Started by Raggit, Sat 24/04/2004 00:36:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Las Naranjas

"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Rave

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

I really hate the enzyhte commercial. It is so stupid and almost funny, but i don't think a mis shapen wiener would make anyone happy.
It was an acciDENT he ran toward me and I hated him and I accidentally pullED OUT MY knife I had spent 5 hours sharpening.

SSH

Quote from: Kinoko on Sun 25/04/2004 16:17:09
I also hate ads about raising awareness of STDs like the current "thrush" ads (I think it's thrush). They show all sorts of woman saying "I've had it", "I've had it too", "I got it ages ago", "I've got it right now!", "I'm getting it for my birthday!" (okay, the last couple are of my own creation). Then they reveal that lots of people have this particular STD. It's just stupid, and sick, and I hate the message. 'Lots of people have STDs so you shouldn't be ashamed about it. It's NORMAL!'

Actually, thrush is not exlusively or even typically an STD. The spores that cause it are found everywhere, often it is present but not infecting because one's "friendly bacteria" keep it at bay. It is often triggered by a course of antibiotics as this kills of the firendly bacteria and the thrush gets a foothold.  Many babies get it after antibiotics. Another reason to stop antibotics being over-used.

Anyway, Ocean Finace adverts are the most annoying. They have lots of actors pretending to be real people by having very badly wirtten lines to read out. Including one woman who says "They don't babble you with science or whatever".

a) WTF has science got to do with loans?
b) It's baffle, not babble, anyway
c) Lose some weight, you big lardball. And that goes for all the other women in that advert too. The first one looks like Les Dawson.
d) And the husband who makes the pathetic joke wife: "It was really easy" husband: "Even for me"  wife (looks at him with barely concealed loathing) "Hehe".
e) Stop pretending you help people when you just let them get deeper into debt
f) Die, scum

Ashen

On a related note, the Yes! Car Credit ads, with the woman in the strange green and yellow pixie suit. Or any credit / finance ads really.
"Looking for a way to cut your debts? Try not taking out ridiculously large loans. Fool!"

Also, the Sainsbury's ads with Jamie Oliver. I hate Jamie Oliver. This cannot be overstated.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Meowster

I'm sorry. But anybody who hates tampon ads can only hate them because they're male and in some sort of weird denial that girls have periods.

MrColossal

Um... I hate commercials in general because a lot of them are really stupid... Which includes tampon ads... Does mean I have a weird denial of girls having periods?

My girlfriend even hates them, is she crazy in the brain? Or maybe they're just dumb commercials and it has very little to do with the subject matter...

Huh... Who'da thunk of that...
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Robert Eric

I love the Enzyte commercials.  If you don't see why, go watch one.  I usually see them on Comedy Central.
Ã, Ã, 

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Clover adverts!!! NOW WITH RYHMING COUPLETS!!!!!!111111!"

Nellie

You're all wrong.Ã,  The worst advert on the planet is

THIS ONE

especially if you have a low tolerance for saccharine.

Queen Kara

Aww. I thought that was cute. Then again I often tend to fit into the stereotypical "girly girl" label and I'm attracted to cute and girly things along even though I also like horror.

""They don't babble you with science or whatever". " *laughs* That reminds me of this commercial that looks good right up until the guy says "This isn't rocket surgery!" ...I'm pretty sure the line was supposed to be "This isn't rocket science!" and some nutbar decided to release the commercial anyway even though it had a mistake or just was lazy and didn't make sure everybody got their lines right or something.

Oh , and I forgot to mention earlier but the "rich chocolate Ovaltine" commercial ticks me off too , not only does it not have truth in advertising ( Gatorade and Ovaltine have a foul taste ) ,  but it's really boring too.

Another "oh ..and" : I'm not too thrilled about tampon commercials either ( they count as hygene  / health related right? ) I don't know if I mentioned that already but stuff like that ticks me off since it's sick ( if I wanted to watch a tampon commercial I'd a couple of friends to do one for me and tape it or something but then again whey would anyone actually want to watch such a thing? lol ) ...especially since  they seem to be on whenever people are trying to eat. 

I hate Gap and Old Navy too. The only time I was ever interested in an Old Navy brand name clothing was those cute t-shirts with the American flag on it , but then I thought "I don't want one if I can't the get the brandname off." *laughs*

Not about a commercial , but still sick and stupid , but a bit funny : It was a school day and these girls were talking about periods and I was like "I can't believe you're talking about that in public!" and this one girl says something like "It's a part of life, honey." Nowadays , when I look back...I wonder why she called me honey and that part makes me laugh but I still am amazed that somebody , especially a girl , would talk about something like that in public.  I've joked about it once or twice but I usually don't talk about it.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

Robert Eric

I hate those IM and such commercials.  They promote shit grammar.
Ã, Ã, 

Dart

Quote from: Cale on Wed 05/05/2004 20:05:08
I'm sorry. But anybody who hates tampon ads can only hate them because they're male and in some sort of weird denial that girls have periods.

Believe me; I'm not male. At least, I wasn't the last time I checked.  And with that being said, it's basically impossible for me to believe that girls don't have periods.

Now continuing with the topic, I hate those Gap and Old Navy commercials, especially the most recent one with some chick screaming out "Mix it up, Miami!", and this stereotypical surfer saying "Toes on the noes, bros!". The rest of the commerical is just oozing with idiocy.

I know it's meant to be funny, but you know what? It isn't. At least not for me.

shbaz

I downloaded a hilarious tampon ad spoof once, too bad the movie section is down at College Humor or I could share it.Ã,  :-[

Made up the name Klotex and had a bunch of graphic descriptions of.. I'll just stop there.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Raggit

Tampon commercials are just nasty and that's that.  I'm a male and I despise seeing a bunch of women talk about their personal self and how their period works.

You can be either male or female and hate tampon ads.  My sister hates them also. 

And what I really hate is when they say things like, "If you stand up after sitting for awhile your flow can increase by 'whatever %". 
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Tampon commercials are funny as fuck,
they gotta have a gay guy saying it increases your flow by whatever %

And enzyte commercials are pretty cool, but really corny, but acually really funny.
Damn, why can't I make up my mind.
It was an acciDENT he ran toward me and I hated him and I accidentally pullED OUT MY knife I had spent 5 hours sharpening.

LGM

They're not like that in America... All they ever say is, "Look! I can ride a bike!" "Look! I can kiss a guy!" "LOOK, I'M SMILING CAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO GET BLOOD STAINS OUT OF MY UNDIES!!"

Anyhoo.. I don't mind when girls talk about thier period.. just today, this girl was telling me about it all. I found it interesting.. You know you've reached a certain point in a friendship when a girl shares those kinds of details.
You. Me. Denny's.

Pumaman

Quote from: Scuthbert on Sun 25/04/2004 19:11:09
Bloody DFS...

it seems they are always having a 'Exlusive half price sale'

Or 'Christmas Sale' 'Easter Sale' 'Tuesday Sale' .. so maybe not like that .. but it really is becoming a parody.

Heh, indeed ... if DFS have just one more "this weekend only" sale, I may be forced to go on a killing spree. Apologies to anyone who may get caught in the crossfire.

Anyway, when it's time for me to buy furniture, I sure know where I'm not going to get it from.

QuoteAnyway, when it's time for me to buy furniture, I sure know where I'm not going to get it from.
Mcdonalds?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk