STAR WARS Shadows of the Empire: Graphic Adventure [HUNTING THE HUNTER video]

Started by Dusk, Fri 03/09/2004 11:58:45

Previous topic - Next topic

BobaFonts

Quote from: Joseph DiPerla on Mon 25/10/2004 03:09:29
Hey Epic, not to go off subject, but are you a Zak McKracken fan?

We all are.
Zak is the first graphic adventure I played, it's the game I had in mind -in terms of gameplay- when I envisioned the structure of Shadows of the Empire.
It's very long, maybe the longest of all.
It's quite hard.
You can swap up to four characters.
You travel a lot from one corner of the world to the other.
You get more jokes you can possibly ask for.

Those are features SOTE will definitely have. 300 estimated rooms, 50 already created, at least 40 main characters (circa 200 estimated), a very long plotline (70% preexistent, 30% original but already written), 4 swapable characters (Luke, Leia, Dash Rendar, Lando, plus their sidekicks following them with A.I. routines by Dusk) sometimes playing and solving puzzles in team mode, travels throughout the galaxy, more jokes than you would expect from a "serious" game.

But SOTE has many things Zak hadn't (thanks God), as dialogues. Dialogues, written by Epic, have a crucial role in solving many puzzles. And a modern GUI we're quite proud of.

As you can see, it's not something we can accomplish in a couple of months. We're already happy with the work so far, but there's a lot of it still to do, especially in the sprites department, since I'm alone working on them and on the backgrounds.

Mabou

Of course! Who is not? :)
Anyway, i very much admire Zak's storyline and puzzles (my first graphic adventure too! :)) but i think that AG system was too young in 1989 and Zak had 'just' a great potential. I prefer the immortal Monkey saga (especially MI2), Indy Atlantis, The Dig, Grim Fandango and i love Jensen's script (Gabriel Knight) and Broken Sword 3's screenplay (yes! BS...3!). The Last Express, Sanitarium, Syberia, Black Dahlia were very beautiful games, too.

With SOTE, we'll possibly try to move to a classic Star Wars script, with many funny moments - Sw movies' style-, that have much in common with Indy's adventures. More Star Wars and Indy, less Monkey and Day of Tentacle is our objective. Hope we'll succeed :).

For the Tech Demo, don't count on those 'rules' :). Eh eh...

Joseph DiPerla

Cool!!! I am glad to see that there are tons of fans of Zak McKracken. Zak is my all time favorite game period! I am actually awaiting these other projects in development.

Actually I was one of the Italian Translators for the "New adventures of Zak McKracken".

Its great to see that you are making a ton of progress on this and that you are mimicking a lot of features from the Zak Game.

Keep it up.

Buon proseguimento!

JD
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Walrus

Mabou

Quote from: Joseph DiPerla on Mon 25/10/2004 21:48:49
Cool!!! I am glad to see that there are tons of fans of Zak McKracken. Zak is my all time favorite game period! I am actually awaiting these other projects in development.

Actually I was one of the Italian Translators for the "New adventures of Zak McKracken".

ahhh! yes i downloaded Zak2 one year ago, i think. It is good, but i've never finished it 'cause i was stucked and i didn't find any walkthroughs. Gee!
Anyway, congratulations for your translation :). I write on the italian newsgroup of Graphic Adventure, do you know somebody there? :)

However, the tech demo of SOTE is almost done. The synopsis is quite completed, so the items design and sprites too. We are very excited for that. :D.

Dusk

Quote from: evilspacefart on Wed 17/11/2004 00:06:08
release the tech demo now!

Ehm, we'd like to, but it's not ready yet :)
script and dialogues: 100%; graphics and sprites: 90%; ags programming: 70%

I'm busy in this period, but I've to script some stuff *essential* for a TECH demo, and a pair of animations by BobaFonts are "in progress".
We hope that another 10-15 days of work should be enough for all.

bye, and thankyou for asking! :)
D

hms

VERY awesome.....

And its looks fun too.

But when you done so much out of the background do somthing about the INV
Item /I dont know if you are'nt finisch yet...(Whidt the INV items i mean)
-------------------------------------------------------
It takes 42 muscles to look angry, but it only takes 6 to slap the idiot down!

BobaFonts

TECH DEMO released for selected playtesters! See the updated top post. English version coming very soon.

-------------------------
CONTENT ADVISORY
-------------------------
This Tech Demo contains an insane amount of gags. Take it carefully. And
it's packed with an even more insane amount of quotes from classic
adventures and movies. When you don't laugh, it's not our fault: it's
yours.Ã,  :P ::)
The final game will feature a more subtle humour.

BobaFonts

ladies and gentlemen...

STAR WARS Shadows of the Empire: Graphic Adventure
TECH DEMO 1.0 final

you can download it here:
http://dsgames.guerrestellari.net/sotedownload.php

Secret Fawful

This is funny. But it's also 80MBs fully unzipped. How big is this game gonna be??? :o

BerserkerTails

Wow, definatley a very professional looking demo you have there. The interface is quite nice.

I hope that you continue to work on this game, as it's definitley now near the top of my list of games I'm waiting for.

Any chance for a 2005 release?
I make music.

Dusk

Fawfulhasfury: SOTE is gonne be HUGE. It's mainly because it has lots of hi-res sprites, that AGS keeps as uncompressed bitmaps. But the download sizes should remain affordable :)

BerserkerTails: we're planning SOTE to be a *long* game, but we're thinking of "splitting" it into separated episodes. So, yes, we hope that there will be 2005 releases.

Thankyou all :)

Chicky

Awesome stuff!I Love it! The animations, the backgrounds the amount of effort that has gone into the game, it's GREAT!

Cant wait 'till the finished game :)

Iwan

That was a great laugh! Great backgrounds and the animations were perfect!

sedriss

Awesome indeed! Been waiting forever for a demo. Now go finish the whole thing!
By the time you read this you've already read it.

BobaFonts

We're very proud of your response. No: we're happy. Really really happy.
Now... spread the voice!  ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk