New game by Yahtzee! 'The Trials of Odysseus Kent'

Started by AGA, Sun 29/09/2002 19:36:15

Previous topic - Next topic

taryuu

hey i've got mecahnico's back on this one, he didn't insult chrille at all, unless there's some other post I'm missing.  so collosal, what was the deal with that?

how is this an insult?
Quotewhy is it so "vogue" to insult this Yatzee person?...I may be new to these boards, but...it seems to me that he has made a better game than your Plueresborg maker?  Yet he is scorned?

Sorry, i just don't believe in trends..nor following the herd mind.  I judge on peoples actions, and, from what i have seen..this is a damn good game.

And for that you jump right down the guy's throat!  what the dilly yo? have a cinnabon and calm the fuck down!
I like having low self-esteem.  It makes me feel special.

taryuu?

Esseb

Yahtzee always has a positive impact on this community, isn't it swell?

I liked the game, and now, excuse me while I not look at this thread again.

PS: Stop bickering.

MrColossal

the only problem i have with this game is the lighting, it's all banded and looks like he used a light filter for the shading, which i feel is not so good

i enjoy the characters, like i said, i enjoy that the art and how the characters are much more different than the other yathzee art

now if only i didn't try to switch back to mIRC and crash my whole computer while playing then i could have completed it...

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Andail

It is a lot easier to give compliments to people who haven't already given them to themselves...

Additionally, this was the first game by Yahtzee that I enjoyed

Las Naranjas

Sensible enough not to judge without basis, but if you ever engaged in social intercourse with Yahtzee on the board your mind would be changed.

Us oldhands still bear a few scars from him.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Pumaman

Sorry to intervene here, but I have to back up EvenWolf. This whole Yahtzee thing has been going far too long, and I don't feel it's at all healthy to dwell on it after all this time.

Besides, shouldn't people be given a second chance? IIRC Yahtzee was last in the community about 2 years ago. People can change a lot over time, but the behaviour here is hardly likely to make him decide to return so that the newer members here can actually talk to him and judge for themselves.

MrColossal

jesus! who is this CJ guy? listen cj, just cause you have cartman as your avatar doesn't make you bad ass!! Why don't you get a job and be usefull to society?

you weren't here, you didn't know what it was like! man, now i'm gonna start talking about how CJ butts in and tries to.... bah... this isn't funny... sorry

anyway, did this happen to anyone else? i went to talk to the priest and when it went to the dialog options the whole screen turned black, except for the text and the cursor then when i clicked a dialog option it came back... i'm trying to recreate it now

well it happened again... this time when i went to the loading screen after restarting the game
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Helm

I've said time and time again that if people that where here when the ugliness happened  bear no ill feelings, even a bit of guilt about the whole situation, such as me, then people that weren't even there when the whole thing went down, shouldn't find any grounds on which to call yahtzee 'names'. His artistic input was encouraging, inspiring and always worthy the download, which is more than can be told about a number of people that have been ripping him another one now that he's away. His character is not the issue. Ags games is the issue.

Get on with the program.
WINTERKILL

Andail

In fact, for me the screen went black during most of the conversations, and also when the inventory window was up.
I don't think it's a script-error, though, more like some problem with the engine VS my os...

Esseb

It's the engine, it happened on one of the mags games as well. Haven't been able to recreate it.

Small question:
Spoiler
Anyone got the pervert to leave his doll after you put the thorn in it? I've put the thorn in, given him the video, nothing happened. Perhaps it's because I put the thorn in before I got the video and now I can't get another thorn.
[close]

-

I finished it... great game!!!

@Esseb:

Spoiler
The thorn is no the problem... I also put it in before I got the video. Just go outside after giving the video to the man and you will find the doll there...
[close]

Las Naranjas

On another note, I can read the spoilers without highlighting :/
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Snake

It depends if the spoiler is on the light blue or the dark blue. It's totally invisible if on the dark blue.

*a fant mocking voice is heard in the background*
"Thank you, Snake, for that...insightful bit of information."

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

MillsJROSS

But even someone makes the mistake of using the wrong blue, or as is probably the case, someone posted before their post, it's still hard to read, unless you try.

About the game: From what little I've played it's fun so far. Graphics are nice. But what makes this game anything is the dialog. Wonderful! I'd say keep up the good work, but I think we all know that really won't be the case.

-MillsJROSS

Tarison

Quote from: CJ on Tue 01/10/2002 18:53:38Sorry to intervene here, but I have to back up EvenWolf. This whole Yahtzee thing has been going far too long, and I don't feel it's at all healthy to dwell on it after all this time.

Besides, shouldn't people be given a second chance? IIRC Yahtzee was last in the community about 2 years ago. People can change a lot over time, but the behaviour here is hardly likely to make him decide to return so that the newer members here can actually talk to him and judge for themselves.

CJ is right (as usual). I used to admin on some old MUD/MUSH style games, saw a lot of *bleep*ers come and go, but years later when I ran into them again, a lot of them had grown up/changed significantly -- not always young people, but sometimes people much older.

Of course, I saw 'stable' people go the other way over that time, but um.. yeah, that happens, too....

DGMacphee

All I can say is this:

THE NEXT AGS AWARDS ARE GOING TO BE BLOODY INTERESTING, AREN'T THEY?

:)
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Layabout

dammit, you'd better hold it early january!!! if the awards are on in the period where i am not able to be online when i'm settling in the uk, then i'll be out for your blood dgmacphee, YOUR BLOOD!11!1!
I am Jean-Pierre.

Adamski

How Yahtzee acted in the past, the present, or the future isn't an issue here whatsoever... the point here is that he's made the only amateur game so far that has truly captured the essence and atmosphere of Monkey Island... and I do rate this game very highly...

Pumaman

black screen problems - were you guys running any other applications in the background?
I think this might be an allegro bug when DirectDraw loses the screen.

I've noticed that if I have LeechFTP running in the background while playing an AGS game, the screen flashes black from time to time, which could well be the same issue. I think the allegro team is working on a fix.

Quotedammit, you'd better hold it early january!!! if the awards are on in the period where i am not able to be online when i'm settling in the uk, then i'll be out for your blood dgmacphee, YOUR BLOOD!11!1!

Don't worry Lay, you can come and huddle round my screen to watch it ;)

Well actually, I'll probably end up being out that night like last year, but we'll always have the log to remember it by ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk