The Elegant Murder Mystery

Started by Vig, Sat 10/07/2004 04:43:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Vig

Hi, i'm a beginner who just completed a short game. Actually, i don't know how to post this announcement because i don't know how the message scripting works. Sorry :(

It's available at www.freewebs.com/chingkongprod/

About the game itself: It's a 'Who Dunnit" scenario as you go around talking with possible suspects and gathering clues on the identity of the murderer.
It's a very short, direct and simple game. I don't expect to win awards with it. Just something i did after  two aborted projects using AGS because i didn't know any better using the engine and was over ambitious.

I wish i could post some screenshots but, like i said, i don't know how to write the message script.Sorry :)

But all the other information and screenshots are available at the website.

Thanks ;)

Phemar

Downloading...update later with my thoughts....

tvcooper2001

Has anyone figured out what to do in this game.  Seems I have talked to everyone and visited every place but have no idea what to do to proceed??  Any help?

wyr3x

Downloading and checking game ....  :)
waiting for the AG of the century .....

miryoku_81

Quote from: tvcooper2001 on Fri 16/07/2004 13:47:25
Has anyone figured out what to do in this game.Ã,  Seems I have talked to everyone and visited every place but have no idea what to do to proceed??Ã,  Any help?

I have also wandered around endlessly talking to every single character until all dialogue is exhausted and have tried interacting with everything in sight.  I have no clue what to do nor what evidence I'm supposed to gather exactly.

Perhaps there is a location that i've overlooked.

Bleeding_Tears

I didnt find it to bad at all. The animations/drawings were far better then anything I could ever do. I think that you might have a nack for this. If you ever want some opions on story development or sumtin, just e-mail me and maybe we can work together on that. But anyway i absoulutly think you did a pretty damn good job, for someone that is just a beginner. Keep up the good work man.  :)

wyr3x

well, i enjoyed the music to much !!!, what a good muscician! ... and the graphics ... i give them an 8/10 , cause they seem a bit primitive, but i liked them anyway .....                        CONGRATULATIONS !
waiting for the AG of the century .....

Sinitrena

I finished the game.  I liked it but it is really short and a little bit too easy. You should develope a few more difficult puzzles.
Anyway, good work  :)

Vig

Wow, finally,someone finished the game! ;D

For a while there i was worried nobody could finish it.

It is short, very short with like, one puzzle to solve. Seriously, i'll make it up to you guys in my next game.

Thanks for the comliments. ;D ;D ;D

And to wyr3x, i'm far from a great musician. I downloaded all those music for free. I did not create them. But thanks anyway :)

See you guys around. I guess i'll be bugging the beginners forum asking for help.

sunshinegold

Quote from: Vig on Tue 20/07/2004 05:08:54
Wow, finally,someone finished the game! ;D

For a while there i was worried nobody could finish it.

It is short, very short with like, one puzzle to solve. Seriously, i'll make it up to you guys in my next game.

Thanks for the comliments. ;D ;D ;D

And to wyr3x, i'm far from a great musician. I downloaded all those music for free. I did not create them. But thanks anyway :)

See you guys around. I guess i'll be bugging the beginners forum asking for help.

Good game.  Too bad it was so short.    Hope you make another one soon, a bit longer and with more puzzles.  :)

mätzyboy

The game was Good! You put a lot of effort into the story! I think your graphic style, which is nice looking, would gain a lot from using solid colors instead of the dotted mixture of colors you use now to make different shades. Too bad that so little use of inventory was needed, it might have added to the feeling of this being an adventure game, more than a story being told. Maybe more suspects, and an ending where the player could choose who he thought was the murderer (each choice giving different endings) would be another idea?

All in all, well worth playing, and a splendid first game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk