Finally the English version of THE DEVIL'S SHROUD

Started by Ketmaier, Sat 12/06/2004 23:31:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Ketmaier

Now Leo speaks english (more or less...).
Leonard Ketmaier, a medieval history professor, is asked by the S. MicheleÃ,  abbot to investigate about a mysterious suicide
committed by a monk of the abbey...
That's the first part of the game.

download the game

Lazy Z

Yay, I've been really waiting for this! Thank you again for translating the game. I'm downloading it now, it should take a while since I'm on dial-up. Ah well.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Primus

Hi, Ketmaier!

Thanks a lot for the English version! Wow, 19,2 MB! It seems it's a very good game! But today I won't be able to play it, just download it: alotta work to do. And my optical mouse seems being crazy since yesterday: I will not buy a "Microsoft" one again... sigh...
Hope I can play it soon, maybe tomorrow!

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. (Sir James Dewar)

lakerz

This game is pretty fun, and the graphics are very respectable.Ã,  I was having a fun time hunting down the mystery, but now I am stuck.Ã,  Can someone who has finished the game help me over on the hints forum?Ã,  ;D

One other thing, I can't get the save game screen to work.Ã,  I pick a slot and type in the name in the red rectangle area.Ã,  I tried hitting the save button to the right, as well as return and a bunch of other keys but no luck.Ã,  To make matters worse, hitting the play button on that screen restarts the game, including the long intro that can't be skipped.Ã,  :PÃ,  Any way to save games that I'm not seeing?

Barbarian

Lakerz, by default it looks like AGS has when you press the "f5" key that it will bring up the Save dialog.
That is unless the author of a game changed or removed that option.
I've not played "The Devil's Shroud" yet, but it sound like they might have tried making thier own "Save" function GUI which doesn't quite work the way it's suppsed to?  Anyways, try the "f5" key.
And also, usually "f7" brings up the "Restore" a game option, and "f9" usually restarts the game.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Happyhelmet

wow if this game is going to be in five parts, then the total game will be about 100MB!! incredible...can't wait to play it. keep up the good work!! :)
*<@: ) ("Clown Hat, Curly Hair, Smiley-Face" - Cartman, South Park)

Pet Terry

<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Ketmaier

Hi everybody and thanks for downloading The Devil's shroud
To load, save and quit the game press the Esc button (don't press F9).

NewestNewbie

Inkoddi

hmm... after i downloaded this game i got some kind of blue toolbar (browser hijack thingy) and a virus ...
:(

Barbarian

Quote from: Inkoddi on Tue 15/06/2004 13:45:30
hmm... after i downloaded this game i got some kind of blue toolbar (browser hijack thingy) and a virus ...
:(

Well that's aweful then.  If the program wasn't the cause, then it could have been a webpage you had opened that forced the toobar/virus on you?
Were you able to get rid of the spyware and virus?  Of course the first thing to do before running any newly downloaded file is to scan it for virus.  I hope you can get your computer clean of the spyware & virus.
  Here's a free online virus scan:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

And to get rid of Spyware, I suggest using Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoft.de/

You can get a good free anti-virus program over at:
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

Inkoddi

managed to get rid of it after running ad-aware twice, removing teh virus and restoring the system

mlergh!

Primus

Hi, everybody!

Inkoddi, avoid  the use of a freeware antivirus.

Barbarian, whenever I 've used a free antivirus my computer has become a virus paradise. I've also used eg mcafee late 80s and during 90s, Panda, Quick Heal, NAV, etc. Now I use Bitdefender pro 7.2, for me the best one. It has a firewall too, and daily updates.

About spyware, I also use spybot 1.4, but as it is freeware, their updates and upgrades are alotta longer than the adaware ones: almost everytime I check for updates (I hate automatic ones, I always prefer to know what's contacting my pc) I get a new update or upgrade.

Sigh... I couldn't play this game yet due to lack of time and too much work. Hope I can play it today yet.

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. (Sir James Dewar)

Barbarian

Oh well, everyone's entitled to thier opinion  ;)
I found AVG anti-virus works a lot better on my system than Nortons and Mcafee. Anyways, everyone needs to decides what works best for them I guess. I was just trying to offer some friendly advice.

Primus

Ok, Barbarian, I didn't want to upset you, please understand. Sorry if you thought it was a negative criticism: nah!!!, just a very frendly opinionÃ,  Ã, :D based on my own experience (the name I give to my mistakes...Ã,  ::) )

Is AVG Kasperski's one? I've read it's one of the best, too. But I couldn't ever made it work without... er... buying it ...Ã,  ;)

Primus

Hi, Ketmaier!

Started playing your gorgeous game!

I've noticed a very, very little incoherence:
Spoiler
The Professor needs his car keys. Ok. However his house seems a burglar's paradise: always open, no keys...
[close]

Congratulations, and thanks again for let us play it!

The interactivity can change during the game. This means, for example, that an object that can't be taken at one moment, can be taken at another one. [/spoiler]
What must be
Spoiler
performed to get that torch from Ketmaier's bedroom, please? Even after he has tried to walk on that dark area, and warned he can't go on, that torch can't be got. Or is it a red herring?!
[close]

aicram

I'm stuck in the same place,
Spoiler
went down to room and told too dark to enter, attempted to get torch without any luck
[close]

Ketmaier

First of all my compliments: It wasn't easy to locate the crypt so early (just 3 days!). Unfortunately I don't know what to say about the electric torch: it's not a red herring; you can get it since you use the pc to print the sanctuary's picture. It means that you can also get it when you've activated the device to open the crypt's door. I thought it was a bug but I've tried to take the torch in different moments and everything works correctly. Please let me know if you've been able to keep on with the game.
Bye.

Primus

Ketmaier:

The crypt?!Ã,  ??? The crypt!...Ã,  :o The crypt...Ã,  :-[
Spoiler

I am at 10.00 o'clock in the first day... In that room with two torches and one missing..., and oil on the floor... I've really tried to photograph everything, but without too much success... Sorry if I've induced you in error... So it's needed a pic of the Sanctuary... Thanks a lot for the hintÃ,  :D The problem is I don't know yet where that Sanctuary is ...  :-[
[close]

Ketmaier

Yes the sanctuary is the room with two torches and one missing but you don't have to take a picture from that room but from the sanctuary's illustration (that is inside the abbot's secret book). Good luck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk