May MAGS : Ralph the Raven

Started by Minimi, Tue 25/05/2004 22:03:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimi

for those that already downloaded, there were some bugs, but I have removed most of them!
It is finished! My 3rd game! This is for the MAGS of this month!

Story : You are Ralph the Raven, and you broke your wing. Now you need Augustus the Owl to fix it, but in order to get him do that, you need to steal an egg! Will you get your wing fixed?

Game Facts :
- 320x240 resolution
- 3 backgrounds (5 rooms)
- detailed backgrounds made with Graphics Gale and The Gimp
- 2 characters
- 8 inventory items
- several puzzles
- funny dialogs and messages
- own original GUI system, including inventory, credits screen, icons
- funky backgroundmusic

Screenshot :

Download link (3,6MB) :
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!
and if you want to go to the game's thread of AGS : http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=404

... and last but not least! Don't forget to vote for me! hehe :) Please tell me what you think of the game, and if there are any bugs tell me in private message please.

ENJOY!!

foz

kaaZ

What a sweet little fable this is....
Pantomime players are the root of all evil.

Minimi

Thanks kaaZ! I know, it turned out as a fable again, with a childish mood to it, but I guess "That's me!".

I hope to get some more reactions of what people think of the game, and hear their opinion.

I'm also going to release the GUI system for a download, so you can use it in your own game if you want!

Hannibal

- It's some rope.
(get it)
- I have no need for a rope.
Later on:
- I might have some use on this cape, if I cut it into a rope.
* Throw rope *

Nostradamus

Very nice game! That music rules all... reminds me of those 80's-early 90's PC\NES\Sega Master System games.. awesome...

Hannibal is right though, there should be no rope in Augustus' house, what's the point of making a rope if there already is one?  Or at least have Augustus say this rope is special and he can't give it up or something like that.

Minimi

Thanks Nostradamus!
I guess it IS alittle illogic, and wrong. I just had a hurry on the puzzles, and scripting, because graphics take alot of time, because I want them to be the best I can make em :p
I'll add this on my list "things to do", and upload soon a better version :P

I'm glad you liked it, and I look forward in releasing a new game :)

Primus

Hi, ppl!

I played the game, and liked it, too. The puzzles could be more challenging and in more quantity, but I MUST understand the worry for a MAGS competition.

About that rope... Why not tell eg it is an old rotten one, or a string? Or without being a rope? I have no need for a... anything else? That would spare alotta trouble.
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. (Sir James Dewar)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk