The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Erenan

Ernest Renan is not the source of my e-sobriquet.

I simply made it up. It was initially the middle name of a fictional character from a novel I was writing. It is now the first name of a fictional character from a novel I am writing.
The Bunker

ginanubismon

I am a digimon for the longest time and all of my names have digimon related names, so that explains the mon half.

Gin means gold, and Anubis just rocks.

So it comes out to: gold Anubis monster.
"I shall call thee, Roger Ellison David Nicouli Etcher Calvin Kevin Sue in honor of what kind of a big jack@$$ you had been to guys like me." ADR -01 Jabberwock Type on fanfiction writers.

Buckethead

gypsysnail

Gypsysnail - lol well I was nicknamed Snail 11 years ago after being silly with a game - some of you being game lovers probably will know this game, Freddy Frontier Pharkas lol. Well the snail stampede that happened on that game, one day I was playing and up to that part when I decided to be silly with my friends and got a snail close up and imitated the cute little foolish snail and my friends said the imitation was so on the mark and the nick has stuck since hehehe. I am odd and proud to be that way :D. Then I went by and still go by the nick rebelsnail (and have a website on this - its down at the moment tho, under reconstruction sorry). Gypsy snail is a recent addition because I love to travel and love all things gypsy, magical spiritual and imaginative ;). But snail is my true trademark hahaha.
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

Dewkiss

I became a spirit fairy with the Site Fights a web site comp group and had to pick a fairy name well I had just got out of the shower and my hubby said I looked Dew Kissed thus I became Dewkiss but he called me dukis most of the time.Ã, 

thewalrus

Well, obviously from the classic Beatles tune I am The Walrus! It happens to be one of my favorite songs by the Fab 4......
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Lionmonkey

I am born in the month of lion and year of monkey (in horoscope), so I made my nickname Lionmonkey.

Creator

In 2005 I started making animations in powerpoint.
Eventually I started calling myself 'The Creator' since I 'created' animations  ;)
(I didn't know spaces were allowed when registering, now I'm just 'Creator')

Stupot

Stupot is the universally accepted nicknsme for Stuart.. which happens to be my real name, if you didn't guess.

Da_Elf

back when i used to play dungeons and dragons i always used to play an elf and when i was making short fantasy films i used to play an elf. (the LOTR type elf not the santa type or the tiny ones who help out the cobbler hehe) So ive had the nickname elf for about 15 years now

Akatosh

Guess where "Akatosh" comes from.

Right, The Elder Scrolls. Picked that nick when Morrowind was brand new and used it since back then.

Dan_N

Ok, I'll play...

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Now, on this planet, in a country which has such a ridiculous name - nobody's ever heard of it anyway -, in a flat in its capital city a small child was born.

That child grew and grew until it was time for kindergarten. Now, during this period the child was attracted by a certain machine called a computer.

The computer wasn't very advanced and permitted the boy to play only silly undeveloped games or write lots of "programming" lines without saving them.

As the boy grew older, he got more and more attracted to games and programming. He wanted to make games. He wanted to write their code from scratch and do their graphics. When the boy reached the age of fifteen and completed 8th grade, a new universe opened up to him: The Internet.

Soon, he discovered AGS and the rest is history. Now, about the name?

Well, when I was a kid, I always put in my projects a generic game company name. Now, since my name was Dan N-(the rest cut out for ridiculous name purposes), I attached to it Games. Hence, Dan N. Games. But since I was an idiot back when I created my nick, I used GameZ... It stuck. I hate it. I want to change it.

I'm thinking of changing it to what my classmates call me... Traffic. But that would probably just confuse the hell out of you guys.

Akatosh

A little out of topic, but that "company name" thing seems to be a major issue. I actually started off with "DraZcomp", for reason which will never be revealed to mankind, and then actually shifted to "Super PixxelZ". I mean, how lame is that? Super PixxelZ! I even have a logo left from these futile ages:
:P :P :P

Luckily, I shifted to "Knollware Entertainment" by now. I'm quite happy with it.

ciborium

It all started when I was looking for a cool name to post on the KQIX site.Ã,  They had just been told by VU that they had to call their game something other than KQIX and they named it The Silver Lining.Ã, 

So I went to an on-line thesaurus and typed in "silver lined" and a really interesting word "ciborium" popped out.Ã,  I then looked up the word and checked Google for pictures to find out what it was.Ã, 

It is aÃ, container that houses comunion bread, which represents the body of Christ. (Okay, okay, it is a Roman Catholic vessel which houses the Eucharist Host Wafer, which when blessed by the Priest is trans-substatiated into the Body of Christ, according to the Catechism.Ã,  But I'm Presbyterian, so I don't believe in trans-substantiation.Ã,  [Let me be anathematized.])Ã,  Anyway, I thought it fitting to take it as my screen name, and use it on all the sites I visit.Ã,  I pray that I can live up to the moniker I have chosen.

BTW,Ã,  I created the picture of one in Blender.Ã,  It's the only thing I've made in Blender that I consider finished.

iPwnzorz

'Tis the name I use on my website.

Stop staring at me I have no idea why I chose it!

Unknown_Terror

Well I got the name Unknown Terror a long time ago.....

I just invented the nickname after long thoughts of what'd be a cool online name for FPS's & RPG's etc.. When i was about 12 i told some people in school about my nickname, and forever since then whenever i'd see them they'd shout "Unknown Terror!!!" After a while they just cut it down to "Unknown" but i thought it was cool anyway.

funnily enough now, when they see my younger brothers they have acquired the names "Little Unknown" & "Tiny Unknown" hehehe which i found quite amusing
"To Live a Perfectly Normal Life, You Must Accept The Fact That Life Will Never Be Normal"

Dualnames

-----
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Milo87

My usual internet alias used to be Sum_Dood2003 (It's my email, to this day), but I kinda got bored with it, so I took up the name one of my Dungeons and Dragons characters had. The 87 is an in-joke with my friends.
To recap: DnD + In-jokes = Milo87!

Medical Waste

THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

Plastic_Worm

Quote from: Medical Waste on Wed 07/03/2007 01:16:06
It's a song.

Would I be safe to assume that your signature is refering to one of the best friggin' albums ever!?

Mine is reference to a small music project I have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk