Is there a complete list of script commands available?

Started by sentient, Thu 20/05/2004 19:30:08

Previous topic - Next topic

sentient

I am playing with scripts in a basic way. I am trying to get a dialogue to recognise I have an item and only continue if I have it. Looking through the manual I am constantly struggling to find commands I need. Is there a list somewhere in alphabetical order and basic usage requirements?
Even using the help option and going on search isn't much good becuse it lists topics as well as commands. I don't want to post here everytime I want a new command so is there a way? I'm probably missing an obvious thing, but if I am I can't see it. The manual I have printed off just seems to list commands willy nilly and I have to keep leafing around in the hope of spotting a useful command.

Theres and AGS quick reference sheet somewheres.

As for dialogs theres a lst of all the commands you can use in dialogs.

sentient

Thanks. I have printed the pages off and will be able to use these now. More commands than I thought!

erik.teodoru

I know this is a more-than-old topic, but is there an updated list of commands available?
Thank you!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: erik.teodoru on Sat 25/04/2015 11:01:55
I know this is a more-than-old topic, but is there an updated list of commands available?
Thank you!

1. There is a manual coming with AGS. You may launch one from main menu (Help->Contents), or from Windows explorer: the file is called "ags-help.chm" and located in AGS installation folder.
2. There is this online manual: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/manual/
3. There is an open Wiki, which is a little bit outdated: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/wiki/Contents_(manual)

Be aware, that functionality changes over time, therefore you should use manual related to the version of AGS you are using.

erik.teodoru

Thank you for the quick replay! :)
I know all these,. I also downloaded some pdf tutorials / manuals from the net.
But what I would like to have is a "catalogue" of commands, just the commands (sintax, parameters, etc).
If i remember well, a couple of years ago there was such a "catalogue" available, but of course, for the version valod in that moment.

The link:
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=12142.0
leads to nowhere...

erik.teodoru

:smiley: No, not at all! It is exact what I wish, with ONE exception: it is online.
I just wished for a single document, that I could also print/read (for offline use). I am sometimes picky! (laugh)
But I hope I will have always when i need, an internet connection.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: erik.teodoru on Sat 25/04/2015 18:47:31
:smiley: No, not at all! It is exact what I wish, with ONE exception: it is online.
I just wished for a single document, that I could also print/read (for offline use). I am sometimes picky! (laugh)
But I hope I will have always when i need, an internet connection.

Alright... I will quote my own post I made earlier today this time.
1. There is a manual coming with AGS. You may launch one from main menu (Help->Contents), or from Windows explorer: the file is called "ags-help.chm" and located in AGS installation folder.
It also has Print button.

erik.teodoru

Dear Crimson Wizard,

I knew that there is usually a print button and I usually also use a pdf printer to create offline files. But I did not wanted to print EACH chapter.
Nevertheless, because your sustain my request so patiently, I decide to give a one more shot and... SURPRISE! There is not only the PRINT option, but also the PRINT ALL SUBTOPICS! :P
So... I just did it and now I have it pdf offline. If somebody need it, I can attach it. (nod) But is easy to DIY. (laugh)

Thank you again for your support and patience.
(roll)

Slasher

You could make your own.

Learn commands etc (from manual, online wiki or here on forums) and learn how to use them and then copy the scripts to a text file (one file for each new script and save as such). Make a folder 'Scripts' to place text files in. Eventually you will have a catalog of useful commands etc at hand to use at any time and over time you will begin to know how to tweak them.

eg:

All Walk commands
All Say commands
Changing mouse cursors
Hover over buttons to see text
Conditions that run events
Combining Conditions that run events
Using Variables
Making Functions

this list is endless

It helps me ;)

Ghost

The manual also is not "online", as in, you don't need to be connected to the internet in order to launch and read it. It's a chm help file.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk