No-Action Jackson

Started by cerebrit, Fri 07/05/2004 05:24:35

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

To get mum out of lounge
Spoiler
push sunflower in bedroom, pick up seeds and give to knuckles. go down and talk to mum
Spoiler

Can you tell me how to get thurston out of shower. I've switched on washing machine but he doesn't come out.
[close]
[close]

nickeedoo

Thanks Maggie. You're a star!

Here's your solution:

Spoiler
Turn on the dishwasher in the kitchen
[close]

simian

Spoiler
Could you give me a hint on how to get the coffee please?
[close]

nickeedoo

Sure thing:

Spoiler
You need to slip something in the Pedestrian drink that doesn't agree with him. Talk to him to find out exactly what.
[close]

If anyone has any hints as to how I can keep the kitchen door open, I'd be most grateful. Or how to open the vent outside the Dojo. OR how to get the TV working in the Gameshop. I don't need much help.

simian

Thank you, but:
Spoiler
Could you give me a hint on how to get the health food stuff?
[close]

The TV:
Spoiler
You need to use the hanger as an arial to get the TV working (detailed explanation below).
[close]
Spoiler
Use the cable wire with the TV out socket, use the hanger with the signal in socket then use the TV wire with the TV out socket.
[close]

nickeedoo

Thanks for the hint!

Here's yours:

Spoiler
You've looked in the tumble dryer, right?
[close]

If that's still no good, then:

Spoiler
You can buy something with that quarter. But it's not IN the Gameshop
[close]

If that's no good, then:

Spoiler
Use the quarter on the coin slot one the newspaper dispenser thing outside the Gameshop/Contruction worker place. The newspaper will help you.
[close]

nickeedoo

Another bug:

Spoiler
After you've got Thurston out of the shower and you pick up all the items he leaves, you can go back down to the kitchen and use the turn the dishwasher off, then on again repeating the scene where he gets out of the shower. If you go back into the shower the sponge is there again - but if you pick it up you don't get two of them.
[close]

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO stuck:

Spoiler
No clue what to do with the construction worker. No clue what to do with the CD player or CD-R I get if I open it. No clue how to keep the door open. No clue how to open the vent outside the Dojo. No clue how to get a membership for the fitness club
[close]

I'm rubbish.

Remco

i'm about as far as nickeedoo and i am stuck to. Really don't have a clue, someone please give a clue :S.
There is only 1 entertainer, the Q entertainer!

Kweepa

Well, this was a FANTASTIC game!
Certainly the best so far this year.
Probably my favourite AGS game...
nickeedoo, you hit it spot on when you said the graphics are comforting.

So, your hints:
CD player...
Spoiler

Open it again.
[close]
Vent outside Dojo:
Spoiler

Use sponge on grandma's cooking pot.
[close]
You should be good to go from there!

Again, thanks for the great game, Cerebrit. Great hints in the incidental dialog, great sound effects, etc. There's just a bunch of little bugs, mostly to do with the default responses.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Ashen

About Thurston:
Spoiler
How do you get hm out of the shower? I've turned on the dishwasher, but he only says running out of hot water. Is there anything else I need to have done?
[close]
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Scummbuddy

alright, alright, move the "IM STUCK" questions to the hints and tip forum.

Bug reports stay here, and your love for the game as well.

I finally downloaded the game. Holy crap. What a game. I love how everything has a comment. not I can't do that. I love what you chose to say about all the things, like the plunger "always on duty" and the cleaning pads, "I can really get down and fight with these" (okay, not verbatim) but still, wow, and the extra things your grandpa says when you almost go downstairs. The only thing I can say that bothered me, was the way you added to the characters talking views, by taking half their face and moving it, sometimes. But I got used to it, and really, just wow....
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Nostradamus

more help:
Spoiler
Well I got the cleansing pads and sheets (also have the dice, comforter and Dexcalibur) but still can't advance in the game. I still can't do anything to get Knuckles out of the cage. What do I do next?
[close]

nickeedoo

Spoiler
You can't go downstairs, so the only way out is through a window. You'll need to find a window you can open, but the obvious choice is stuck shut because it's so DIRTY. You'll need something to climb out the window with too.
[close]

I'm stuck. It's midnight now and I've obviously not thought of what to do.
Spoiler
Grandma won't let me in the kitchen, I've opened the vent but I can't stick anything in the vent. I've got some batteries. Oh, I'm going to bed. Grrrr
[close]

Scummbuddy

I would like to see a page of yours with all of your completed backgrounds, maybe some tutorials on how to make several of them, and of course, whats next for you. Sounds like an eZine article waiting to happen.
also some characters design with tutorials.  ;D
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Kweepa

All I need to hear is that you're working on a new game!
I don't think tutorials are going to help us much - it seems to me your artwork is the result of skill, not technique. I hate you ;D

nickeedoo,
Trip over to the thread in Hints and Tips for help in your situation.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Ashen

Got another bit of a bug....
If I leave the 25 hour gym in the middle of the training session, the floating upper body of the fitness professional follows me around, even on the map screen. He's clickable as well.
NOTE: this only happens the first time, but not if I go back and leave again.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

jb2815

This game is great! I've just finished it, some of those puzzles were quite challenging too. Maybe for the final release you could add a credit sequence instead of it just quitting straight away. Good work.

LucasFan

This is the best thing I have played since Maniac Mansion 2!

skulls

I love the graphic style !  :D
Un francais parmis la comunauté AGS

Remco

argh, i'm stuck again and i am getting desperate. damn game.
Spoiler
I have that cutting bord, that cooler and that bottle with ketchup. I don't know what to do know, it seems like i have to get some distraction in that dojo but i don't know how. Please someone help me  :-\
[close]
There is only 1 entertainer, the Q entertainer!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk