The return of Night of the Hermit

Started by Roy Lazarovich, Sat 05/10/2002 15:11:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy Lazarovich

No... this is not a sequel... ;)

After being offline for quite a long time, Night of the Hermit is back online, so for all of you who haven't had the chance yet:

Game:
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?moderator=1&category=1&action=download&game=37

Talkie:
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?moderator=1&category=1&action=download&game=37&mirror=1

New project to be announced soon...

Esseb

Ooh, that's clever. Linking to the ags game list's download url to get a more accurate download count.

Flippy_D

Dude what the hell?
What on Earth is an .ace file?
How do I play it?
Why was this not a smaller download?
Gah?
Where are my trousers?

Ionias

do a google search on "winace" its just a winzip clone.

Flippy_D

I am not touching winzip. It kills my computer.

Esseb

He didn't say to use winzip :) .

Download winaze, or if you wanna do it the old way, unace.exe.

Flippy_D

A winzip clone did it for me, thanks. And no I don't care how good the game is I'm sticking to DAP and normal download manager. Winzip crippled my PC for half a week before I got it out my system. Bitches, are microsoft.

Gonzo

Microsoft don't make Winzip though, don't blame Bill!

Roy Lazarovich

Here is what you need to do:

1) Download the file (or files if you want the talkie) using any download manager you want, or not using any download manager at all, however you want to download it, it doesn't matter

2) Go to the website www.winace.com, download and install their free program

3) Double click on the file and extract it using the program to whereever you want

4) Have fun

DGMacphee

ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Flippy_D

Will it take over my current download manager though? that's what winzip did and it bugged the hell out of me because I couldn't use it.

Helm

Flippy, you're unintentionally funny!
WINTERKILL

Flippy_D

I'm intentionally funny....er, sometimes. I just downloaded SOL btw. Nice work.

Roy Lazarovich

WinAce (and WinZip for that matter) is not a download manager, there is no reason for it to take control of any download manager, it's like saying the new toaster oven you bought has taken over your TV set and started showing chick flicks while your were making dinner ;)

Flippy_D

Funny you should mention that.....but seriously, it rendered my DAP useless and insisted on using itsself for downloading and unzipping. EVIL, EVIL, OUT DEMONS OUT!
And even then it retained some irremovable files....I had to get a friend to re-write like 7 lines of code to erase them.

Andail

Hmm....maybe it would be a nice gesture if you gave some criticism on Roy's game instead of just babbling shit...
Like I'm doing right now :)

Me

I had the game, like when it was first available, and I still can't finish it! The Walkthrough is no help. Where the hell is the machine room?

Roy Lazarovich

*** spoiler alert ***

The machine room is underneath the motel, you need to get access to it by first draining all the water from the pool, and than blowing a hole in the pool's floor

agsking

You could also link to the ags games page from your sig. BTW.

benbigbrain

I think flippy's just trying for the most posts in one topic by one person competition.

Flippy_D

Eggie

GAH! Huge file!

and corrupt!

Roy Lazarovich

Quote from: agsking on Fri 11/10/2002 22:21:24You could also link to the ags games page from your sig. BTW.

I've tried that but it seem to be replacing all the & characters with &am or something, and naturally it doesn't go well with the ags games page

Esseb

edit: never mind.

Snake

I downloaded NOTH when it was first available too. Seemed like it was going to be a kick arse game, but the unbearible slow fading pissed me off ;) When waiting for the first room in the mansion to fade in, I blasphemed, "FUCK THIS SHIT!!1!!1111!!!!" ...CTRL-ALT-DEL!1!!11!!!!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Roy Lazarovich

I wanted to divide the game into several resource files but that didn't work well with the VOX file, so reluctently I had to leave it as one large file and thats where the slow downs come from

Flippy_D

Yay, I just got powerarchiver800. Much better, so now I shall download it.

Snake

Roy, I think it was because it was a dos version. I have the same prob with every ags game in dos that fades. If you had a windows ver., it would work :)

*hint-hint*

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Flippy_D

Good grief, even with powerarchiver800 the damn thing doesn't appear as an .ace file!! just shoot me now why don't you. I have a file called 37 btw

auhsor

Winzip shouldnt cause any problems. Its never stuffed up my computer before. I use winzip for archiving, and getright for downloading, and everything works great.

Good game btw

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk