Principles of Evil - ANIMATIONS!!!

Started by ola_66, Sun 26/09/2004 07:02:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ola_66

Quote from: Artphreak555 on Wed 29/09/2004 23:02:18
I would assume that if i chose the wrong instrument from the dentist that i should be able to return it/exchange it

I agree that's why I made that possible. Or at least I thought I had. what you do is:
Spoiler
put it in the acid, only to find its burnt, then give it to the dentist.
Just giving him the instrument doesn't work as far as I can remember, and it probably should have.
[close]
  Another bit I was too lazy to code I think  :-\
Might fix that one day.

prowler

cool game... you should've put more work into the animations and fine tuning some things (such as certain walkbehinds).

also i enjoy games better when they have a custom interface that allows the player to identify the items underneath the cursor.

sadly, i'm far ( i think) from finishing the game, but i'm not giving up yet.

by the way, i'm in love with the girl in your avatar! is it you?   :-*

Nostradamus

Very cool game. Great grpahics, puzzles and story.
I need some help:
Spoiler
How do I release the dog?  I have the yeast, acid, salt & coppers
[close]

shbaz

Nostradamus:
Spoiler
Maybe you should check out a book back home..
[close]
and if that doesn't help..
Spoiler
What beverage are Germans famous for?  8)
[close]

I finished it the other day and thought it was a great game but..
Spoiler
Grain has to be ground before you can ferment it, I was racking my brain trying to figure out a way to do it before I finally just put it in there.

What was the deal with the salt? One book mentioned using it to cook but I never figured out a way to use the stove, she just wanted to leave. Maybe something you're saving for chapter 2?
[close]

Main character = hotness.

Looking forward to #2, I was dissapointed when I found out that it wasn't the complete story.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

ola_66

Sorry bout your troubles... didn't know about the grinding.  Obviously the process has been greatly simplified; prolly in more ways than one...

Quote from: shbazjinkens on Sat 02/10/2004 00:17:30
Spoiler
What was the deal with the salt? ...Maybe something you're saving for chapter 2?
[close]

...;)...

InCreator

Looks great so far... haven't played very far yet.

A bug!
When trying to go to balcony (or wherever that door at the bedroom leads to) - there's some problems with walk-behind area: some of railing & plants cover character.

** starting game again **

prowler

i've encountered the same bug, but didn't think about restarting the game...

ola, you haven't answered my question  ::)

ola_66

Quote from: prowler on Sat 02/10/2004 22:46:08
ola, you haven't answered my question  ::)

lol. does avatar refer to that little piccy thing?  ...yeah that's me  :-[

I think when the door opens, i had a pic with a piece of the door still showing, hence the walk behind.  however, i must have accidentaly at some point stuck in a version with both door layers invisible.  will fix when i have time.

Edwin Xie

Is there any way you can compress this game any further? I would love to play the game but I got a slow modem.... :(
Edit: Great game, I downloaded.... it took one hour and some minutes.
Edit2: What's the problem here?:
---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x004C4C0C ; program pointer is +1099, ACI version 2.60.698, gtags (0,9)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum.

(Global script line 50)

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.
OK   

It happened when I clicked on some kind of snake or that pig thing.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Just nitpicking here, but using the yeast on the girl (which I did because, incidently, I had no idea it WAS yeast, it could have been made clearer), I think you used a ROOM message, not a GLOBAL message, because I get nonsensical answers, and each is different according to the room.
Also, what's that blue line on top of the GUI? It's pretty distracting.

Frankly, now that I've had the time to actually play it, I think it's a pity that the great graphics aren't supported by great animations. Imagine the animation of the girl picking up that poodle and putting it in her pocket! Or even, the dog moving at all.

Also, did you get my PM?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

woodz

this is the first game i played since i've rejoined and its been well worth it! love the art work ;D

Quotelol. does avatar refer to that little piccy thing?  ...yeah that's me  :-[
why do pretty women do that?! :P

shbaz

Quote from: woodz on Wed 13/10/2004 13:40:10
Quotelol. does avatar refer to that little piccy thing?  ...yeah that's me  :-[
why do pretty women do that?! :P

H.. Hey!  >:(
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Edwin Xie

OMG, People are going for this woman rather than post about the game! :o
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

qptain Nemo

Quote from: redruM on Sun 03/10/2004 09:05:09
Just nitpicking here, but using the yeast on the girl (which I did because, incidently, I had no idea it WAS yeast, it could have been made clearer), I think you used a ROOM message, not a GLOBAL message, because I get nonsensical answers, and each is different according to the room.
Also, what's that blue line on top of the GUI? It's pretty distracting.

Frankly, now that I've had the time to actually play it, I think it's a pity that the great graphics aren't supported by great animations. Imagine the animation of the girl picking up that poodle and putting it in her pocket! Or even, the dog moving at all.

Also, did you get my PM?
Yeah, game is great but I agree that there are needed some improvements.
And one of main character's sprites contains some white pixels at the edge.

EKM

Nice, this game was pretty good...a bit choppy since there isn't really animation but I like it. Haha, I went into the dance with the geek and the girl said, "Eww, what is that? throw it back where it came from" or something along those lines...yep, pretty funny stuff.

Anyway, I can't wait till part 2. The main character is pretty funny, reminds me of a girl I used to know once.

Oh yeah, I love the graphics...

Potch

Hi.. cool game.  Is there a walkthrough?  If not...

Spoiler
I'm also having trouble freeing the dog.  I put the yeast in the big jar, but it keeps saying something is missing.  Frustrated!!!
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

EKM

Quote from: Potch on Fri 22/10/2004 23:22:26
Hi.. cool game.Ã,  Is there a walkthrough?Ã,  If not...

Spoiler
I'm also having trouble freeing the dog.Ã,  I put the yeast in the big jar, but it keeps saying something is missing.Ã,  Frustrated!!!
[close]

Hmm...

Spoiler
If you're out in the wheat field, there will be a piece of wheat hanging outside in front of the fence by the far end to the right, close to the village. Yank that as tha's your missing ingredient to put into the jar.
[close]

sunshinegold

Can anyone tell me how I can get instrument at dentist's office ???

I tried every tool on the right panel, specially the 1st one and all I get is a long message with 'saliva'.  I have the acid but whenever I try to use it it says something like 'not with my fingers......' ???  I'm at the point where dentist still has bad breath.

I have acid, 3 coins, coupon for make-over, salt, 2 knives.

I still could not get in 'party room' (bottom left) and 'school' and grate, and 3rd room next to fortune teller.

Also never managed to do anything with lizard.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is a great game.  I like it when I have different rooms to visit and play in. :)

EKM

Quote from: sunshinegold on Mon 25/10/2004 02:47:18

I tried every tool on the right panel, specially the 1st one and all I get is a long message with 'saliva'.Ã,  I have the acid but whenever I try to use it it says something like 'not with my fingers......' ???Ã,  I'm at the point where dentist still has bad breath.

I still could not get in 'party room' (bottom left) and 'school' and grate, and 3rd room next to fortune teller.

This is a great game.Ã,  I like it when I have different rooms to visit and play in. :)

Spoiler
Um...you need to go to the candy store and buy mint gum which is on the right, in front of the cashier. Then you need to give the Dentist the gum so that he chews it and gives you tools to choose. Pick the spoon. Also remember to grab yourself a piece of wheat which is in front of the wheatfield on the right, in front of the fence. It's closer to the village side. Once you have that, you go home and mix in the wheat into the jar with the yeast. Hope that helps.
[close]

sunshinegold

Quote from: Everglaze on Mon 25/10/2004 11:55:44
Quote from: sunshinegold on Mon 25/10/2004 02:47:18

I tried every tool on the right panel, specially the 1st one and all I get is a long message with 'saliva'.Ã,  I have the acid but whenever I try to use it it says something like 'not with my fingers......' ???Ã,  I'm at the point where dentist still has bad breath.

This is a great game.Ã,  I like it when I have different rooms to visit and play in. :)

Spoiler
Um...you need to go to the candy store and buy mint gum which is on the right, in front of the cashier. Then you need to give the Dentist the gum so that he chews it and gives you tools to choose. Pick the spoon. Also remember to grab yourself a piece of wheat which is in front of the wheatfield on the right, in front of the fence. It's closer to the village side. Once you have that, you go home and mix in the wheat into the jar with the yeast. Hope that helps.
[close]

Thanks, 

I got the gum =  the spoon.  Dip it in acid and gave it to dentist.

NOW WHAT ???

I already did the beer thing with the wheat. 

I am still stuck and I feel so stupid. :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk