May MAGS

Started by Klaus, Mon 03/05/2004 08:35:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocco

Quote from: Blane on Tue 11/05/2004 17:29:34
I've got a some questions and some stuff to say

Q #1: Can a guy sneak into some mansion that once belonged to a rich dude in search of goods and have to escape

Q #2: Does the whole game have to be about a robbery, or can the robbery cause the plot?

Q #3: Does it have to be scripted?

Q #4: If the game's looks and possibly plot is crappy but the game itself is great, do I have a chance of winning?

The main purpose is to have fun, so if you make a game around the requirements, in whatever way you want, it is ok.
The second purpose is, that especcially newbies can look at the script files, to see how the game is working.

Q1: Great idea to work on
Q2: It depends on your game, and what you need.
Q3: No, the way you do it, is the right one
Q4: If its fun to play, and you get the most player-votes you win.Ã,  :)

Blane

Quote from: Rocco on Tue 11/05/2004 20:17:08
Quote from: Blane on Tue 11/05/2004 17:29:34
I've got a some questions and some stuff to say

Q #1: Can a guy sneak into some mansion that once belonged to a rich dude in search of goods and have to escape

Q #2: Does the whole game have to be about a robbery, or can the robbery cause the plot?

Q #3: Does it have to be scripted?

Q #4: If the game's looks and possibly plot is crappy but the game itself is great, do I have a chance of winning?

The main purpose is to have fun, so if you make a game around the requirements, in whatever way you want, it is ok.
The second purpose is, that especcially newbies can look at the script files, to see how the game is working.

Q1: Great idea to work on
Q2: It depends on your game, and what you need.
Q3: No, the way you do it, is the right one
Q4: If its fun to play, and you get the most player-votes you win.Ã,  :)

Thanx, I needed the answer. I'll give it a try

Minimi

I'm working on a small game this month, but what is a watchman? Is that something like a guard?

Totoro

Quote from: Minimi on Thu 13/05/2004 14:54:31
I'm working on a small game this month, but what is a watchman? Is that something like a guard?

It's the human form of a watch-dog, so I guess it could be called guard too  ;D

shbaz

I'm dropping out.. just got a job and I've been haphazardly joining large game projects on the side anyway.

I'll still try to get some tutorials up for people interested in 3d without the piracy, har har.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Minimi

Hey... is there still someone else making a game?? Because I'm definatley going to finish my game! Kraf??? Or anyone? It wouldn't be fun to be the only one to enter!

Hinders

yes, just gonna start now:D
----

spb

Quote from: Minimi on Mon 17/05/2004 09:47:41
Hey... is there still someone else making a game?? Because I'm definatley going to finish my game! Kraf??? Or anyone? It wouldn't be fun to be the only one to enter!

I'm working on one, but I'm not convinced it'll be in any shape to be released
by the deadline.  Of course, that didn't stop me last month....

jaz

The Coup de Coup will be uploaded tonight 9-10 PM GMT. Download link will be available roughly the same time.

Don't forget to

Chicky

bah, you dont want to vote for them. Vote No String's Attached!!Ã,  download coming soonÃ,  ;)

Minimi

like they say : who comes first, eats first! :P
My game is done!

Ralph the Raven Go here for the thread!

Here is the sourcecode of my game :
http://minimi.spijbelaars.com/ralphtrsourcecode.txt

PS: I'd say, vote for the game you like the most :)

jaz

COUP DE CUP completed!

Downoad it at

http://www.fozbee.co.uk/Coupdecup.exe

and don't forget to vote for us!

Totoro

Playing the Raven game now, looks cute  ;D
Uhm, but I think "open source" meant making the game open source so it could be loaded into ags as a reference for new users, not just posting the global script.

Minimi

Quote from: Totoro on Tue 25/05/2004 23:56:42
Playing the Raven game now, looks cuteÃ,  ;D
Uhm, but I think "open source" meant making the game open source so it could be loaded into ags as a reference for new users, not just posting the global script.
I'm not going to give away the whole game, sorry. Then someone could just change the content, and take their credit for it. Sorry...btw, the rules were to upload the source code!!! and that's what I did ;)

Chicky

ok so competition ends tommorow, then it looks like ive got to get mine finished today.  Shouldnt be too hard.

i'll keep it posted

Klaus

Quote from: Totoro on Tue 25/05/2004 23:56:42
That's it. And so it reads in the intro:

Quote from: Klaus on Mon 03/05/2004 08:35:55
- To show new AGSers how to solve problems with the system this time your AGS code must be open source. So you have to upload both: Your game and the source code.
To uploading the source code was just a reminder.Ã,  The global script alone won't do it as this is only a part of the source code. The game won't work at all if a new user just enters your code as there's no definition of rooms, dialogs, ... available. How should it be possible to learn handling AGS from this game then?

Quote from: OSC on Wed 26/05/2004 12:32:11
ok so competition ends tommorow.
Yes, that's right - all entries should be in within 24 hours from now so that the voting can start then...

Totoro

Is the source included in the Coup de Cup? Don't see it...  ???

Klaus

Quote from: Totoro on Wed 26/05/2004 13:51:02
Is the source included in the Coup de Cup? Don't see it...Ã,  ???
Right, this entry also doesn't seem to be "complete" by now.  :-\

Chicky

great games guys, both really nice. My vote goes to Coup De Cup though. Just love the atmosphere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk