"Looking for critique..." -Miles

Started by monkey0506, Sat 10/07/2004 02:45:59

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

Miles, my imaginary friend, asked me to draw a picture of him. Just kidding. I really have to take a crap right now and I don't know why I said anything that I've said thus far. Here's the deal, I'm looking for some critiquing on my art. Here's original art by me:

http://www.meleepta.us.tf/game002.html

(I know the bed is an Insta-Game product, but other than that the bedroom is original.)

And, painted sprites that need work:

http://www.meleepta.us.tf/tmi.html

EDIT: Sorry, sometimes I'm a bit psychotic. No idea why I would write that kind of thing here...

Sam.

thankyou for filling us in on your bowel movement but in future leave all bodily functions out of your posts as they just make us (or at least me) think you're a weirdo.
Anyway, those walking sprites look nice. prehaps you could animate them?

I cant seem to acess your screenshots so i can't criticise.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

monkey0506

Quote from: Zootyfruit on Sat 10/07/2004 14:58:49
I cant seem to acess your screenshots so i can't criticise.

I believe that you would be referring to the room I drew. Perhaps try highlighting that section of the page. I do not know why, but sometimes my page won't display images correctly. I have had several instances where highlighting the images works great. Regarding the sprites and animations. I do not have a program that saves Animated GIFs. I am not willing to pay, nor do I have, any amount of money for one at this time. As for the rest of the sprites for "Miles" I am currently constructing my own GUI, and production on both games has been delayed. I may produce some fake screenshots later today though...

Mr Flibble

Heres a tip for posting screens. Get the address of the picture itself, for example,
Code: ags

http://www.meleepta.us.tf/PICTURE.GIF

Now to show the picture itself, use this unique address together with the [ img] and [ /img] (no spaces).

Just thought I'd say, 'cos a lot of people won't be bothered opening up a whole new window for some guy's picture. Especially if they have a bad connection. Like mine.

Here you go, other people.

Sorry if I've lifted the wrong ones, but your links didn't lead directly to any pics.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

monkey0506--lazyperson

Quote from: Mr Flibble on Sat 17/07/2004 22:55:36
Just thought I'd say, 'cos a lot of people won't be bothered opening up a whole new window for some guy's picture. Especially if they have a bad connection. Like mine.
Sorry if I've lifted the wrong ones, but your links didn't lead directly to any pics.

Sorry. Not sure why I didn't just display the images. I could have at least posted links to the pages with the images... I was very tired when I posted that first post... You got the right images. Also, up for critique:

There. That's all I've got for now. I'm still working on the GUI for both of these projects.

EDIT: I really dislike the fact that Guests can post. I never think to log in before I click "reply"...

monkey0506

Ok... I've decided to crank up the resolution of "Game #2" to 640 X 480, and that has made Miles happy.

Miles (As of 8 August 2004 @ 200%):

Miles (As of 9 August 2004 @ 100% (A WIP!!!)):

I need some help. I'm not sure what to do to make it better. The eyes gave me a lot of trouble. Thanks for any help! :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

microsoft gif animator is free.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/3/2/11-3-2-57.shtml

I used it for my signature, as you can see it works fine  :D

monkey0506

Well, I tried downloading it, but it didn't work... But, one question, is it a good idea to have the character shaded, as in the above wip? or should I have him all as one color. I was trying to get rid of that previous skin color because it seems too pink. Er... It worked. Not sure why, but it worked. And:

The first frame is Miles for 320 X 200. Then, 320X200 Miles at 200%. Then Miles 640X400 WIP. Then, a Microsoft Office Picture Manager AutoCorrected version of the WIP. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk