UPS can suck my metaphorial c*ck.

Started by Kinoko, Tue 22/06/2004 07:34:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinoko

God, how can some companies be SO FREAKING incompetant. Me and my boyfriendÃ,  ordered something from playasia.com awhile back, and it should've arrived last week. We checked the tracking system and it arrived in Sydney (usually a good sign that means it'll be here in one or two days) on Sunday. Thursday - still not here. We check the tracking again and finally, four days later, they tell us that it's waiting for a phone number to be given to the order. See, that's funny, the phone number should be all over the order in various places, we know for a fact that they have it. Well, whatever, call their Sydney branch up and give them the phone number anyway.

Because my boyfriend has to work, I agree to stay home on Monday to receive the order. I make sure I don't play any music that day, and keep a constant ear out for a door knock. I can hear the people who lives 3 doors away when someone knocks at their door. Hmm, keep checking the door, wandering around the door all day. Go to check the mail at 4pm. Got one of those 'Undelivered package notices' - "Came at 14:40pm" - nothing else checked but the notice comes with a phone number to the Sydney office. Where was I at 2:40pm? Why, downstairs, sitting a couple of metres away from the door.

We give their office a call (pretty pissed off at this stage), and they can't do anything until the delivery guy comes back but promise to send it tomorrow. We confirm the address once again and, of course, we have that promise.

We check the tracking system online once again and lo and behold, the package was scanned in as undelivered at 2:17pm. Hang on, that's 23 minutes before he supposedly dropped the undelivered message in my letter box? HMM! I can't help feel that someone just got tired of working at the end of the day and delivered notices instead of packages.

So, once again, I sit at home all day. I leave both doors open, and I sit a couple of metres away from the door ALL day. There's no undelivered notice in the mail so I keep waiting. Once 4pm rolls around I call my boyfriend and he calls them again. What was that, phone answery person at UPS Brisbane? The package is sitting right next to you on your desk? You've been trying to call to confirm the address? Oh, and I was on the internet for most of the morning. Of course, it's our fault then, because it's NOT like we CONFIRMED THE ADDRESS WITH YOU LAST NIGHT right before you promised us that after that, all we had to do was await the package delivery tomorrow.

Of course, they can't deliver it today. Can't dare put any of their workers out to deliver a package after they come back into the depot, so we're getting it tomorrow.

Is it just me or should this company be slaughtered in awful, awful ways? I don't think I'm overreacting. They've put us out for over a week (for NO good reason but incompetance) and I've had to stay at home all day for 2 days near the front door waiting for a package that may not even exist. I can see this turning into one of those eternal struggles where I spend my life waiting for a package that was actually lost at sea only days after being sent out.

Fuck UPS. Yes, and that's what they are too. Fuck ups.

LordHart

QuoteI can see this turning into one of those eternal struggles where I spend my life waiting for a package that was actually lost at sea only days after being sent out.

Well, look on the bright side... at least this way a dirty and unshaven Tom Hanks who is delierous and carrying a volleyball will deliver it in seven years.

QuoteMe and my boyfriend...

Boyfriend?! I thought you were a guy... :-X

00jon00

Your profile says that ur a girl...You're talking like your a girl, but the title of the post? Shemale maybe??? Yeah, UPS does suck

DGMacphee

I gather you don't know what "metaphorical" means, jon.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Grundislav

Ha, I've had frustrating experiences with UPs as well.  Good to know it's not just the US workers who are incompetent.

I ordered Donnie Darko on DVD and was waiting for it on the day it was predicted to arrive.  I grew increasingly frustrated as the day went on and at last it was around 8pm when I shouted "IF UPS DOESN'T DELIVER MY DVD TODAY I'M GONNA FIREBOMB THEIR OFFICES!" As soon as the words had left my lips, there was a knock at the door and lo and behold, it was UPS with my delivery.

Aside from that miracle, they've been pretty crappy.

Timosity

That's just typical of couriers as far as I know, quite often they couldn't be bothered to knock on someones door and just card them instead. They just assume that everyone is at work.

If you have the option of who delivers stuff, here's a little bit of advise, get it delivered by australia post with no signature required, then they will at least just leave it on your doorstep if you're not home. Unless you live in a dodgey area it should still be there.

also when sending something fragile, NEVER put a fragile sticker on it, they're the packages the sorters play football with when bored.

edit:
It always seems to be delayed when you're really looking forward to something

Alynn

Why would UPS suck your metaphorical rooster?

remixor

Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Kinoko

I don't know WHY they'd do it, but they certainly are capable of it.

SSH

I have been there with "Initial Citylink". Their driver managed not to find my house, number 20, despite it being right next to number 22. So I heard from the company I had ordered from and I phoned Initial Citylink and gave them a detailed description of where my house was. Guy still couldn't find it. Eventually, on the fourth time of trying I managed to spot the guy driving around looking lost, going past my house various times, going and asking in the industrial estate over the road.... I had managed to get the mobile number of the delivery driver by this time and he had left it in the van. I phoned his local office whoe must have kept tryi his mobile. I saw him drive off and then 5 minutes loater after a probably ticking off from his boss he managed to find me and knocked on my door. I'll admit that our house isn't always the easiest to find, but lo and behold my detailed instructions were there in a sticker on the parcel which he must have ignored. Aaaarrrgghh!

Kinoko

It annoys me that this sort of thing is soooo common. I know they're just people like you or me, but I've had so many problems with mail-related things, and I ALWAYS try to do the right things to make it easy for them. I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least a couple of horror stories about couriers and various deliverymen. Why isn't there some kind of standard when it comes to hiring these people? It's just WAY more common than it should be. It's a cliche to bitch about the mail because it genuinely does have so many problems, and it's such an important thing! For all they knew, I might have had a spare organ in that package :)

switcharoo

Quote from: Kinoko on Tue 22/06/2004 14:09:13
For all they knew, I might have had a spare organ in that package :)

Maybe one that UPS can suck on?  ;D

Mr Jake

Kinoko

switcharoo

Quote from: Hotspot on Tue 22/06/2004 14:24:33
damn it you got there first

When there's an organ involved, I'm always there first... er wait, that's not what I meant... Aw crap  :)

00jon00

Quote from: DGMacphee on Tue 22/06/2004 08:27:36
I gather you don't know what "metaphorical" means, jon.

I do, just screwing around

m0ds

UPS suck, Royal Mail suck... Junk mail doesn't help. Being a temporary postman for a few weeks, I found that 80% of the weight in the bag I carried around which broke shoulders, is junk mail. Promotional crap, A4 flyers etc.

I was told that about 20 years ago there was hardly any junk mail, and if that was the case, people would get all their mail quicker, and I'd imagine they'd also have kept two posts in the UK had there not been much/any junkmail.

It's a bitch!

Advertising, IMO, is just going to get bigger, and bigger, and bigger. Perhaps Bladerunner is right? Perhaps there will be huge flying advertising screens. I think there will. There's very little control over advertising these days it seems. I remember seeing a special football DVD, they promoted it with; "LOOK! NO ADVERTS ON THE PLAYERS SHIRTS! SOMETHING YOU'LL NEVER SEE AGAIN!!!!11".

Actually, you probably would - if footballers, companies and induviduals generally weren't so greedy.

shbaz

The UPS offices in my area have unlisted phone numbers. Coincidence? I think not.

They have many times delivered my packages to neighbor's houses and left the packages on their doorsteps, despite my detailed instructions left in the same fashion as SSH (and the clearly described BRICK house was the only one of such construction within miles). It's a good fucking thing I was friendly with my neighbors.

Ever since they did that with my skateboard when I was 17 (and I didn't figure out it was at my neighbors for a week, because they were out of state) I ship USPS, always. They'reÃ,  a little slower, but they're 150% more reliable. If you have a PO box and it arrives, it's there for you to get. If you have a mailbox then your local mailman knows where you live. Not like the people in the shit colored uniforms whose names I will utter no more.  :-\
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Las Naranjas

My sister won a competition with a flat screen TV and various other paraphenalia worth a few grand. They called to see if there was someone at home to collect it. I was going to be at home so i said yes.

When they came, I didn't hear them because of my music. They left several thousand grand of electronics on the doorstep.

I like that. It was my fault that I didn't come to the door, so they delivered it the best they could.

Respect.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Hollister Man

I laugh at this, because it is funny, it is pretty true, and I have had it happen.  But I feel bad because my brother in law is a driver for UPS. :D 

On a different note, USPS sucks harder than UPS.  They ruin your packages then put them in a bag that says "Sorry for the inconvenience."  UPS at least has insurance.
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk