April MAGS van K. Airbreak

Started by Rocco, Mon 26/04/2004 22:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocco

Its done,

This were the hardest 2 weeks of my life so far, and i could not implement even half of the ideas, but i guess this is not unusal.
So here it is: van K. Airbreak

Hopefully its understandable cause i finished the text yesterday (in fact today), and so was not enough time to correct and control the whole text grammar.
Thanks to Scuth who has try to do it.

Here you can download the game: http://www.virtual-illusion.com  

EDIT: Sorry I found an bug and repair it, now a better functioning version is downloadable.
If someone have the first version:
The bug was in the first screen, if you try to go in the building without solving the puzzle with the parking-meter, the charakter stucks. So dont try this if you havent paid the parking-meter or download the hopefully buggyfree new version, again.

EDIT: German Version included

EDIT: AGS Source Files available

A few words to the game:
i used 800x600 with 32 bit so its rather huge with 13,6Mb filesize.
But it contains 1 complete song, and a few soundfragments.
So i guess its worth downloading it.
The plot: The player want to be the new funk-guitar player, at the band from maestro
Francesco van K. Airbreak, so he had to step through the musicschool, improve your music-ability
to finally get on stage with The Maestro himself

luutje

look nice. but i am stuck already. i have to put money in the parking meter but i dont have money and the gum doesnt work.

luutje

never mind. i figured it out.

Minimi

This is one awesome game! The only thing that bugs me, is that I have no knowledge at all from guitars, so the puzzle with were you must say wich one it is, at the piano... i just have no idea :P

But I like the puzzles and the dialog, and it's very nicely modelled! I'm right now at 47% I think...

I'll try later on the finish it!

tootsie69

Absolutely BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great graphics-
Great storyline-
Great music-
Great puzzles-
Just one hitch-
THE GAME WAS TOO, TOO, SHORT

I WANT MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOKKING FORWARD TO THE SEQUEL

jane

As you say the puzzles are to easy but brill game and great graphics and music  ;D

Broken Sword

Excellent Rocco, most excellent !

You got my vote !
Normally you should win the competition.

Outstanding guitar work !
I especially like the riff that Jeff plays when you're not interacting with anything.
It reminds me of "In My Time of Dying".  8)

Rocco

Thanks, im very glad, about your comments.   :D

@Broken Sword:
I purchased an Ibanez in December.
This is my first Guitar with this kind of Whammy system, and I like it and use it intensive.
Specially the possibility to sound like a slide guitar is very cool.

@jane: for sure, in my next game the puzzles are more and a bit harder,
i dont like puzzles, they are only solveable with trial and error or not logical, so the always a little bit easier then in some other games.

@tootsie69: Im not sure if i should work further on this game, maybe cause my plans in the beginning were to make a few more interactions with music-lessons, like rhythm train and jamming.

@minimi:  I know that this kind of Ear-training is to heavy, even for musicians i guess, but i never had in mind to let the player stuck, if he doesnt receive good results in this actions.
But at the beginning i had planed to split this exercise and to add a few more, like i describe above, trace the results and decide depending on that, if you get the Job or not, with maybe different endings.
But one month gives not much room for great jumps ;).

So great thank you all, for your really, really outstanding awesome critics.
Never expected this -  :o

greets
Rocco

PS: added a german version in the Game-file

lakerz

Quick question...is getting all the answers right at the piano lesson necessary to complete the game?  The questions regarding the piano are too tough for me to pass, but the rest of the game is very nice.  If it is necessary to pass that part, does anyone have a  saved game right after doing that?

Rocco

no, its only a lesson, it have do be done, no matter if you get good or bad results. :)

EKM

Hmm, I downloaded this...I still have to play it. By the looks of the graphics, it looks nice =)

gondrong

Quote from: Rocco on Sun 23/05/2004 09:49:49
no, its only a lesson, it have do be done, no matter if you get good or bad results. :)

but if i failed all the question will i still ca continue the game   ???

Rocco

Quote from: gondrong on Wed 27/07/2005 06:08:13
Quote from: Rocco on Sun 23/05/2004 09:49:49

but if i failed all the question will i still ca continue the gameÃ,  Ã, ???

no problem as i wrote above, the lesson dont affect the game,
no matter how many notes are right.
you can play through, there is no situation where you can stuck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk