September MAGS

Started by Klaus, Wed 01/09/2004 07:56:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaus

Quote from: Ishmael on Thu 02/09/2004 08:20:56
... nostalgy indeed, It's a year ago, and a lot has changed ::)
But I'm hoping it's not worse now compared with the "early days"?

Quote from: CoolBlue-Gord10 on Thu 09/09/2004 18:17:40
... So I will have finished the game in a time span shorter than a month. I hope it's accepted.Ã,  Ã, 
Yes, that's okay.

Quote from: Pelican on Fri 03/09/2004 01:37:40
can I put it up for C&C, and get some feedback before submitting it? ... I just want to check this doesn't violate any rules.
This is absolutely allowed and recommended for the beginners.

Quote from: viktor on Thu 02/09/2004 20:12:33
POST FROM THE COMPLETED GAMES AREA: I wanted to wait util the august mags was oficialy ower, since it was sayd not to post here when you make a mags game.
I have no idea who said something like this. With a MAGS entry you can do all the things that are possible with other AGS creations. So for sure you can also promote it in the Completed Games Announcements (rules here).
Anyway you should post the entry to the currentÃ,  MAGS thread as searching all the forums for a new game and perhaps also taking a screenshot for the MAGS site is an unpleasant thing to do...

Quote from: Ishmael on Fri 03/09/2004 08:39:15
... EARGH, I'm into this again, like so may months in the past...
Quote from: AGS-GD on Fri 10/09/2004 13:32:36
Count me in
Well - every entry is in that's just published in time. That's the whole thing :-)

viktor

QuotePOST FROM THE COMPLETED GAMES AREA: I wanted to wait util the august mags was oficialy ower, since it was sayd not to post here when you make a mags game.
I have no idea who said something like this. With a MAGS entry you can do all the things that are possible with other AGS creations. So for sure you can also promote it in the Completed Games Announcements (rules here).
Anyway you should post the entry to the current  MAGS thread as searching all the forums for a new game and perhaps also taking a screenshot for the MAGS site is an unpleasant thing to do...

that was me. I recal reading somewhere that it is not (or wasn't) alowed to prote your MAGS game in the complete games anouncment board. But I gues that dosn't aplly anymore.

Anyway I'm making a game for this months MAGS to (damn it I want to win >:(. Nah just kiding ;D) It was a lot of fun making last months entry so I thought I would take a nother crack at it. All I can say at this point is that the game is based on a cartoon (sort of) and that it isn't even near completion.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

mousemat

nearly finished my entry.
Oh yer moon walkin'
www.freewebs.com/bkreview/

Sinitrena

QuoteI recal reading somewhere that it is not (or wasn't) alowed to prote your MAGS game in the complete games anouncment board.
I think that wasn't the complete games anouncement board but the games in production. If I remember corectly someone said you shouldn't post MAGS games there, and it's a logic thing to not post them there because MAGS games are only in production for a month. But as MAGS games are completed AGS games like other games there shoudn't be any problem to post them in the complete games anouncement, I think.

Czar

Quote from: Minimi on Wed 01/09/2004 15:24:28
aaah, sorry I just have to reply! I get the good old Puddy Penguin memories back when I see the thread September MAGS! Time go's waaaay too fast, dudes! It's already a year ago! tsss.....

OH MY GOD??!!!!

A year already????

Man we should make a thread to reminisce on the past times
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Gord10

I've finished the entire game. But couldn't a free host for my game which is bigger than 5 MB. So I sent the game to The Goldeneagle. I hope he hosts my game.
EDIT: Damn, the game couldn't be sent; I thnk his inbox is too full. Hope I can find somewhere to host my game :(
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Barbarian

Quote from: CoolBlue-Gord10 on Wed 15/09/2004 20:19:09
I've finished the entire game. But couldn't a free host for my game which is bigger than 5 MB. So I sent the game to The Goldeneagle. I hope he hosts my game.
EDIT: Damn, the game couldn't be sent; I thnk his inbox is too full. Hope I can find somewhere to host my game :(

Hey CoolBlue. If you're still deperately stuck for a place for hosting, you can email it to me and I can put it up someplace on one of my sites for a while if you like. It would give you a chance to at least enter your game for this month's MAGS. I'll send you a PM with my email address you can send it. Good luck. *Salutes*
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

BorisZ

I am nearly finished too.

Gord10

Quote from: Barbarian on Thu 16/09/2004 01:32:18
Quote from: CoolBlue-Gord10 on Wed 15/09/2004 20:19:09

Hey CoolBlue. If you're still deperately stuck for a place for hosting, you can email it to me and I can put it up someplace on one of my sites for a while if you like. It would give you a chance to at least enter your game for this month's MAGS. I'll send you a PM with my email address you can send it. Good luck. *Salutes*

Thank you much :) Have just sended.

EDIT: And here is my entry:
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?category=2&action=download&game=446
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

BorisZ

Here is my entry:

http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=download&game=447

And here is screenshot:

Klaus

So again the deadline is coming closer. Remember: On monday the voting will start.
For all those who still want to enter this competition, please submit your entries within the next 70 hours from now (see timestamp of this posting). Thanks.

Sinitrena

My entry is finished.

The game is called "A magic stone"
Story:
You play a young man called Nolan who is half elve and halfe human. His father, a human, sends him on a mission to find a "magic stone", a dangereous magic object that was made many years ago by all kind of creatures (humans, elves, dwarfs, centaurs, unicorns). Most people thought all magic stones had been destroyed a long time ago, but it seems that there is still one on earth. A map to the stone exists and Nolan has to find the map, the stone and to destroy the stone.
Screenshot:

This game is a normal Point&Click Adventure in the first part and a RPG in the second part.

Download here .

To download a walkthrough please click here!

I hope you'll enjoy it.  8)

Totoro

Three sweet entries, you all are great  ;D I always feel like entering a mags too at the end of the month when I see such nice entries...
Sinitrena, dein Spiel sieht richtig schön "Retro" aus ;)

AGS-GD

Betrayed by your own Ogres …

Bound to your own ship …

Destined to the very unknown …

[/b]

What happened? Why? How will you save your soul of what is destined to be?

Do you posses the wit and wisdom to prevail over this fantasy adventure?

Play A Tale Of Betrayal now and unveil the answers yourself!

Featuring:

- Multiple Endings
- Verb Coin Interface
- (640 * 480) Hi-Resolution Scenes
- Lots of Animations and Challenging Puzzles
- More than 7,000 words in Dialogue and Descriptions

Overall Progress: 70% 100%
Release Date: 27th September
Download: http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=453

Darth Mandarb

AGS-GD - That looks fantastic!  Even if you don't make the deadline for MAGs keep working on this one!

BorisZ

Yeah, don't make the deadline! ;D

Phemar

Wow! That looks just like CMI!

AGS-GD

Thanks for the amazing feedback! I just hope you will like the game as a whole as much as you liked the screenshots.

It's been three weeks now since I started developing this MAGS entry, it's my first time on AGS, my first time on making a game, and my first time drawing original scenes, and fully coloring and outlining a scene -first screenshot-.

I'll be posting the game in the coming 8 hours, even though I wanted to add more content but it's the one month rule ...

Klaus, if only you could grant me a one day extension I'll be grateful, if not I do respect the rules and will post what I have finished by the deadline.

Long live adventure games,
AGS-GD

Pelican

O.K. I've finally finished. And here it is:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/game-haven/CTB.zip

Constance the Barbarian - A humourous take on Conan the Barbarian/Xena Warrior Princess, with a dash of Monkey Island.

Please go easy on it. It's my first game, and has been mostly a learning project. And I spent so much time on improving my backgrounds, that I didn't get as much time to spend on other areas. Anyway, enjoy (if you can).

P.S. I won't be voting myself, as I didn't have time to play any of the other submissions.

Klaus

Quote from: AGS-GD on Sun 26/09/2004 20:05:59
I'll be posting the game in the coming 8 hours, even though I wanted to add more content but it's the one month rule ...

Klaus, if only you could grant me a one day extension I'll be grateful, if not I do respect the rules and will post what I have finished by the deadline.

Well, it's all very short in time in this month's competition: Only some days for voting, creating the Winner Video and even less for setting up and checking the the rules to post them on October 1st then. Anyway:Ã,  You get 20 hours more (see timestamp of this posting),Ã,  then the voting will start. It will end in the early evening of September 30th. The winner will be informed by e-mail and has to set up the rules very quickly in just some hours. So all entrants please already make up your mind - just in case... The video will be released just some hours before the new rules are published then - on late Oktober 1st.

Quote from: Pelican on Mon 27/09/2004 02:21:19
P.S. I won't be voting myself, as I didn't have time to play any of the other submissions.
The good thing: You have some more time for playing all submissions now :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk