Dialogue error

Started by SebastianEl, Yesterday at 13:37:53

Previous topic - Next topic

SebastianEl

I thought I'll make a new topic, to be less confusing.

So I've followed tutorial, made event: talk to character, and made examlpe dialogue:

Code: ags

[member=0][/member]S  // Dialog startup entry point
return
[member=0][/member]1
cEgo: What's up?
return
[member=0][/member]2
JC: IDK
return

+ @1 is option text "Hi"
  @2 is option text "Hello"

I think I've done everythig as in the tutorial:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BVSvB-w2CU&list=PL21DB402CB4DAEAEF&index=32&ab_channel=densming)

however I'm recieving only a message "Got nothing to say" when clicking JC character

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: SebastianEl on Yesterday at 13:37:53however I'm recieving only a message "Got nothing to say" when clicking JC character

"Got nothing to say" likely comes from "unhandled_event" function; it's in default templates. This means that there's no proper function connected to that JC character interaction event.

Which template do you use? The choice of event to use also depends on template.
- In Sierra template you should use TalkTo event
- In BASS template you should use Interact event for everything (and LookAt event for looking)
- In Verb-coin, probably also TalkTo event

RootBound

I'm pretty sure "got nothing to say" is a default line from the global sctipt unhandled_event function in the BASS Template. It's called when there's no script associated with talking to a character.

EDIT: Yes, listen to Crimson Wizard above. Make sure you call the dialog under the function where you click on the character you want to talk to.
They/them. Here are some of my games:

SebastianEl

They are different depending on template? wow!

SebastianEl

i've changed it to

Code: ags
function JB_Interact(Character *theCharacter, CursorMode mode)
{ 
dDialog1.Start();
}

but now nothing happens

Crimson Wizard

Is this function connected to the event, on that character's events table? To which event?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk