(2 more games) Battleship and Shells

Started by Vetrijar, Wed 02/06/2004 06:08:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetrijar

I have two more games uploaded now (yeah I have DSL today!)

Integer Battleship.
This game was made for the class I was teaching to help students
better understand integers and how to add and subtract them.
Not too complex, but for kids that are just learning it, this was hard
and fun.  got an A+ for this with my education advisor, even though
I think the game isn't that awesome for outside school. Anyways,
try it out.

Shells
This one was made for my girlfriend. (or she helped think of it, i made it)
It's kind of like mindsweep from windows to sum it up. This game uses
shells to determine what's around it. the point is to dig up all the shells
on a screen without digging up a starfish. VERY HARD when you get to
level 3 and 4 (because there is a limit of 20 objects per screen.. sigh)
Have fun with it!  I even play this some too.

Vetrijar

just read the other topic I did.  if this isn't a place to post non-ags games, is there one that's better suited?

here are the links. not sure how to show the pictures here.

for shells
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=412

for battleship
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=413

Kyle

I'm no regular, but I believe non-AGS games belong in Adventure Related Talk and Chat.

Gilbert

Actually your games are AGS games, not non-ags games, they're just non-adventure games, so your announcements fit perfectly here. :)

The problem was that you didn't post the links initially so we couldn't judge and you mentioned non-ags games.

Of course if the games are non-ags they don't fit here.

I'd tried out your previous games a bit and they looked quite good, so I'm going to download your new games too. ;)

Vetrijar

Thanks!

I would create some more advance games (and adventure ones) but I'm bad at drawing.  extreme with programming though

Cosmo

I've downloaded your games now but havn't have time to play them yet. But it is always fun to play non-adventure AGS games!

You shouldn't worry about bad drawing. If you are good at scripting and making a great story I think you could probably find someone that could help you with the drawings.

Cosmo

I'm probably stupid, but I can't figure out what shells is about?
I find some shells and then the seastar comes up and its game over
???
/Cosmo

Gilbert

Vetrijar

Shells is kidn of liek the windows minesweep.  You have to find all the shells on the sand without digging up a starfish. the different shells tell you what and how many things are around it

My girlfriend figured out a little strategy with it that got her up to level 6 (after a month).  The game is based on your computer randomize timer, so after a while you can kind of figure what the layout might be per level when you cpu clock cycles through.   She's the one that said it so don't ask me how that worked in.  :-)

Cosmo

Ah.. I get it now, like I said I'm just stupid. Perhaps a better helpfile for us dysfunctionals would be good? :P

/Cosmo

sergiocornaga

Downloading both now, thought both of your other games were really cool. And, hey, I'll be the first person with an avatar to reply to this thread.

Vetrijar

Thanks for the compliment! 

Don't forget to rate em if you get  a chance   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk