small Medieval people

Started by Morgan, Sun 20/06/2004 22:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan

I drew this with ms paint when I was bored one day. I might do something with it some day in like an Rpg adventure type game. Im going to draw a lot more armor and clothes because I think one of the most fun aspect of a game is being able to customize as much stuff as possible and if I would make this into a game I want to include a lot of customizable stuff. Tell me what you think of it or what I should change or... well you know what to do.

enlarged to show detail

Darth Mandarb

Looks pretty good.  And I agree, customization is a great thing!

I would add some faces ... they're a little blank.

Morgan

Darth Mandarb: Ya! Customization rocks! Whoo!

I made a quick walk cycle what do you think? I know its kind of choppy but its really small so lay off.

Mr_Frisby

These look great - perfect for insta games ect.
The walk cycle isn't bad but could be 4 frames long - I would like to play a game that had this sort of style - looks fun.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Gilbert

The walking cycle is nice considering the res. IMO.

But there's one odd thing that can be fixed to make it nicer, that is, when a foot is on the ground, you can see that it's sort of tilted to the side (ie. you're seeing the side of the foot), but when it's lifted, it suddenly rotates back to face forward, making some uneasy transition.

My quick edit on it:
or

or

Nacho

Populous! Great for their size, no complains here!  ;)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Daz

i like these alot there is a great amout of detail for small sprite and each is individual despite not having a face :P

great work, walk cycle is cool too

-Daz
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/KnightStar05/po-ta-toes.gif << It's the potatoes, go on watch it you know you wanna

Chicky

nice sprites, almost rpg like ;) i think they look cool without faces.

and daz, answer your fecking pm

Morgan

I think they look good without faces and even if I wanted to give them faces they are to small to put faces on without having them look like aliens (the kind from space not another country). What do you think of this side view walk cycle?

Gord10

Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Ozwalled

For the side walkcycle, if I was doing it, I'd make it look more as if he was pushing off with is toe with the back leg, and have the foot less flat on the ground. And/or I'd edge the back leg back even further.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk