First Try at new style UPDATED WITH EDIT 1

Started by .., Sat 01/05/2004 17:42:55

Previous topic - Next topic

As you may or may not know.. i absoulutely hate coloring... this is my first try at a different style to my normal, It's supposed to look kinda like the backgrtounds from bad Timing or similar... I know it's nowhere near perfect os help me get it there!

Remco

Looks great for a new style, it`s always difficult to try a new style if you are used to something else. The only thing i don't like is the flame, it's to unrealistic. Other that that, i like your new style.
There is only 1 entertainer, the Q entertainer!

Privateer Puddin'

Have our schools become so bad that you don't know the english spelling of colour?  :-\

Flame? Uh.. That's supposed to be a lamp.. My god i didn't know i was that bad.. lol

QuoteHave our schools become so bad that you don't know the english spelling of colour?
Eeek.. I do a lot of HTML which is annoying cos I have to put color ... I always get in trouble for that at school.. even though i'm supposed to be 'intelligent'

DanClarke

it seems a little too sparse, and the framing isnt great, there should be points of interest in scenes, but with this my eyes are all over the place.

Hollister Man

Those two lamps do look kinda like flames.  :/  Great work otherwise :)

Hey, at least "color" is correct in some countries, but I think its funnier that you spelt "absoulutely" instead of "absolutely"
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

Ok, how can I frame it better and draw attention ot the pots (Cos thats where it all happens)

Damien

I like it.

Try adding some stuff , like walkbehinds at the bottom right of the screen, some shadows, etc., it looks a bit empty.

Ok Here's Edit Number 1.

I added shadows to a lot of things, including the wall and floor which i think frame the picture better

Tried to make the lamps more lamp-like

Jayel

before you add any shadows, thnk about where the light source is.
Also, things could be more identifiable.  I don't know what the grey stuff at the edges of the screen are.

Other than those, not bad at all.

The light source is the lamps in the middle whgich is why the shadows are at the end.

The grey things are dust :)

Haddas

But why is the wall where the lamp is on darker then?

Andail

Scruthbert, why not start out a little easier, by just drawing things stylistic and simple? Before adding shadows, filter and light effects, just draw the lamp the way lamps usually are drawn, so that people can recognise it.
Why not just take a look at real room, and draw things that are usually found in a room, the way they usually look like.

DanClarke

i would remove the red surround on the lamp too.

QuoteBut why is the wall where the lamp is on darker then?
Good point, in my original version (not posted here) the lamps were never on.. Forgot about that wall

Quotei would remove the red surround on the lamp too.
Consider it done...

QuoteWhy not just take a look at real room, and draw things that are usually found in a room, the way they usually look like.
Nyaha.. But this is not an ordinary room.. This is in Atlantis! So it has its own weird style.. (Or is it crap..?)

Erwin_Br

I see major improvements since your last images, so I'd say: keep on practicing!

Your current image looks good. The perspective is all right but a bit dull at the same time.

The colors are great, they really fit together. Maybe a little more contrast couldn't do harm.

The new shadow you made in your second edit looks a bit unnatural, though. I think it looks better if you remove the shadow on the floor (bottom-right) and the one on the right wall.

Overall, I'd say you've done a really good job. This image has potential :)

--Erwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk