The Trap - A Darcy Muldoon Adventure

Started by whitecrow, Mon 24/05/2004 01:00:42

Previous topic - Next topic

whitecrow

Hi all.

I've completed my first AGS game. It's all been done in Paint, as that is all I have..however, I hope you all enjoy it and such, it took a steep learning curve and about a week or two of just working on it. But I love it to death, hopefully, other than the crap graphics, you'll see potential? I have a screenshot...but I don't know how to post it!

http://thetonepoem.tripod.com/DARCY.zip

Migs

This signature intentionally left blank.

Happyhelmet

Actual Screen Shot:

I really enjoyed your game whitecrow! I can't wait to see some games that you put a significant amount of time in. I found 1 bug though, :(
Spoiler

if you pick up the dry wool and wet it, you can pick up another dry wool. You should have a variable that is set when the person picks up the wool so they can't pick up another one.

This is the same thing with the soap. You can do exactly this: pick up the soap, wet it. pick up another soap. combine the wet soap with the brush. wet the dry soap and pick up another bar of soap! wow, exhausting. variables are your best friends sometimes!
[close]
can't wait to see your next game:
Darcy Muldoon and the Attack of the Talking Drane That Checks To See If Whitecrow Is Able To Successfully Manipulate Dialogs. (Or something like that :) )
*<@: ) ("Clown Hat, Curly Hair, Smiley-Face" - Cartman, South Park)

whitecrow

Whoops! I'll squish that bug tonight. Damn...thought I got them all. Guess you can't test everything.

HEY! I was wondering if anyone would talk to the drain.... Who talks to drains?

I want to get a better graphics program for my next game...

Johnny Odd

Errmm.. i got
"This file is hosted by Tripod, a Lycos®Network Site, and is not available for download."
How did you download Happyhelmet?
Eagles may fly high, but badgers don't get sucked into jet engines.

Happyhelmet

sadly with tripod you have to right click on that link and then copy and paste the url to a different IExplorer window. it sucks.
*<@: ) ("Clown Hat, Curly Hair, Smiley-Face" - Cartman, South Park)

Johnny Odd

I got it noe - cheers helmet.
Whitecrow - if you enter the first room it will always show the intro message - you need to change it so that the action only happens - "First time player enters screen"
P.S ----> I love the drain dialog
Eagles may fly high, but badgers don't get sucked into jet engines.

whitecrow

Yeh...I found that bug last night, too....

I still got a LOT to learn....

Well... I will squish that one, too.

I'm writing the plot for my next game now, I'll start animation and art soon-ish...

Expect a little better...

Jonnyquest

That's a really cool little game...my only real problem was that i had no clue that the big rectangles on the sink were cabinets...I kind of came across them by accident...other than taht keep up the good work!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk