MAGS July 2002 - Mittens Murder Mystery!

Started by Grundislav, Thu 18/07/2002 03:43:05

Previous topic - Next topic

magintz

do you have the divX codec?

great game grund...... [I found AGA's acting to be the best]. I found it difficult to hear what AGA was saying (unclear voice recording or something) anyway, i thouroughly enjoyed it.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

m0ds

I'm running Win 98se, I've got the DivX codec, and the video works fine in both media player and the game for me.

:)
Mods

Esseb

LGM

What I played looks amazing
Granny is wonderfully animated.. Grund, your helping me with Firewall!! :p

From what I played, everything was great except for 2 things..
The first BG looks a bit blurry, and the security Guard walks like he has a pole up his ass..
You. Me. Denny's.

Nellie

The policeman's walk is the best bit!

I liked this as a novelty game - it was great fun to see, but especially to hear, the AGS regulars.  The multiple endings idea was great, too.  Just one small point - it isn't always obvious who everybody is on the forums for terminally stupid people like me ;).

And what are the other two easter egg endings?  I typed in loads of names before giving up, but none of them produced any surprises.  I want spoilers!

Jay V

Quote from: LilGryphMaster on Sun 21/07/2002 23:22:44From what I played, everything was great except for 2 things..
The first BG looks a bit blurry, and the security Guard walks like he has a pole up his ass..

um . . . he was a police officer . . . . . and police officers sometimes DO have poles up his asses . . . so it made perfect sense to me. :)
got voices?
jasonvoiceover.tk

D · Y · D · O

The game was great. Both the graphics and the voice pack were very nice.

By the way, I have DirectX 8.1, Win XP and the AVI worked fine for me.

Grundislav, I have a question, how do you make a movie from a single image, like you did, simply by zooming in/out or panning across it? What programs did you use for that?
We are number one! All others are number two, or lower. - The Sphinx
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever. - Shane Falco
Instagame (FREE resources for your games!)

cornjob

Hey, I checked it out, and it's great. I like the graphics... too bad we didn't get to see more of the various people's personalities. Anyway, rock on, man.

Sluggo

This game's awesome!  I was up 'till 6:00 in the morning downloading the voice pack, but it was worth it! And I found one of the easter eggs: Accuse Francisco. I couldn't find any others though (and I didn't read this whole thread, so somone may have mentioned others).

cpage

BruisedWeasel

Woohoo! I downloaded that thingy-ma-jigger you recommended, grund, and everything works great!

Now to set aside time for the voice files...

Andail

Haha, that's great...Ghormak did a quite good voice impression of me, but the graphic did me too much a favour; I'm much skinnier than that. Very nice little game anyway.

AGS User

That was ... how should I say ... awesome. Bravo! I just loved accusing the main characters of AGS itself... especially CJ! :) hahaha... loved it... voice makes it even better!! Great work!! Nice graphics!! Keep up the dam good work!!

MachineElf

Hehe, this was cool, although I expected more of a puzzle or something... The Sierra GUI is totally unnecessary as you don't do much except talking and perhaps looking at things.

The character graphics are splendid, but the backgrounds were a little too blurred I think.

Overall a fun experience.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

MillsJROSS

I thought this wasd a well put together game, and grundi, you did a great voice acting job. You really conivinced me, kind of sounded a little bit like Mrs. Doubtfire. It cracked me up. Good job!

-MillsJROSS

agsking

Wow! This game is awsome and I loved the voice acting. I wish I could see the vidio but I don't know where to extract the zip file with the codec thing.

Also, I am having the same prob. as sylpher- the game freezes up after I talk to AGA... The voice gets all screwed up and it frezze.  BTW- the animations are GREAT.

djimmer

Hey,

Cool game! Had a good time playing it.
Just a question: How do you make those intro movies? I mean from animation to AVI?

--djimmer

Grundislav

Thanks for the continuing positive feedback. :)

To answer your question, the intro movie was made with Flash, then exported as an AVI.

Matt Brown

I really liked this game. I was the best animated game I have played with AGS, even better then perminant daylite. The different AGS users bit was funny, allthough it could have been funnier. I liked the voice acting, and the cat bit. I lament the total and utter lack of puzzles, and the logicness of the actual mystery, but who cares?? I liked it!
word up

monkeyman1138

I also get the talking to AGA bug but the difference is I don't have te voice pack,Any ideas?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk