No-Action Jackson

Started by cerebrit, Fri 07/05/2004 05:24:35

Previous topic - Next topic

nickeedoo

This isn't really a bug, more of an oversight probably:

Spoiler
After Thurston has given you the hearing aid, if you talk to him again you can still ask him why he doesn't just give you the hearing aid.
[close]

Right, I'm off to play it again, I think I've just worked something out! I love this game.

nickeedoo

Hurrah! Just finished it! Congrats Cerebrit on what I consider to be the best game made with AGS ever. Simply astonishing.

simian

Need a bit more help:
Spoiler
I've burst the ball in the gym but I don't know what to do next. I'm guessing you have to do something with the bench press?
[close]

DanClarke

I havent played a lot of this but it's the most solid, best looking AGS game i've played so far. Fantastic :)

nickeedoo

Simian:

Spoiler
You're right. The fitness instructor seems to find the bench press incredibly easy. Perhaps you could make it SEEM a little heavier without using weights.
[close]

simian

Thanks but I'm still stuck:
Spoiler
Do I need to use the glue gun on the bench press? I don't know how to get into the constuction bit to get it. Also, how do I make a distraction in the dojo?
[close]

Remco

Quote from: Remco Bogaard on Sun 09/05/2004 11:01:38
argh, i'm stuck again and i am getting desperate. damn game.
Spoiler
I have that cutting bord, that cooler and that bottle with ketchup. I don't know what to do know, it seems like i have to get some distraction in that dojo but i don't know how. Please someone help me  :-\
[close]
please someone, help me with this.
There is only 1 entertainer, the Q entertainer!

Minimi

First of all very good game! It is one of the best games I've ever played, so far.

The Game crashed! Help me! When I talked to grandma and said goodbye, the game crashed with this error :

(Global Script line 2249)
Error : AnimateCharacter : Invalid loop number specified

I hope you can fix this, because i'd love to finish this game!

nickeedoo

Simian:

Spoiler
Good thinking. The construction worker isn't always looking at what he's doing, he could have an accident and he wouldn't even notice. Why not make him believe he's had an accident?
[close]

nickeedoo

Remco:

Spoiler
You've gotten Thurston out the shower right? Perhaps he's left something in the shower that could get you in on the lesson?
[close]

Remco

yes, i have that white coat, but then he says that i am to late, and i need to get distraction or something. And about the glue pistol, i have that worker away, but when i want to take that pistol, that walkie talkie is shouting. this game is making me crazy.

Ashen

Whoo hoo! Finished! At least, I think I did. Was there a Game Over screen or something?
Great game, not too easy, not too hard (mostly), looks great. Did I mention I liked it?

Remco:
Spoiler
You need to get the walkie talkie out of the way. Or at least, off the wheelbarrow....
[close]
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Remco

could you be a little more clear? i don't get a thing of this :S.

Ashen

At the construction site:
Spoiler
Pick up the walkie talkie (you may have to try this twice before it let's you, don't quite remember). Then pick up the Glue Gun.
[close]
Then, at the dojo:
Spoiler
Use the walkie talkie on the open air vent. When the instructor comes out, sneak in and put on the robe.
[close]

Remco

finally, i solved it. Great game, only a bit to difficult (for me).

Do0kie

Hold it, hold it. :)
Spoiler
I can't find a buck to buy a haute dog in order to get the ketchup.
[close]

I like the game a lot, but although I'd say I have quite some experience with adventure games I find it to be not exactly one of the easiest I've played. The main problem would be that the dialogs have almost no role in this game and give only very little info.

Ashen

Do0kie:
Spoiler
You get the dollar from the Grandad, after you've found hi cane, his hearing aid, and the missing brownie ingredient for Grandma.
[close]

The one problem I saw, if I'm being critical, is
Spoiler
The coffee drink/brownie ingredient is a little obscure. I might've missed something, but it was only a guess that that's what you needed. Maybe if the pedestrian had said something about getting the last ones in the shop, and just beating some old lady to them, it'd made a little more sense.
[close]

Do0kie

Finished it! One of the best AGS games so far. I'll add it to my favourites next to 5 Days a Stranger. ;D

simian

Still need more help:
Spoiler
I take it I need to use the ketchup on the builder? And I need to buy a hotdog to get it? How do I get grandma to finish making her cookies? Do I need to get Rufus to go into the kitchen? How can I keep the door open?
[close]

EDIT: Its alright I've finished it now. Great game.

InCreator

Completed it too!
Hm. How it happens for you to use only bright colors? Have you studied art/color composition somewhere or what? I looks so good.
Really, Tutorial would be nice. And a sequel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk