The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostface

Ghostface is the name of the killer in the Scream trilogy, which is ironically, my favorite movies. I hope to have a sig and a avatar soon.
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Ali

ghostface

hardy har har. good job. (under his breath) mr. holmes
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Rincewind

You probably never would have guessed this, but I named myself after the character Rincewind from Terry Pratchett's Discworld books/games. Teh Surprise!

"Lo! Behold this tall, stone pointy thing! Who knows it's mystic secrets? Who cares? - Not me, for one."

InCreator

Well, I recall thread with same topic from the past... far past.

My original first name is Indrek. (don't try to find out what "in drek" means in German :( )

My friends shorten it to "Ints".
Many old games/NeoGeo (whoah!) games accept only 3 letters for a name in hiscore table, so I shortened it to InC.

I AM creative, if there's any purpose for my existence at all.
Very little of my creativity manages to get to the public, because being a perfectionist, no game, drawing, song, etc is never "completed" enough for me to release it and say "Here, that's the best I can do!". So my creativity stays "inside" for most of time.

InCreator.

Well, that's it.

Mr Flibble

In the games was Rincewind still assistant libriarian at the UU?

A few years ago, some of you (well, Yufster) may remember a guy on lucasforums called Glottis517. Ã, :-[

Then I watched Red Dwarf again when it was on over Christmas and the rest is history.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

veryweirdguy

I have no imagination.

I actually considered changing my nick several times, but I guess lots of people know me as I am now anyways, and they'd probably still refer to me as VWG.

What's in a name anyway? Do you make a judgement on someone based on their name? Obviously the nickname here is something they have specifically chosen, so if it is paticularly 1337 (in the bad way), do you think of them as being.....well.....1337 (in the bad way) before you know them?

If their name is a reference to something vaguely intelligent, do you decide they are a great guy/gal before you see what they are actually like?

In short, does someone's username give a small insight into what they are like & how they should be 'judged' (for want of a better word)?

Discuss.

Mr Jake

ffs, you HAD to say discuss *waits for the attack of DGMacphee*

AgentLoaf

Like most internet folk, I stole my alias.

...what? So sue me!

Pelican

Pelican is the childhood nickname my dad called me by. Now, its usually: 'Oi you, empty dishwasher!' . Lol.

Pelican - > Big mouth - > Never shuts up

Simple. My friends sometimes call me Jobabe (as in, 'alright Jo, babes?'), but I get far too many sexist comments in chatrooms and such, so I prefer to use Pelican.

wyr3x

well, i`m really (my frinds say) wired, and i stay 23 hours per day working on electronic machines, computers, and programming. I add the x, once i saw the matrix (mmm, well, i also saw "K-pax" ,"x-files" ....., )so i  said "well, THE X it`s for me, i`m really wired (for the ones that couldn`t understand):

.->> wires                             +             X            <<-.
  !                                                                               !
  !-- because of computers   - why  must i Xplain ??? !
waiting for the AG of the century .....

edmundito

Here's a dramatization of me in the year 1997... when I was 14 years old:

Me: "I'm on the Internet! Awesome.... Now, I will search for 'Monkey Island'"
*searches (using WebCrawlerâ,,¢, I believe)*
Me: "Ooh! Everyone has a Monkey Island page. I should have one, too!"
LATER:
Me: "Hmm... account name for Geocities? Well, it seems that everyone has an internet name, so maybe I need one..."
Me: "I'm on the internet... and I love Monkey Island.... interNET + MONKEY island... NetMonkey!... YEAH! BEST NAME EV4R!!1"
*Gets too excited and makes the legendary T.D.I.*

And that's the story of my life. When I was on IRC for a while, the server had nick registration and someone had taken NetMonkey, so then I went under the name NetMonkey2000 because a online buddy of mine had made a mIRC script system called MonkeyScript2000... so it was sort of a reference to it.

Somebody used to call me Yeknomten, so that became my alternate nickname after I finally reacquired NetMonkey. Eventually, I thought it looked neat-o-er in lowercase, not because I'm dumb and have no sense of capital letters.

The end. Go home.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Rincewind

Quote from: Mr Flibble on Tue 14/09/2004 19:49:05
In the games was Rincewind still assistant libriarian at the UU?

Yeah, at least I suppose so - It's never really mentioned in-game that he works in the library, though.
Still, the history of the games isn't exactly the same as in the books, so... :)Ã, 

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I have three nicks I go under. redruM is the most common, and don't tell me you don't know it! Even if you've never seen or read "The Shining" it's been victim of quite a few parodies! It means "Murder". If you read my signature and couple it with this, you'll assume I'm a sick bastard. Who knows, I might be.

I also use Schattenjager sometimes in stragne forums, usually Portuguese ones, where NO ONE knows Gabe Knight, and I have to explain, ALL OVER AGAIN, that Gabe Knight is the current Ritter heir and therefore Schattenjager (I think - but did he actually get 3 women to love him purely yet? And what DOES "purely" mean? True love or no sex?)

And last but not least, as it's my MSN nick, Jemima. Who is my avatar, actually. My favorite character in "Cats"!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

PurpleMouse

I've used it in a few places before, don't know why I chose it really.
It was just the first thing I thought of at the time.

Andail

There are quite exactly two threads like this per year, which isn't very strange since so many new members join all the time.

My nick is more or less based on my real name, Andy Dale. A short version, if you will.
Also, if you re-arrange the letters in ANDAIL, you get the name of a certain irish parliament, in irish. 

[Cameron]

I started one of those posts dart linked when I was a n00b. Also my spelings and grammer were crap and that. ;)

Sam.

well. my name comea from my own remedial brain. i was going to the pop aisle in sainsbuirys and i noticed a new brand of fanta. i thought it read zootyfruit. when actually, get this, it said zesty berry. what an interesting insight into the astounding life of sam gray.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Mephistophilis

Em... I thought it was a cool name, Someone on the FoY website started referring to me as Goethe because of it, although I've only read Marlowe's Faust.
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

Oliver

My name is part of my real name:P

my real name is Oliver Rull. So nothing special about it. I'm pretty much in every forum called Oliver, or if Oliver is taken then oliver182. ;)
You got it!

Coming Soon!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk