Escape From Evergreen Forest. Completed Version now Released!

Started by Barbarian, Fri 24/09/2004 19:17:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbarian

Hi guys. Just to let you all know (if interested) that I've uploaded my game with a few small fixes, so it's now EFEF Version 1.2 . Most of the fixes include some corrections of a few spelling mistakes that snuck in during the creation of the game, some minor adjustments to a couple of descriptions when looking at certain things, and a fix of a small bug in which it was possible to get a "duplicate lantern" during a certain part of the game. Also, as many people were having a hard time to find the "hole" in the tree, I've added a "glint / glimmer" animation that will now appear there every so often to help draw attention to the spot.

It's nice to know that people are actually downloading and enjoying my game, and thank you everyone for the positive feedback and constructive critisism. I will take it all into consideration when working on future projects, and of course your positive comments give me much inspiration to work on creating more games.

InCreator:
Thanks for comments. Well, I did try the game in anti-glide mode, but for the released version I decided to go with "glide mode" for a couple of reasons. In anti-glide mode, the character movements appeared a bit "choppy". Also, I seen my game run on an older/slower computer, and when the setting was in anti-glide mode (even with all other options set for maximum performance), the character speed was painfully slow. Once I switched over to "glide mode", the character speed was much improved on the slower system.

Also, yes, I'm a real "nOOb" when it comes to drawing/editing art, I'm nowheres near as skillful as someone such as you when it comes to that (I've seen some of your wonderful art, and you have much talent *salutes*), and also as this was my first Adventure Game project, I figured people would be a bit forgiving that the art in the game was a bit "inconsistant" or "not professional looking" at times. I will try to do a better job with future projects, or perhaps sometimes I can teamup with someone who is better in art skills than me.Ã,  ;)

Still I hope that beyond a few of those problems with my first game that, overall, people that play the game will enjoy the experience and have fun with exploring my game.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Phemar

Lovely game so far...

Spoiler
How to get rid of medusa? I tried using mirror on here and all...
I have the crystal, Lantern, Potion thing... and flute. Help?
[close]

Barbarian

Greetings once again Adventurers.
A couple of more things to mention about my Escape From Evergreen Forest game.

*Note: It was brought to my attention of a problem in the game that I missed that can "crash / lock-up" the game. If you open the Inventory window (your Back-Pack), and if you try to interact with the main playing area again before clicking the "OK" button of the Inventory window to close it first, the game may "crash / lock-up" on you. I'm sorry for this error, so for now, please keep in mind while playing to always click the "OK" button of the Inventory window to close it first before trying to interact with the main playing area again. Thanks for understanding.Ã,  ( If the game does ever "lock-up" on you, you can always use the "Alt" with "X" key combination to force an exit from the game. )

*Walkthrough and Fun Fact Guide now online.
If you get desperately stuck, and have tried everything you can think of but can't continue, or perhaps you've already completed the game, but you can't figure out how to get a perfect score (which would then unlock the Bonus Adventure with Indy), and you can't figure out where the missing points are, then you can now check out the EFEF Walkthrough over at my site: www.adventure.easyurl.org , From the "Games" page there, you will see a link for the "Walkthrough".

Ã,  Ã, Okay, I hope that everyone has been enjoying my game so far. I've gotten back lots of positive feedback and some good constructive critisism too that I will keep in mind when I work on future projects. If you've given my game a play-through and if you have not done so yet, of course it would be nice if you gave me a vote on the AGS Games page where my game info is at:
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=450

and/or post up a few comments here and let me know what you thought as well. Many thanks, and I'll soon be working on more projects.Ã,  :)

PS: In just 1 week of my game being up, I've already had over 600 downloads of it :oÃ, 
Thanks for the interest everyone.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

Krazy

There is some quality about this game which I find great but I can't quite put my finger on it. I can't wait for your next game  :)
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Alla

Its my favorit Game! Absolutely awsome!!!!!
Download it fast and enjoy...So ,so nice ...Thanks for giving me pleasure to play this fantastic Game..

Barbarian

Thanks for such positive comments everyone. It's nice to know that people seemed to really enjoy my first adventure game.

I've got some good ideas I've been kicking around for my next project, and I'm getting some things planned out for it now. It will be a different story / settings / characters than my first game, but I think it will be interesting and enjoyable for fans of Adventure games.

I will strive to make my next project to the best quality that I'm able to (keep in mind, I'm still much an "amateur" at all of this making-adventure-games stuff)Ã,  ;)

jen

Hi! Ã, I like your game, but everytime I get to the part at the bridge, and the wizard tries to show his power, I get the following error....

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x10001D91 ; program pointer is +1099, ACI version 2.62.758, gtags (0,0)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum.

(Global script line 167)

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.
OK Ã, 

Please help!!

Barbarian

Hi Jen. That's a strange bug that I think only occurs rarely and only on some systems. I think it's an incompatibility with the "rain plugin" that is used at that part in the game when the Wizard wants to show off his power, then he makes it rain, then some Lightning bolts destroy the bridge. I thought that problem was fixed, but you're the first to report that the problem still can occur. I really don't know how to fix the problem, but I can offer a couple of suggestions.

Try to start a new game, and then try going to the bridge before anything else and see if you can get through that scene.

If not, then here is a link to a save game file that is immediately after the scene where the Wizard detroys the bridge. Put the file in the same folder where the EFEF game is stored on your computer:
Right-Click Here and Save Target/File As... to download the savegame file that is immediately past the bridge-destroy scene.

This savegame file, the only thing that is done really is talking with the Wizard and choosing the right dialog option that gives you one point, then the Wizard destroys the bridge, says a few more mean words how he plans to un-leash his wrath on the near-by towns (one of them being your hometown), then he walks away.Ã,  Anything else in the game you'll need to go back and do it from this point on.

Let me know what solution works for you (Either restarting a new game and trying to go through the bridge-scene right away, or using the savegame file I've provided).

Jen

Thanks!  I went back and restarted and went to the bridge first, and it worked!

lakerz

Just finished up playing the game.  I was a bit worried as I also encountered the crash at the bridge scene.  However starting over and doing it first worked for me too.

Escape From Evergreen Forest is very fun!  I'm posting at 1:30AM as the game was addictive, I didn't want to sleep before getting to the end.  I didn't score perfect though, so I will have to go back and see where I missed points.  :P  I thought the graphic style was pretty unique, although during some of the effects some of the objects had some strange looking pixel effect.  Hard to explain exactly what happened. 

Anyways, excellent job!

Doctor Oakroot

Great game. I'm part way through - a little more than half way based on the score - and stuck. :) But I'll get it eventually.

Finished, but only 58 points. Gotta go back and try again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk