C&C This background and help me color the ceiling

Started by .., Sat 08/05/2004 13:24:28

Previous topic - Next topic

i need some C&C on this background, also I am stuck for a color to color the celing, I could just have it black but It makes the whole place gloomy and its supposed to be a fairly peacefull place. Help Me!!!

Also any other problems with perspective shading etc tell me  :P

Phemar

I'd say go for something wooden, or something like that. I'd also have a nice hanging light there...

Ginny

*drools*
:o

This is avery smooth, awesome background! I don't think I have any critics, except maybe add more objects to it, it's a little bit empty. The largest vase on the foreground is shaped oddly, or so it seems. The lines for the outline of the bottom are in the background.
Did you use vectors? It's really smooth and beatiful. I love the shading style.
The window(?) looks too blue for me, I think it should be less saturated, more transparent, showing the outside possible. Or maybe it's a fish tank with no fish ;).
The shape of the shelf is a bit strange, like it's off perspective or something. Also, the gradients on the vases would look better in normal shading like the rest of the image I think, or maybe if you just add your shading to the gradiented vases, like the one in the background.
I like the shapes of the room and the objects, reminds me of Dott only all stylized and smooth :).

About the celing: Well, maybe you can show us what it looks like black? I think I like the way it is now, too. Otehrwise, you could use a darker color of the walls color and add some shadows. Maybe a lamp hanging too, if you want.
Another glitch, i think - the shade for the leftmost wall (my left) is partially above the wall aswell, where the ceiling would already be.
Also, there are some white pixels here and there, such as at the bottom of the same wall, right side of the vase, adn in the top-left corner of the window, I think.

I really love everything else about this pic, especcially the whole cartoony look, and the different color boards at the bottom of the walls. :)

Keep it up, and write a tutorial if you can! :D

Modification: Hmm, reading Zor's post I now feel a woode something, like wooden planks, would be totally awesome. ;D
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Erwin_Br

Wow, that's a great improvement over your last image. You're doing great!

There were some minor perspective issues, which I tried to point out in my edit below. I chose a dark colour for the ceiling, because it shouldn't be too interesting. You don't want too much detail in there, because it could distract the viewer from the more important things, which should be in or near the center of your images.

Fixed: Shelve's perspective and skirting board.

--Erwin

Ashen

Not much to add, really, except:

If you're going to use wood, use it for the floor, and use the floor colours on the ceiling. Otherwise, I think the second darkest wall colour, with shadows, would look prety good.
The shelf needs an edge on the right, and to thin out a bit more to the left, 'cause, yeah, it looks sort of out of perspective as it is. EDIT: Damn, Erwin posted as I was typing. That's pretty much what I meant.
And, I kinda thought that was a mirror, not a window. ;D

Anyway, minor niggles on a really nice (as usual) BG.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

DanClarke

you need to add somesort of light fitting, as your light-source is too defined for natural light.

Quote from: Ginny on Sat 08/05/2004 13:43:51
*drools*
:o

This is avery smooth, awesome background!
I have a fan! *Falls over backwards*

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Quotemaybe you can show us what it looks like black
Click Moi!

I made some edits from the first two posts. Basically I just de saturated the window and added highlight to the vase.

I'm now working on Ashen and Erwins Usefull (As per usual) Advice.

QuoteAnyway, minor niggles on a really nice (as usual) BG.
As Usual? Have you seen my other backgrounds?! ;)

Not sure about a wooden roof... ?! I Want to keep the floor like that though as it might be used (Haven't quite decided) in a puzzle, and if it was wooden the puzzle wouldnt make sense. 

As for the light, My concept sketch did have a rather nice little light in the top right corner (as you can see from the shadows) but I couldn't draw it on computer :( I will have another go though.

QuoteDid you use vectors?
Yep. Find Bitmaps(Or Rasters) to iffy.

QuoteKeep it up, and write a tutorial if you can!
I would but I used Macromedia Fireworks which I don't think a lot off ppl have or are familiar with, But Hey! I could be wrong. If yo uwant a good tutorial for a similar style check out the one at the Bad Timing Forums (Follow Erwins Avatar)

Thanks for all the great feedback, I'm working on a new edit soon!

There Edited the shelf (The Pot on it will be an object now, btw. I fixed the perspective with the Skirting board.

I really have tried to make a nice hanging light but it really did look terrible, anybody who would be willing to try to draw one , please do!

Anything else wrong with it now?

Pet Terry

Remove rest of the outlines, I bet it will look better then. Also, most of the objects look really flat. They could probably need more shading.

Other than that, looks pretty good.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

I've removed the outline on the door, Won't post it here cos u can prob guess what it looks like.

Can anybopdy else spot anything wrong with it or willing to help make a light thing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk