New Release of BattleQuest done on new ags...

Started by squalman, Tue 01/10/2002 19:40:57

Previous topic - Next topic

squalman

http://warrior.9cy.com/BattleQuest.exe    its 581kb  its a file extractor for the game im making. Battle Quest has taken a new twist as the graphics get better and the GUI is worked on. Fully Functional GUI!!!! Click STATS and check it out :D Also, Gil and HP work on main GUI! Hp is not used in this demo, however you DO get a levelup when u press F8 to test my Attack gui tag. Good Luck
           squalman
"I wish i had a life, however, my mom says i will never have one because she locked it up in a drawer." 'some stupid kid on the school bus

Pod

no zip distro?

so ? erm whats ment to happen. i walk round, not much happening
also, if possible could you run it in letterbox mode.... my screen dosnt display ags in 320x200 for some reason (even thought all sierra and LEC games in that res run fine fine fine)

Toefur

I was very confused... but I'm sleepy now, will write more later. :)

Pod

squalman

Ok, i duuno what letterbox mode is on AGS for one thing. Another: Click the 'Cave' (the ladder). :D dont worry, the next release is fixed a  bit :D Still doing scripting tho :D
"I wish i had a life, however, my mom says i will never have one because she locked it up in a drawer." 'some stupid kid on the school bus

Greg

I haven't been following the development of your demo, but you might try my battle demo.  Not sure how long it'll be online, but maybe you can poke around with it.:

http://68.58.139.216/IISSamples/Default/tomeoflegend.zip

It's made with a much older version of AGS so I don't know if it'll run on your OS.  I can't find the text file for it, but after creating your character walk north to buy stuff or south to fight.  Up is attack and down is dodge.  Your stats will raise up over time and you can get better equipment with the money you get.  There's a big guy you can go fight when you're up to it south-west-west from where you start.  I can't remember the details, but the magic doesn't work in this version because I was upgrading it from an older one.

Somewhere I probably have the first version which had actual stick figures...

Later

Gilbert

2ma2 - a fony!

It's Greg Hurst people. The true scripting god!

Las Naranjas

I think you know Gilbert.

I know who sold him to the Hong kong pirates...
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

FenderQ

I got angry when the Like Ike snickered at me, but then he died so it was ok ;D

Good work with the GUI's.  I just ran the winsetup.exe to set my screen to 640x400 window'd.  Looked fine. ;)

Greg

You should all know I have a special place in my heart for combat demos so I had to stop by.  (Plus I felt I had to post after I saw all the Yahtzee comeback stuff in the general area).

2ma2

squalman

Just a little update:

i figured out why the Like-Ike died in one hit 'ALWAYS'. I had set his HP variable to 2  wich was actually the gil global int and that int was at 0 during the fight ;).

Now, here is what ive been working on:
(A)what i just said.
(B)im trying to work on the GUI but it saves it, however when i go to play it the GUI isnt updated!
(C)I made it so your 'attack' figures in with how much damage you do
(D)The like-ike attacks back!
(E)My win-rar demo ran out so its back to good old zip files : ' (
(F) last but not least :
(G)hopefully if i get it to work, you will be able to use a (a) MAP (b) Inventory (c) and maby if i can get it all worked out and peachy keen there will be a thing that will enable you to have different traits like 'Black magic' 'White magic' 'Vampire' 'Crusader' etc wich will affect gameplay by tons :D.
squally

btw:  This game is not about graphics, so if your going to tag along hoping the graphics get better, f ' off right now. follow the script and GUI :P

Helm

I'M GONNA TEACH THIS KID SOME MANNERS!!1

*cryptopsy intro*
WINTERKILL

agsinformant

Greg, I tried to download the Tome Of Legend demo from your first post, but was unsuccessful.  I basically got a page not available or not found or something like that.  Is there any way I could get a copy of that?  I tried to email you directly, but I received a "user unknown" response from that attempt.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Inquisitor

and I repeat my question:

Whatever happened to Greg Hurst???
it's been a really long time!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk