Atlantis Museum Interior for C&C

Started by .., Tue 18/05/2004 19:24:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Here is the interior of a Museum for my Secrets of Atlantis Game. COMPLETE WITH OLD MAN IN A CHAIR!!

Whats wrong with it? Theres bound to be a lot ;) ...

HillBilly

I'll tell you what's wrong... I can't see it.

Geez that was a quick reply.. I hadnt even had time to click back on the page and check it was all right ;) Its fixed now..

Damien

I really like it, your style has improved a lot!

There are some small 'bugs' on it:
1.Look at the light sources, and then think about shadows, where would they fall, for example the shadow of the square glass thingy should be pointed to the right side because the light source that creates it is at the left side of it
2.the right side of the screen looks really empty, so fill it with details, it's supposed to be a museum so add some exhibits

And what's that thing in the middle of the screen? A man sitting on a chair?

Chicky

Its a wide door ;) There is a reason for that in the game *Won't reveal it here*
Yep.. old man in a chair :)

Light Sources... Check.. Will Update that soon :P
As for the emptyness.. any ideas how i could add them (and how i could draw them) I wouldsn't be sure on the perspective or angle to add stuff :P ..

And i suppose ure right about the style thing.. I jsut looked a at the background i made a month ago... EEK!

Damien

QuoteAs for the emptyness.. any ideas how i could add them (and how i could draw them) I wouldn't be sure on the perspective or angle to add stuff
Umm..Ã,  the same way you drew the barrel and other stuff.

QuoteCOMPLETE WITH OLD MAN IN A CHAIR!!
Fix the old man, he looks like his hands are growing from his hips. Maybe it would be better to create him later as a sprite for the background. It would be easier to make his talking animation if he's wasn't a part of the background.

LGM

What's wrong is that you haven't emailed me yet.
You. Me. Denny's.

stuh505

aside from the shadows not making any sense, i have 2 more concerns

1 - id like to see the man's face in the chair, if the desk were facing a different direction...

2 - i cant tell what a lot of the objects are.  is that a wine barrel?  why would there be a wine barrel.    and whats that yellow thing on the ceiling?  and whats that bullet-shaped brown thing with the green jagged line coming out of it on the left? and whats in the glass box on the wal....poo?

i like your style, though

InCreator

I'm not very comfortable with so wacky style, but even if perspective errors go with style, some things are still too weird, like chair where it meets floor.
And this barrel-y thing has perspective TOO messed up. It has height up to half of a wall so there's absolutely no chance to see it's top.
You should redraw (from scratch!) the man's arms, who's sitting at the desk.
What I DO like about this bg is really nice colors and the fact that everything is so... um... clear and simple? This emptyness isn't really bad.
Ah, and get rid of this thin antialiased line below the wall next to door.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk