Grundislav

Here's the second case in the Ben Jordan series.Ã,  You can download it here:

http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=download&game=419

Secret Fawful

cool game so farÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 

aicram

Really great game.
Spoiler
I'm at the point when Ben and George escape from the cell.  I have the bottle of wine, amongst other items, and the ghost is hovering over the pearls.  Judging by what George said, I have to get the ghost into the bottle??
[close]
I can't seem to progress - please help!

Lazy Z

I'm impressed at how fast you released the second part, congrats! And to think that I haven't finished the first part yet... Ah well. I played a bit of part 2, love the music so far!
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Reaper

I'm in the cell in the galleon and cant  figure out how to get out. I tried to pick the door with the pencil but it doesnt work.

afinch

I cant get out of the cell either.  I have tried everything so far.

cittymom

For getting out of the cell:
Spoiler
Jamb something in your inventory in the cell door, then light it
[close]

I am stuck just beyond this point with getting rid of the ghost

Redwall

For those stuck at the end:

Spoiler
Try to take a pearl, then talk to George in the treasure room.
[close]
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

afinch

I just finished, what a great game, I look forward to another Ben Jordon soon ;D

Mephistophilis

This a Most amazingly Cool Game, Can't wait for the third instalment.
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

InCreator

Cool indeed!
Graphics is better too.
Found only 2 problems -

* inventory items, while being large images - don't have interaction dot or crosshair - so it's difficult to click precisely. I hope to see it fixed in third game.

* "notes" won't update sometimes. I'm in the desert while notes still  tell me to find moonshine. So they're almost unneccesary. They should update after every hint, it happens that you click away text where's useful hint like I did when talked to knife thrower. It was impossible to talk again to get same hint. Some other places too like that, hints should go to "notes".

Vel

A great game, could use some interface improvements, but wonderful nonetheless.

simian

I'm stuck:
Spoiler
I have the scuba gear and the map but he still keeps saying he doesn't fancy a swim. What should I do?
[close]

nickeedoo

Quote from: simian on Tue 29/06/2004 18:21:38
I'm stuck:
Spoiler
I have the scuba gear and the map but he still keeps saying he doesn't fancy a swim. What should I do?
[close]

Spoiler
You need to be sure that what you're diving for is down there. The only person who knows what is down there is the man who won't give you the map.
[close]

I'd also like to say this was great. I really enjoyed this as well as the previous game. Fantastic job. I look forward to the next one.

simian

Spoiler
But it won't let me talk to him anymore and I already have his map.
[close]

cittymom

Simian,
Spoiler
Have you gone to the right of the map man?  There is another scene with the Sea and a warning sign. 
[close]

aicram

Cittymom,
I've tried using everything in my inventory
Spoiler
money, morter & pestal, coffee, matches, knife, reel of tape, flower, pen, map and wine
[close]
what do I use and is there a specific place on the bars you need to interact with?

AGA

Spoiler
Use the moonshine on the lock. Use the matches on the moonshine.
[close]

aicram

Really cool game.  Look forward to the next installment.

viktor

I just finished the game. Realy great game. Definetly longer and harder than the first case.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

MoodyBlues

This is very good so far, but I'm stuck:

Spoiler
Where do I find the malt?
[close]
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

Secret Fawful

Spoiler
light the stills bottom hole then put the beer in the top one 8)
[close]

Pet Terry

Nice one! Music was really enjoyable and atmospheric, and paranormal stuff is my cup of tea. Looking forward to next part whenever it'll be finished.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Redwall

I really liked this game. The only problem I had was the room where you dive into the sea was difficult to find. It'd be nice to see the notes utilized more, as well.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

MoodyBlues

I finished it (and with a perfect score ;D)!

Great game!  It improved on many aspects of the original.  Characters are more developed, portrait illustrations are more realistic, and the game is just longer and richer.  Well done.
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

punkrebel

Nostradamus

A really good game as the BJ series continues to improve. I hope many more games come out in this series. This can be a Larry Vales kind franchise.
I need help though:
Spoiler
How do I get the cactus thing?
[close]

Ashen

Nostradamus:
Spoiler
Get the knife from the knife thrower in the bar. Use it on the cactus, then use the cactus chunk on the morter & pestle.
[close]
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Secret Fawful

Batgirl1979

Great job on the second installment! Loved the music and the graphics.  I can't wait for the third. Finished it but only got 203 out of 205, not sure what I missed :) .
A witty saying proves nothing~Voltaire

AGA

Fawfulhasfury:

Spoiler
After talking to the knife guy, go back to the coffee shop.
[close]

Kweepa

Good game, good game!

Spoiler

I wanted to gloat to the knife thrower having taken his knife, but he still responded as if he had the knife. Also, I thought it would be cool if Ben walked faster when on the Jitter Juice.

George had some navigation problems on the ship - it looked like he'd been drinking Jitter Juice.

I was a bit disappointed that a paranormal investigator would take a "special" dowsing rod and just use it as firewood. Particularly without comment.

Can you really crush a pearl in a pestle and mortar? Seems pretty unlikely.

Nice portraits (Medicine Man looked a lot like Sean Connery... hmm...) and ghost into bottle animation!

I'm da man, dawg!
[close]

Cheers!
Steve
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Secret Fawful

sunshinegold

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Mon 05/07/2004 18:33:01
Good game, good game!

Spoiler

I wanted to gloat to the knife thrower having taken his knife, but he still responded as if he had the knife. Also, I thought it would be cool if Ben walked faster when on the Jitter Juice.

George had some navigation problems on the ship - it looked like he'd been drinking Jitter Juice.

I was a bit disappointed that a paranormal investigator would take a "special" dowsing rod and just use it as firewood. Particularly without comment.

Can you really crush a pearl in a pestle and mortar? Seems pretty unlikely.

Nice portraits (Medicine Man looked a lot like Sean Connery... hmm...) and ghost into bottle animation!

I'm da man, dawg!
[close]

Cheers!
Steve

Steve,

Can you tell me how you got the ghost into the bottle?  Did you have to open the bottle first?  If so, how did you do that? I'm stuck in treasure room, talk to George for distraction but cannot get any further ???  Thank you.  Hope you reply :)

[Cameron]

Just played both games, YOU ROCK GRUNDY!!!!one11!!!

Nostradamus

Well I finished it! Awesome aweomse game Grundy, you should be proud!  I hope there are many more to come!

sunshinegold:
Spoiler
When George distracts the ghost, take a pearl. Then talk with George about the spirit box.
[close]

Still stuck?

Spoiler
grind the pearl in the mortar and put it in the wine ,then try to take a pearl again and use the wine on ghost
[close]

sunshinegold

Quote from: Nostradamus on Sat 10/07/2004 11:54:21
Well I finished it! Awesome aweomse game Grundy, you should be proud!Ã,  I hope there are many more to come!

sunshinegold:
Spoiler
When George distracts the ghost, take a pearl. Then talk with George about the spirit box.
[close]

Still stuck?

Spoiler
grind the pearl in the mortar and put it in the wine ,then try to take a pearl again and use the wine on ghost
[close]

Thanks, I have completed the game :)

Real good game. Long enough and good puzzles.  Enjoyed playing it.  Got stuck a few times but that is normal for me :)

MillsJROSS

Great stuff! And very fast in production. The music was...dare I say it...awesome! Most of the dialog was natural, and most of the puzzles were fairly logical (within the bounds of fiction). Can't wait for more.

-MillsJROSS

AGA

Yes, the puzzles were awesome. Whomsoever helped you with them is quite clearly some sort of genius.

mätzyboy

Beautyful! Superb game! When will we see the next episode of Ben Jordans Adventures? And who is this guy making the excellent music?

Ghormak

Nicely done. Longer, better and it also smells better than BJ1. I enjoy.

Quote from: mätzyboy on Mon 19/07/2004 20:24:05
And who is this guy making the excellent music?

That would be me. ;)
Achtung Franz! The comic

edmundito

Quote from: Ghormak on Mon 19/07/2004 21:32:48
Nicely done. Longer, better and it also smells better than BJ1. I enjoy.

Quote from: mätzyboy on Mon 19/07/2004 20:24:05
And who is this guy making the excellent music?

That would be me. ;)

Just look at the master at work (in his Avatar). He can play the cello even when he's crippled!  :o
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Remco

a very nice game, good puzzles and the music was just perfected. The music matched with everything, like when you enter the bar, just great! Cant wait to play part 3, will there be an part 3?
There is only 1 entertainer, the Q entertainer!

Athirwen

Ok, I'm stuck
i've got all the things i need to make the moonshine, but how do i do it?
help would be appreciated!
(also, what's the BBCode for a spoiler?)

Remco

Spoiler
maybe you need to warm it up, somewhere where there is a fire or something like that?
[close]

Athirwen

Spoiler
i've lit the fire in the distillery, but i still can't make the moonshine. i've tried putting the objects in the fire...
[close]

Remco

Spoiler
maybe you first need to put the ingredients togheter befor you can heat it up
[close]

Athirwen

That's the problem. I've got everything, but I don't know how to put the things together. Sorry, I should have explained myself better ;)

Kediri

Spoiler
did you get the malt from the beer?
[close]
If, No then you need to do that by putting it into the
Spoiler
distillery - the malt will come out the spout
[close]

Spoiler
have you put your ingredients in the silver bowl from Anna's house?
[close]
Do that and then you can put them in the
Spoiler
still
[close]

Re: the hide code, check out where it says BBCode and smileys reference in blue writing just above the smiley faces, when you post or reply to a post!
Or do this [h*] your text [/h*]
h* = hide - you must write the word hide
You can check you've done the right thing if you preview your text before posting it - try it out!  ;D
Hope that helps!  ;D

Athirwen

Thanks Kediri!

I worked out what I did wrong....
Spoiler
I never picked up the silver bowl from Annie's house
[close]

EDIT: I've now finished the game, it was great to play, looking forward to BJ 3!

trish

Quote from: Fawfulhasfury on Wed 30/06/2004 03:21:41
Spoiler
[close]
how do i light the still

Bagpuss

trish
Spoiler
Matches would be useful.Ã,  Plus you need some fuel.
[close]

sunshinegold

Quote from: trish on Tue 03/08/2004 21:42:46
Quote from: Fawfulhasfury on Wed 30/06/2004 03:21:41
Spoiler
[close]
how do i light the still

Hi,

I think that if you go to:

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=14974.0

you will find all the answers you need. :)

abby

Pleeeeeeeease help.....im enjoying the game but am completely stuck!
Spoiler
Where do i find the recipe ?! And also i cant seem to walk out of the square with the coffe shop etc......is this because you can only after youve got to a ceratin point ?!
[close]

Vaz

This is a well worth playing adventure, MUCH better than the previous episode, mainly because for its length. Still, I think it's a rather easy adventure, at least compared to that damn brain-crippling pice of software that Mourir en Mer is. I agree with Vel, the notes are quite useless, and that's disappointing because it was a feature that could have been used better.

Some puzzles take a bit longer to solve (I found myself really stuck for a while in the treasure room), but I guess it's not so difficult to finish it in less than a hour - I did with perfect score, I thought something better for the secret message!  :-\

The music is truly awesome, hats off to A. Slotte (if I recall correctly his name), I can't believe the western tune wasn't actually from an Ennio Morricone soundtrack! This is the best thing of this game so far.

A well done game, finally with a paranormal case (as I don't think that Bigfoot in case 1 was one), I hope to see the next case out soon!

n3tgraph

Hey I liked your game a lot! :)

and ghormak the music was SUPER :) especially the western tune in the village
* N3TGraph airguitars!

mavali

msbj

I had this exact same problem.  I could walk out of the screen (to the west) when I changed to full screen instead of running it in a window.

Quote from: abby on Thu 09/09/2004 14:57:44
Pleeeeeeeease help.....im enjoying the game but am completely stuck!
Spoiler
Where do i find the recipe ?! And also i cant seem to walk out of the square with the coffe shop etc......is this because you can only after youve got to a ceratin point ?!
[close]

Alpha

Spoiler
Ok, I just can't seem to find this 132 year old man, all I see in the bar is the bartender. I did get the drink, too.
[close]

sunshinegold

Quote from: Alpha on Sun 25/09/2005 21:37:09
Spoiler
Ok, I just can't seem to find this 132 year old man, all I see in the bar is the bartender. I did get the drink, too.
[close]

Alpha,

I see you are a new member. 

Spoiler
Go to the hints and tips forum, you will surely find your answer.

Another thing you can do is a 'search' on top of the page.  Type in the name of the game, then 'check mark' (Hints, Completed Game) and check the results
[close]

Good luck.

Alpha

Spoiler
Yes, I know of the hints forum, I checked, found the walkthrough, and that's how I know I need to see the old timer, but he's nowhere to be found!
[close]
Please, are there any tips you can give me? Did I miss something vital?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I think what he meant was, you not only have to SEARCH in that board, you also have to ASK there instead of there. It's also specified in the rules of this board.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Alpha

Oh, sorry, thanks for the clarification, I was just looking through these boards and wondered why several people were asking for help on the game, as I was.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk