Most HATED COMMERCIALS!!!!!!!!

Started by Raggit, Sat 24/04/2004 00:36:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Raggit

We've all been tortured by it at one time or another...  You're watching your favorite show and then it happens.  That commercial.  The one you shiver at.  The one that makes your stomach turn over and a cold chill race over your body.  It's... It's... IT'S... YOUR MOST HATED COMMERCIAL!

So what TV commercials make you want to rush out and slap the people behind them?? Of course, most all commercials are disposable, but which ones REALLY make you squirm?

One commerical I really hate is 1-800 PetMeds!  Where they have some stupid woman trying to load her stupid dog into her stupid car to take it to the stupid vet.  And then this other stupid woman just picks up her stupid phone and dials 1-800 stupid PetMeds and everything is all happy!

Or those Country Crock butter commercials!

So what is yours?
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Yo Mama!

Bowflex commercials.  >:(

And I disagree about all commercials being disposable. I like the six flags commercials with the old man dancing to We Like to Party. Makes me laugh every time!  ;D

Domino

Ovaltine commercials.

They are so cheesey that it's almost laughable.

Raggit

Quote from: Dark-of-Night on Sat 24/04/2004 00:45:58
Ovaltine commercials.

Oh man, I could I have forgotten to include the dreaded Ovaltine commercial in my original post??!?!??  Ovaltine is the worst thing that's been advertised since Preperation-H!
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Yo Mama!

Whats wrong with Preperation-H commercials? "Ah! I can ride a bike again!"

Raggit

Perhaps the nastiest commercials are toilet paper and "femine product" commercials.  

--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

rtf

Peer below you.

I mean, really!!!!

Do they really think that people are going to want to come eat at a place who's image is driven by two Zombie Furbies?

Next time, think about it, Quiznos.   >:(
I fail at art.

Meowster

Insurance Ads. Solicitors Ads. Debt Management Ads. With all their fake testimonals from slobbish, scummy, bottom-of-the-barrel people, and their annoying, cheap editing.

I hate them.

EDIT: And Mobile Phone Ring Tone Ads. ASDASDf. Again, annoying accents and cheap editing as well as fucked up testimonials from people you wouldn't want to even be associated with, as well as the entire ad being orchestrated by an overused Nokia ringtone.

DragonRose

RTF: But... the SPONGMONKEYS!!!1!!onehundredeleven!!! I heart the spongmonkeys in any shape or form, whether they are liking the moon or the subs.

There's one Subway ad that I hate with a burning passion, however.  There's a middle aged man, dressed up in a blonde wig and a cheerleader outfit, dancing around and washing his car to strains of "Oh Micky You're So Fine".  His wife comes out of the house and stares at him.  His response "It's okay, Honey! I had Subway today!"

W. T. F.

Also, stupid "have you been injured? We will get you money!"

Those ads are illegal in Canada, but we get them from US stations.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Ben

Bears wiping their butts!!

And Toyota commercials. They just rub me the wrong way..

LordHart

I hated these old ads that they used to have for Rice. They tried to make out that rice was the greatest invention ever or some crap and you could do more than just boil it or fry it, or whatever.  And they always showed just a plate of rice, and it turned into various things...

I hated the catchphrase, "Rice! More versatile than you thought!"

Fuck off is it! It's just fucking rice, you couldn't do anything with it. Its just for eating, you can't make little planes, or cars or people with it, thats stupid. Just eat it you stupid ad execs!

I will forever love the Late Show for making fun of those stupid ads. Bloody rice, not as versatile as you thought!!! ;)

Las Naranjas

I hate all the ads for various alcohols that stress blokiness and leering at girlies [Cougar Bourbon, New and VB being the main culprits]. It's a pity Teenage boys and office workers trying to prove they're still masculine are such a large market. Just go buy Ralph or FHM or Fuckwit monthly and leave my airwaves alone!
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Darth Mandarb

If any of you watch TechTV you'll see these IT certification commercials that are the most god awful things I've ever seen!

Then there's the debt management commercials where they have a white man, a black man, a hispanic male, an old lady, an italian, basically every classification of person you can name all in a room talking about 'how to get out of debt'.  Whenever the commercial comes on I just hit mute.

I also love the commercials for revolutionary products that replace old technology.  Like the new 'no snag' garden hose that rolls up easily.  Then they show the person 'struggling' with the old style hose.  Tell you what folks, if you can't manage to roll up a fu**ing garden hose, I don't think the new kind is really going to be any better for you.

The problem comes from two things I think:
1) lack of imagination/originality
2) they hire friends (cheap) to do the acting rather than actors

Oh well ... at least you can get a laugh from them.

Shattered Sponge

For much the same reason as Orange's dislike of alcohol commercals, I utterly despise those peddling deodorant.  Particularily loathsome are the advertisements for Lynx; here's a couple of the ending punchline/tagline/whatever thingies (I'm tired, alright?) that will serve to illustrate, for those lucky enough not to have seen them, just how irritating these adverts are:

"Men's sweat only attracts other men.  You don't want to attract other men, do you?  That would make you gay.  You don't want to be gay, do you?"

"The girls are ready, WHY AREN'T YOU!?"

Believe it or not, the actual adverts themselves are even more painful to watch than those lines are to read, and I just can't bear to relive the sheer horror they put me through so as to describe them here.  Sorry!

Phemar

-Now you can manage your banking faster!
-What was that?
-Don't worry, it's just an ad.
-Right
Logo pops up

-Hey, is that that ad for first national bank?
-Yeah, that's it.
-So what are you doing?
-Waiting for the logo
-'kay.
Logo pops up.

First national gets on my nerves...they're funnily corny!

DGMacphee

In Brisbane, we have a guy called (I think) Craig Wicks who owns a series of rug stores called "Rugs-A-Million".

Nearly every time you see an ad, he's on there saying he's going out of business and all stock has to go.

His ads have been running for about five years or so, which means he's been going out of business since about 1998.

He also looks like Bruce Mcavaney, which is even scarier.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Meowster

With Cheese, Please!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

SteveMcCrea in Austin

Damien

I just *hate* commercials for cleaning products, and commercials with babies.

Curry's Always cutting prices... *snip snip*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk