September MAGS: 'DemonSlayer #3'

Started by Squinky, Wed 25/09/2002 01:01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Yup, DemonSlayer 3, just barely done before the deadline. This one has Bert battling Evil demons in tile town....
Download here:
www.mechanico76.com/squinky/Tiler.zip
650 k of good good times...

jAcK-o

So...when is the Fry 2 coming out?
*kills the psychosomatic concept of love*

"Life, the gift you sometimes want to return for something better."

Punch

heheh... that was pretty cool. Well done. Quite an enjoyable distraction from my homework.

- Punch

LGM

That's it.. You're making a tutorial.. You're just getting too good at this spriting stuff..

GRR
You. Me. Denny's.

2ma2

It's really good. A bit of lack on the wonderful demon slayer humour, yet it's very funny to play anyho'. The music is also contribution to a almost-spooky atmosphere, and the ending truly rocks

What I didn't like where the execution of the controls. Using bullets have it's downside. How about testing if the zombie is "shootable" upon pressing the button and make him splatter in green gew. Somehow, wasting those foul creatures was a bit disapointing when they just disappeared. :)

Also, the walkmode was a bit annoying, since it seems you took the characters x or y value and added 400 or something. Add about 4000 instead, cause as it is now, he suddenly stops now and then, and the screens ARE rather long :)

Still, two thumbs up, especially for interesting arcade sequences, and once again, the ending :D

Snake

SQUINKERMIER WEENER!!!

Can't wait to play this! ..eventhough I have yet to get the first 2 games...*looks to the left, then to the right*

Downloading now...

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

jAcK-o

It looks like i am going back into the Squinky Lee Gifford Pixel Sweat shop....

Snake

Squinky, I loved this game!! It was great! The graphics, the gameplay!
You should at one point make a full-leangth "Demon Slayer" adventure with little arcade sequences like that. It was great work, man!
How the hell did you get those zombies keep reappearing like that? You gave an illusion that there was an infinate amount.

Mech! Great job on the tiling and music :) Love that tune..

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Toefur

Well, I havn't played the others before... but this one was quite a bit off... odd... entertainment for a few minutes. :D

It was nice, I really liked it.

jAcK-o

Man, you gotta at least play the very short, yet VERY entertaining and thought out Bert the Demonslayer 2!!...it is on his download page?  

Me must sleep now...if he found out the had the time to type this, yet didnt work on his sprites...ack...the humanity.  

BTW, thanx Snake

Squinky

Thanks for playing the game guys! And 2ma2, I'm probably going to update the game later as a side project, and I'll try out some of your ideas....
Anyways, I didn't give enough credit to mechanico, he did ALL the sprites for this game, which totalled well over 100 in just about a week and a half! So, kudos to mechanico.....

Oh and snake, thanks for the compliments, the script for the zombies appearing was just a statement in the if monhit=0 then I added to an int called alldead (which kept track of the number of dead monsters) so when all the monsters were dead, a timer starts and then when the timer finishes, the monsters appear......took me awhile to script, like everything in this game....

jAcK-o

thanks for the kudos bro.  Just i almost don't wanna claim them they were rushed so badly?  Work, sleep, sprite work....ack...
but anyhow..The sprites are getting worked on...i may update some of the established current sprites, along with the additional animations of gored zombies, etc.  

Maybe give Squinky a lesson on how to use tiles? =P

Less of a rush is always a good thing...but so is a deadline?

Nostradamus

That was cool. I think you can make a kind of Ultima style RPG using this style.

Igor

Squinky- that was really entertaining. It almost made me think it was made with MMF... very different from what you expect out of AGS. Congrats.
Just a little suggestion: i'm not sure if it's possible... but could you code main character so it would only walk while the direction buttons would be pressed?

jAcK-o

I am almost 100% certain that he is going to do that in the re-release, the directional button..."god i have no breaks" problem...i mentioned it too.

Esseb

Well, cj, sylpher and gilbert has spent eons trying to do just that, to no avail, so I'm damn sure it's not possible yet :).

Squinky

Yep, I can't do it.....The keypress deal, But I have improved some other things, The new release will have much better graphics, some gore and nude supermodels.......
Okay, no supermodels........

jAcK-o

damn, and i just finished the nude supermodel sprites...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk