Maniac mansion remake released!

Started by Vel, Sat 22/05/2004 09:58:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Kweepa

Quote from: LucasFan on Tue 25/05/2004 14:43:15
Well, it's a show about PC and console games. What did you expect?Ã,  ;)
I expected it to have a name I suppose...

Heh, they only mentioned that the engine of MMD isn't compatible with ScummVM. lol
Boo!

QuoteDo you have a mpeg?
No, only an asf.Ã,  ;)
Errr, can we see it?

Cheers,
Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

LucasFan

QuoteI expected it to have a name I suppose...
It's called Giga Games.

QuoteErrr, can we see it?
The file is more than 500MB big (the whole show lasted 2 hours). I'm afraid I don't know much about cutting and converting movie-files.

viktor

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Sun 23/05/2004 16:52:27
Quote from: Eggie on Sun 23/05/2004 12:58:27
Are the walking deads still there?

I played for about 20 minutes until all my characters were locked in the dungeon.
I think that counts as a walking dead - but maybe I'm just stupid. I never seriously played the original.

There are very few default actions, which is a shame.
And Razor was joking about Bernhard's aftershave - to Bernhard.
Seems a bit unfinished.
yeah but one of the characters can escape if there are at least two in the dungeon...
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Kweepa

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Sun 23/05/2004 16:52:27
And Razor was joking about Bern[h]ard's aftershave - to Bern[h]ard.
Seems a bit unfinished.

Actually Bernard jokes about Bernard's aftershave!

Quote from: viktor on Tue 25/05/2004 15:49:34
yeah but one of the characters can escape if there are at least two in the dungeon...

I saw that - thanks!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

CoffeeBob

Hmm, Not a very bad remake. Not bad at all!
I liked the original alot too.
I don't have the time to write a review right now, but I will as soon as I can.

foz

This was one of the first adventure i ever played ....great game.

Shame they did`nt do the remake in Day of the tentacle style....

Still excellent none the less..

foz

Mats Berglinn

Kediri

I'm having problems downloading this  ??? It seems I can only get it as a HTML doc. Even if I right click it! Any suggestions?  :(

Kediri

It's ok - I worked it out! Always seems to work out after I post a query  :-\

deltamatrix

Any updates released lately?

Found a bug. When I was being chased out the kitchen by edna and I left out the door. The game crashed saying 'Too many screen overlays'
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

CoffeeBob

Bug report:
While my brother was playing it, this really odd glitch happened.
POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING!
He went into weird Ed's room with Bernard and gave him the package, then he went in there with Dave as well, then, the mouse pointer dissapeared and he was playing as Ed! :o He could move him around like he was a character! :D

Do0kie

Couple of bugs:

1. I was playing with Bernard & Razor, sent the demo tape, the cutscene is shown of the guy recieving the demo, then I check the mailbox - nothing. I play a few more minutes, the cutscene is shown AGAIN, then finally the contract appears.

2. Happened a couple of times - while trying to climb the stairs to the third level (to the room where GT first shows up), sometimes the character is being thrown back in the middle of the room, then continues to walk to the stairs and eventually climb them.

All in all, a GREAT game!

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Do0kie on Sun 30/05/2004 20:52:37
2. Happened a couple of times - while trying to climb the stairs to the third level (to the room where GT first shows up), sometimes the character is being thrown back in the middle of the room, then continues to walk to the stairs and eventually climb them.

That happened to me too as well.

viktor

how do you download the freakin game. Whenewer I click on the download buton it just sends me back to the previous screen
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Azure

http://www.gamershell.com

has a copy up for download as revealed by a google search.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Migs

LucasFan,

This is the best remake I've ever seen, and I mean that.  You did a fantastically wonderful job.  Keep up the great work!
This signature intentionally left blank.

Scummbuddy

i didnt want to register there at the forums for just one post.
But, I got this funny image when playing. it was probably caused because of a timing issue. bernard was just coming out of the pool, and was actually walking around, and then purple tentacle was doing his check of the reactor room, and the when it returned control to me, I got:

I know it looks like a bad photoshop job, but i have a savegame to prove it...

Just for a laugh:

EDIT* I just wanna say I'm having a blast replaying the game, but is there a way to see the high scores of the meteor mess game, either again, or slower, because itwent too fast for me.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Redwall

Scummbuddy:

Spoiler
Get the key from Nurse Edna's room and use it on the Meteor Madness coin box.
[close]
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Do0kie

Another bug... Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to complain about the bugs, I LOVE this game, and I'm just telling you about them so IF you plan to fix them sometime, you know where to look. ;D

Playing with Michael and Wendy. Gave package to Ed, then sent the manuscript (dunno if this is related to the bug) - this time the contract showed up immediately ;) then went to Ed's room to give him the pictures and he turned hostile. I gave him the pictures, he thanked me, then threw me into the dungeon. However, after I entered the secret lab, he showed up and saved me... yaaay! ???

Darth Mandarb

I got a little irritated downloading (I'm over it!) but I wanted to post in here again to applaud this game!

Simply awesome!

I didn't get very far for 2 reasons:
1) I'm not very good at Adventure Games and
2) I never played the original (gasp!)

But it's the best AGS game I've played to date!

Bang up job!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk