September MAGS: 'The Mystery of Hackenslash Island'

Started by Necro, Thu 26/09/2002 20:34:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Necro

Well here it is , This has everything you could ever wish for in a game, humour , violence , spelling errors..  :)

I hope you love it to bits, It was really rushed towards the end to get it finished for today , but I am going to polish up real nice and may even release a talkie version if you guys like it!! 740 ish K

Download it from here
http://www24.brinkster.com/shadowreality/downloads/hackenslashmags.zip
or visit the site directly
http://shadowreality.gamespage.com

jrp

big bug

Spoiler
when I reach to gtrab the snorkel with the bat, the char get's stuck, and I can't move, and/or go anywere.
BTW, you can get the snorkel without the rope
[close]

Necro

I shall of course Squelch any bugs, big or otherwise beneath my powefull boot, Mwahha! Thanks! Missed that one..

But now all fixed!!

Cos this was my first AGS game I wasnt sure how long it would take , a few days longer and everything would be fine, but ah well , expect to find more. *sob* *sob*

Nostradamus

MAJOR BUG:
After I go to a new room all the colors get messed up to something really unwatchable

Necro

??? Does this happen on anybody else's?

Squinky

Yep, it happens to me , right after I go into the hotel room for the first time....the colors get all acid trippy...
Fix it dude, and I'm there for the re-download.

From what I saw before the bug, I liked the whole concept of the game so far, Cool gui on the top, cool intro and theres other cool stuff thats just slipping my mind right now. Anyways, I thought the closet world was called narnia? not nania? It's funny cause I put a reference to narnia in pirate fry....

Necro

There is no cause for the acid trippy colours at all in the code for room changes , maybe it is an unknown bug in AGS , I have just tried it on another computer I have here , lower spec.. but should run it ok and I see what you mean I have no clue...

Snake

Hey, Necro, I like your game so far :) It's very interesting. I too have experienced the color prob. It happens after you exit the hotel room (by room or door) and when you exit the computuer store. And the colors stick like that...wierd.

Oh, and I love the walking animation! Do you realize that he always stops with one of his knees poking out?

lol

Good job following the MAGS rules (so far by what I've seen, anyway)!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

jAcK-o

This game is made by an Aussie huh? =P

anyhow...so far, i digs it...and i haven't had a prob with colors yet at all....
soooo?...did he fix it, or am i lucky?
*kills the psychosomatic concept of love*

"Life, the gift you sometimes want to return for something better."

jrp

the tripy colours happened to me after I smoked the pot, and exited from the loby to the outside. I asumed it was intentional (it was a palette cycle effect)

Necro

No I have no clue to why the colour goes wierd in other places, smoking the pot does intentional cycle the colours but they go back to normal!

I tried an older version of the game on another computer I have before I added the pallete cycle code and the bug appears there too , so I assume its a bug in AGS, I will release the source soon anyway and we may find the bug , but I have no clue whats doing it as I dont mess with the colour pallete.

However The first zip file on the 26th/27th September was compliled in AGS 2.5a , but It is now compiled in the most recent version of 2.5. I dont know if that will make a difference but please tell me if it does.

purplelady

The link doesnt work. I cant download the game or access the home page.

sunshinegold

Quote from: Necro on Thu 26/09/2002 20:34:02

Well here it is , This has everything you could ever wish for in a game, humour , violence , spelling errors.. Ã, :)

I hope you love it to bits, It was really rushed towards the end to get it finished for today , but I am going to polish up real nice and may even release a talkie version if you guys like it!! 740 ish K

Download it from here
http://www24.brinkster.com/shadowreality/downloads/hackenslashmags.zip
or visit the site directly
http://shadowreality.gamespage.com

Sorry but both links do no work for me.  Would have liked to try your new game.  :(

Chicky

no link workage here either, please fix it nex

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk