Which one should I choose?

Started by .., Sat 15/05/2004 13:03:19

Previous topic - Next topic

MrColossal

Yes, The Dig gave me AIDS...

Full Throttle cured it however...

I'd go for the double pack, Grim Fandango isn't all it's cracked up to be [oh snap!]
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Gregjazz

Yes, I suggest going for the funny game first: the double pack one.

As for The Dig, I personally enjoyed it -- though annoyed at the cel-painted animations that really didn't do the game justice.

LGM

Grim Fandango is highly overrated. I never even finished it. Twas rather boring. (DOUBLE SNAP!!)

Go for teh bundle
You. Me. Denny's.

shbaz

Quote from: LilGryphMaster on Sun 16/05/2004 05:20:29
Grim Fandango is highly overrated. I never even finished it. Twas rather boring. (DOUBLE SNAP!!)

Go for teh bundle

Oh crap.. I just joined a game project making a Grim Fandango clone.

What should I do?
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

ElectricMonk

Oh crap.. I just joined a game project making a Grim Fandango clone.

What should I do?

Snap.

So its settled I be getting the double pack..

QuoteP.s. Where do you live Scuthbert? Which country is so incredible to have these games for sale?
The good old U [dot] of K... (That UK To you stupid ppl)

modgeulator

What do you want to buy those stupid old adventure games for anyway, huh? $10? Surely you could find some sort of action game for that much? Or maybe a nice sports game?

Actually its £10 ;)
I buy adventure games cos they are better than other games in my opinion, they last longer and use logic. In fact all the decent Action and Sports games are £25 - £40

Apocathary Fairy

I think you would prefer the double pack to the other two - although I think that GRIM and DIG are just about my favourite games ever (appart from Full Throttle, oh and MI 1&2) :-X

strazer

In case you were planning to order there anyway, The Dig is available at Amazon.co.uk for £7.97.

(Full Throttle too, btw.)

Order >= £25 to qualify for free delivery within the UK.

I can;'t order anything offline.. Haven't got a credit card or nethink and my Parents won't :(

Chicky

hey! whats with all this grim bashing!

so you didnt finish the game, thats probally why you dont like it. The game has a great friendship feel and is very well directed, plus the story is amazing.

it has crappy graphics tho

Jockstrap

Doesn't the double pack also come with a Grim Fandango demo?
You whet my pants...

HillBilly

Just a demo movie. Atleast mine did.

modgeulator

Quote from: Scuthbert on Sun 16/05/2004 07:17:27
I buy adventure games cos they are better than other games in my opinion, they last longer and use logic.

Hey, calm down, it's called sarcasm. BTW, if you want to play S 'n' M (oooh... that sounds so kinky) and DOTT on a modern computer you'll need to download ScummVM.

As for Grim Fandango - it probably would be LucasArts finest moment, except for the dodgy "3D" movement controls which I've never been able to master (even though I've finished it and CMI a couple of times each.)

HillBilly

If you play with XP and want sound, this is a good link:

http://www.mcwalter.org/tentacle/index.html

Hinders

Go for teh double pack, DOTT is the best adventure game ever(after lsl1)
and S&M is playable.
i dont  think gf is a 'real' adventure game at all._.
----

HillBilly

GF is the only cool 3D adventure game out there. I loved that game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk