Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator

Started by Grundislav, Thu 27/05/2004 23:57:04

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshinegold

Good game but too short.  Really enjoyed it. :)

Sam.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I just saw the "paranormal investiagtor"/"hollistic detective" Link might just be little old confused me...
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Nostradamus

Very nice game.. The suspence of finding out what has really been killing the people is its greatness

I need help:
Spoiler
I got the fur but how do I get the fossil from the case so I could make the amulet and give it to Ranger Rick?  I probably need to distract the info lady but I don't know how 
[close]

Ashen

Nostradamus:
Spoiler
Have you got the brochure-thing, with the staff pictures in? (I think it was in the rangers hut if you haven't) Take one of the pictures of the environmentalist (I can't remember her name) from the wall and feed it and the brochure into the computer. Show the picture you get from it to the enviromentalist bloke, and he'll take care of the info lady.
[close]

Hope that makes sense.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

MillsJROSS

Enjoyable game, especially the music...and I'd write more, but apparently everytime I do, someone edits it, or deletes it. (Probably deleted it, because someone edited it, for humorous appeal).

-MillsJROSS

afinch

Really coolgame! I look forward to more episodes!!!

Jeff R Johnson

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this game. We have enjoyed it very much here at Skunk Ape Research Headquarters. You data was right on target.

Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Jeff R Johnson
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Skunk Ape Research Headquarters
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Ochopee Florida

mätzyboy

Sweet game! Downloading part two inÃ, a flash!

rodekill

The campfire is a nice touch.

Also, I am retarded and can't get past the part with the remote.

I am lame.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Athirwen

I had a bit of trouble with that also

Spoiler
Use the remote on the TV, you'll find that it's the control system for the skunkape. Then put the compass on top of the TV
[close]

Hope that helped! :)

Arasan Nayamu

I just spent about an hour on this game. It was very short but I was expecting that, being that it was from the "short games" archives. Duh. Regardless, I would have liked to experience more of it. It was very cute. ^.^

The backgrounds were okay; some were noob-ish (crayon looking trees and a campfire from another game?), but some were slightly professional looking. I noticed sometimes the styles would clash and that is one thing that really bugs me. I prefer a game with the same art style all the way through.
5/10 Backgrounds

Character design was really great. The animations were very nice! I could have opted out on the bloody gore animations, but it was "cartoony" enough to not be a horror flick for me.
6/10 Character Design

Plot was simple, but enjoyable and the small twists were a nice touch. The few characters involved were surprisingly in depth for such a short game. I was immensely fulfilled when it came to plot and character development, as adventure games are nothing without a great plot and working characters.
8/10 Plot and Character Development

Puzzles were mostly linear. One hint gave away one answer sort of thing. I was stuck for a few minutes on two of them, but they both ended up being logical and interesting. The stick puzzle was the hardest, as I had no clue what to do next but now that I've done it, it makes perfect sense.
8/10 Puzzles

I have a few minor critiques. The first one is that I like there to be acknowledgements between actions. If I can't perform an action, I want a little narration saying "You can't do that." or something to that extent. It helps us know if we're trying to use something in the wrong spot.

Second one is that there is no cursor marker. Where is the hotspot on each cursor object? Is it a corner? Is it the middle? If it's in a corner, which corner? If it's the middle it's very hard to judge if I'm in the correct spot to click.

The third is a bug. Ben does a puzzle animation twice in the cave even after having finished it. Email me for more info because I think hiding spoilers just makes people want to highlight them anyway.
arasannayamu@hotmail.com

Overall, this game was enjoyable while it lasted. I have yet to play the other three in this series (they're a bit longer apparently?), but will be doing so immediately tommorow morning.
7/10 Overall Enjoyment

Ciao!
~~ How does one get to Durasia you ask? By not asking how, child. ~~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk