana Jones games (which are now Lara Croft like games)...

Sometimes, I wonder about the opinion of the authors of the Original Monkey Island/DOTT games...they might be a little sadÃ,  :-\

Anyways, back to the topic.

You should work only onÃ,  the "first" chapter of your game and see how Lucas Arts reacts...(see the problems of the 2 years development Garfield game)

ravenfusion

Whoa. This project looks very promising, your drawing style is very clear and matches that of the Monkey Island games perfectly.  You've got alot of talent, and I hope you use it well. But, do you think the game will have voice overs? If it's using the sprites from MI2 then I think text is alright but voice overs would be great, IF you could find someone to do them.

Also, it would be cool if you could include a scene with him and a NEW ring and he's curious about if it's cursed or not. Although I can't remember if she had a ring at the end of MI3...

Rock, paper and scissors is another feature that could be included. Anyways, keep working on it. :)

Blackthorne

Quote from: Ravenfusion on Sun 02/05/2004 23:29:21
Whoa. This project looks very promising, your drawing style is very clear and matches that of the Monkey Island games perfectly.Ã,  You've got alot of talent, and I hope you use it well.

Again, I say.... drawings=good?  But backgrounds?  Animations?  This is all talk, really..... how many other projects have people SHOT down in flames because they have nothing to show.  So far we've seen a few still pictures, albiet very nice ones, but that's it.  No plot, no sprites, nothing.  Just some conversation about it.

Not to slag this project, but I love how sometimes people will support a project so hardcore with no evidence, and SLAM another one harder into the ground, sending a potential AGS programmer crying into a corner, cuddling with their blanket singing "All By Myself" by Eric Carmen.

That said, Phantom - let's see an animation or a background next.... that would be nice.

Bt

damian

Hello there...
This is my first post, I just found out about AGS, and just saw this post and the beautiful art you are making for your project.
If you need help with the music, don't hesitate to ask me for help, I love to compose and making music for a MI game would be a lot of fun.
Using midi sounds like a good idea for the old times feeling... but maybe something "a bit better" would go along nicer with your fantastic artwork.

Cheers, everyone!

Damián.

FantomeLeCheikh

Quote from: Blackthorne519 on Mon 03/05/2004 01:08:06
Again, I say.... drawings=good?Ã,  But backgrounds?Ã,  Animations?Ã,  This is all talk, really..... how many other projects have people SHOT down in flames because they have nothing to show.Ã,  So far we've seen a few still pictures, albiet very nice ones, but that's it.Ã,  No plot, no sprites, nothing.Ã,  Just some conversation about it.

Not to slag this project, but I love how sometimes people will support a project so hardcore with no evidence, and SLAM another one harder into the ground, sending a potential AGS programmer crying into a corner, cuddling with their blanket singing "All By Myself" by Eric Carmen.

That said, Phantom - let's see an animation or a background next.... that would be nice.

Humm...Ã,  :(
I don't understand your obstinacy to believe that the project will not succeed!!Ã,  Ã, ???
I only started 2 weeks ago!!! Leave me time to make well!Ã,  :-[
I will not draw backgrounds without finishing the story: a good work is a precise work!
If you don't want to contribute to the project by suggestions, a support or others: don't come to write hereÃ,  :-[

For the othersÃ,  ;)
thanks for your ideas and your supports!!!Ã,  :D
Bye!!!!Ã,  Ã, ;D

Sam.

I know it looks great and i don't want to insult you but i thought the rules of games inproduction was that we had some storyline and screenshots, maybe it's just me...

Scummbuddy

we have concept art (for backgrounds) and some character art, but yeah, as she said, she wants to get the story done before making anymore backgrounds, which, is the correct way to go.
-Hoagie from DOTT

FantomeLeCheikh

Quotei thought the rules of games inproduction was that we had some storyline and screenshots

Hi!
Why seek conflicts where there isn't?  ;)
I'm here to advance my project not to complicate me life  :-[
If you want to take part in the game, my doors are open for you...If not I can't anything for you sorry!  :-[

Sam.

lol, sorry i seemed aggressive. u go for it. I just really want to see this done. I need some monkey puzzle aciton thats all

FantomeLeCheikh

Quotewe have concept art (for backgrounds) and some character art, but yeah, as she said, she wants to get the story done before making anymore backgrounds, which, is the correct way to go.
She?!

is there a way to have monkey combat in AGS?

Privateer Puddin'

FantomeLeCheikh

Quoteis there a way to have monkey combat in AGS?
I will try to innovate...  :)

That would be too easy to use the same concept!
I will make work the monkey spirit which is in me... :P

Scummbuddy

Oh geez, my apologies about the gender issue. I assumed from the name it was a she, and if you glance at the avatar, it looks like lipstick on lechuck... and i hope you dont take offense, but i assumed you were a girl based on the drawing of guybrush.  ill stop talking now.
-Hoagie from DOTT

FantomeLeCheikh

Sam.

just awonderin, is there any way ew can see screenshots from your last game so we can see what your in-game graphics are like? it would b a way of seeing more of your work withou rushing you. (unless it is an old style that you do't like, then i will be patient)

DanClarke

Forgive me for being skeptical, but i'm really holding reservations for this game until i can get excited about the plot. I feel that you've tried to sell the game purely on the graphics so far (which i have to say are looking fantastic) which is the problem with a lot of games today, all style no substance. As a modern and wary gamer, i try not to place to much in the promise of great graphics. Afterall Lucasarts games really are great because of the story and scripting, the graphics and music are just the icing.

Surely you must know something about what will happen in this game, as logically you would have written the plot 1st. Please prove me worng with this, and good luck.

FantomeLeCheikh

Hi... :)
"patience is a virtue"

Currently, I'm in exams and I cant entirely devote my time to the game!!!
Once on holiday I will be able to start truly!!!  ;)
I will leave you some time  :'(

bye!

Blackthorne

Quote from: DanClarke on Mon 03/05/2004 23:10:47
Forgive me for being skeptical, but i'm really holding reservations for this game until i can get excited about the plot. I feel that you've tried to sell the game purely on the graphics so far (which i have to say are looking fantastic) which is the problem with a lot of games today, all style no substance.

That's what I've been saying, but we got a billion peeps here declaring, in a five page thread no less, that "This looks so promising, or This looks awesome...."
I haven't seen a plot yet......

Bt

Quotebut we got a billion peeps here declaring, in a five page thread no less, that "This looks so promising, or This looks awesome...."
.. yeh those people disgust me... Oh...

Can we at least know something thats been decided? Locations? Characters? Setting? Time period (after Escape after curse.. etc)

:P...

DanClarke

please, no monkey kombat, i beg of you. :-\

Ok maybe no monkey combat... how about... the Return of ... MURRAY BALL!!!

damian

What a shame... the guy left...
I was going to propose to work together with the plot, music, artwork and so on... surely we are all better at different things, reunite them in one project would be interesting... I don't know if you guys already do that, frankly, I have not read much of the forum yet to know if that's a usual procedure you tend to take.

Damián.

j-Hed

Hello it's me and my brother here, we made a little tune for inspiration to your game.

The background we had in mind for the song was your first one (the outhouse) in nightime/dusk.

www.xtreem.nu/jonas/mki_night2.ogg

Baz

I'm a big fan of the monkey island series and ive completed em all about 5 times. A bit lame but the games are amazing. The best part of monkey island are the insults and the crazy things you have to do to progress throught the game like putting prosthetic skin over the man hole in MI4 so you have got to put stuff like that in your game. Your drawings are truly amazing but i fear Lucas Arts will attempt to shut down your game  :'(. Can't wait til you tell us the story line and see some animations :D.

Blackthorne

Quote from: Baz on Wed 19/05/2004 21:24:09
Can't wait til you tell us the story line and see some animations :D.

He won't, just like every other dude who comes in here, announces they are REMAKING or MAKING A FAN GAME OF
(choose one of the following)
             a) Monkey Island
             b) Space Quest
             c) Indiana Jones

without having anything done first.  It's a shame, really.  His cartoons looked nice, but I don't think he had a story, animations of any notion of how to use AGS. But I could be wrong.  Watch him come back with some HUGE completed game.  ;D

Baz

lol, probly. But i hope he does comeback with a huge game that is better than Monkey island, lol, but i doubt it. :P

Remember God once said never kick a stray dog...............bite it instead!

Hollister_Man unplugged

Dude Blackthorne, are you always such a wet blanket?  You did the same to my game thread once.  The kid said he had finals, so give him a week or so before you kibosh the whole thing.  I haven't seen you do anything productive recently. (*wink*)

Blackthorne

Quote from: Hollister_Man unplugged on Thu 20/05/2004 21:05:51
Dude Blackthorne, are you always such a wet blanket?Ã,  You did the same to my game thread once.Ã,  The kid said he had finals, so give him a week or so before you kibosh the whole thing.Ã,  I haven't seen you do anything productive recently. (*wink*)

Hollister, I don't go promoting big things without anything to show for it.  Sorry if I'm a wet blanket, but it's been more than a week, finals don't take that long - I went to school.  I just think he got in way over his head, and is bailing out.  Seen it a MILLION times on these forums.  It just gets annoying when someone comes in saying "I am going to remake the ULTIMATE version of MONKEY ISLAND/SPACE QUEST/KING'S QUEST ever!!!!!!"

BTW, what game thread of yours did I comment in. I honestly don't remember.

And My team, Infamous Adventures, has been really busy with our project, Quest For Infamy.  We just bought a dot-com for it.

Bt

AGA

Whoa, calm it, guys. If you don't have anything worthwhile to say, don't say anything.

Snake

Yes, you guys have to stop.

//takes out cane and taps other palm with it...

No more of this nonsence crap. If you've got nothing good to say, don't say shit. He says he'll be out for a while, take his damn word for it and wait.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Hindead

Welll... hello... I'm from Portugal, and i've never heard of ags before reading "The Inventory", a free magazine from WWW.justadventure.com! Well... i downloaded que program and yes... a door opened for me! That was what i always wanted to do! But well... the drawing.. you know... the drawing... :'(
Apart from that, i've had an idea for monkey island! Instead of making a game from other games, I had an idea of making a prequel from the first game... Guybrush should start in Australia (I believe that is where his father was from)... he would be cought up in a marcant ship, or something... maybe a sink somewhere... and finishing the game when Guybrush reaches an island, goes to the lighthouse and say: "I want to be a pirate!"... just how he first one starts... How's about that? Well... this story doesnt stop us of making swordfighting... good jokes... and all that Threepwood is known to do! Besides... we have to explain his horror to porcelain... ???
Well, i have to say that I love your artwork... its so good, that the game should be in 800X600!
Good luck for your project... I am able to help you, if its necessary!

P.S.: Spit contest!!!!

Chicky

Quote from: Blackthorne519 on Thu 20/05/2004 23:04:05

Hollister, I don't go promoting big things without anything to show for it.Ã,  Sorry if I'm a wet blanket, but it's been more than a week, finals don't take that long -

Err I'm doing my 'finals' at the moment, and i've been on study leave for two weeks now and i've done 3 exams so far. Ive got another month of this shit.

To lechuck, this game looks great. Your art's brilliant but i think when you come back to it you should stop doing game posters and work on the f**king gameÃ,  :P

seriously though, make sure you plan the game properly before jumping into things. Then you know adzactly how long the game is going to be and how long it will take.

now off to do english revisionÃ,  ;)

carolwashy

just been reading this topic, and wondered if you guys could tell me where to get monkey island, so i can check out the originals myself.  ::)

cheers people. thanks in advance.

AGA

Try ebay, or you could buy the Mega Monkey pack (all 4 MI games in one box) in stores...

jason

Quote from: carolwashy on Fri 28/05/2004 15:25:22
just been reading this topic, and wondered if you guys could tell me where to get monkey island, so i can check out the originals myself.Ã,  ::)

cheers people. thanks in advance.
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=12658.0

Escape from Monkey Island is the only one available now, but both games were available for 4.99 before. :(

Barbarian

Looks like LucuasArts is now having a special of the first 4 Monkey Island games for sale in a bundled offer:
http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/specials/monkey_bundle.htm

Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Loco

Hi! :)
To Fantom, I have a little talent with voices and if you want I could do character voices and voice overs for you. :o

Baz

Not to sound rude or anything. But does it seem like Fantom has given up on this game? I hope he hasnt because it looked like a decent game :'(.

Blackthorne

Looked like a decent game? ALL he had was F@!king posters made!Ã,  It takes more than a picture of a dude to make a game.Ã,  How bout 1,500 animations, or 70 backgrounds?Ã,  Or CODING!Ã,  I mean, it's friggin Monkey Island!  You already have built in audience, characters, development and conflict!!!!!!!!  Of course it sounds decent, it's a MONKEY ISLAND GAME!  Monkey Island games have sold millions of copies!!!

Baz

Well you know what i mean, dont ya? I ment that the art looked good so i presumed that the game art would be good. Shouldn't be quick to presume things, should i? I just reckon he drew them and decided in his mind he was going to make the game but now he can't because it is too much hard work. But id like to see him prove me wrong.

Blackthorne

Yeah, I may have overreacted.  I was having a bad day.  You ever just rant unmercilously?? 

It's a shame, because the prod. art was very good.  I would have liked to have seen this game come to be, but it's a lot of work, especially for one guy to do.

Bt

Sam.

shame, it was a nice dream. Doesn't look like he's coming bac. It's been over a omonth now with no news. I hope I'm wrong.

Baz

Was a nice dream, one of the many dreams. Lets just hope he is like Martin Luther King and makes his dream real. I know days like that Blackthorne wen u ran unmercilesly (if thats how u spell it). I bet Fantom is sittin readin these forums,lol.

Sam.

Laughing an cursing in french. DOung french things like..like...eating croissants or something. What is derogatory about the french stereo-type? If he's a fantome can he really make games? Or eat croissants. It makes you think doesn't it. Well it made me think.

Kinoko

You never know. Maybe he's actually off doing what we all wanted him to do - making the game! Quite frankly, I'd prefer someone that sat down and just worked on it properly, and didn't rush it, to someone who spent every day posting on forums saying, "Er, I thought up another line of dialogue". The art is very nice and if the game gets made, great. If it's a good game, fantastic! If he doesn't have time to do it properly and decides to abandon it, then that's better than having him rush it and muck it up.

MrColossal

Agreement Kinoko,

I'm going to lock this for now and the owner of the thread can PM if they want it unlocked to update it.

Eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk