Building a small team for a game thats all ready in production.

Started by .., Sun 25/04/2004 18:21:27

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm building a SMALL team for a game I'm making.

The plot is already completely sorted through and etched in stone, as are the puzzles and characters.

Synopsis
Bruce Taikner is an adventurer who's life has been taken up with searching for the island of Atlantis. He turned to isolating himself in his studies and thinks he's found the exact location. Everybody thinks he's crazy, He sets ship and sets anchor above where he thinks it is. During the night his ship is sunken by a strange force and he finds himself the next day trapped in a strange room. He is delighted that he has found Atlantis but soon becomes homesick.
After escaping the room he meets a beautiful young girl who seems shocked, like everyone else, that a Surface Dweller has survived the fall to Atlantis, he is advised to see the local Wiseman who takes him to the king. The king has grown corrupt and senses this man may overthrow him, so sends him out to do two impossible tasks that have killed all who have tried them before. Amazingly he completes them and the king trys to kill him in anger, he escapes but finds himself in hiding, with the evil kings minions on the prowl. He manages to find a way to the surface but must choose to save the civilians of Atlantis from there corupt leader or go back to his life on land.

Now, the plot sounds really bad and simple. but I'm not great with words, the story is in my head (and notebook :D)

Screenshots

The only screenshot I have is this one, which is the village he arrives in

The scripting is already underway and the game has a Broken Sword style interface.

What I would like:

Colorist
I can draw nice backgrounds but I really don't like coloring them, my cloring skills aren't great anyway and I think Making AGS games should be fun, therefore it would be really nice if I had somebody to help me color them.

Animator
I really am no good at animating, I can just about make a walkcycle but even that looks terrible.

Dialog/Story Writer
Like I said earlier, I'm not great with words. I often have a point to make but no way to express them. Someone who can write interesting and intriguing dialog would be a good help.

Everyone is welcome to bring there own unique style into the game.

That's really all I need at the moment, I may need voice actors at a later date but I haven't decided yet. If you think you could help with something else just tell me and i'll see. But i don't want a really big team.

Please Reply to this thread or PM if you would like to help. Thanks a lot.

Peder 🚀

Looks really nice,, Iam gonna try the demo when it comes!!

LGM

I could probably color for you.. My skills are a bit rusty.. But I would most definitely help with dialogs, plot-holes, continuity, etc. Dialog is mah thang. I'm already on the "team" for BTS as Story Advisor.. So, I would like to help in anyway..

If you decide to make it talkie, I'll do voices too ;)

My email is andrew_edmark@hotmail.com. Any of my work can be seen here.
You. Me. Denny's.

This post goes dead then suddenly two replies at once :O

QuoteLooks really nice,, Iam gonna try the demo when it comes!!

LGM... Thanks.. I'll send you some sketches soon yo see what you make of them :D

Ishmael

I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Phemar

YES YES YES W00T! FINALLY! Someone who gives some info on their game before jumping in and straightforward requesting a team for something no-one knows anything about!

Hooray for you, Scuthie!

Scuthie !? I aint been called that before ... lol

Thanks for the replies and PMs :) I'm still looking for an animator... If anyone is interested? Keep them coming...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk