Principles of Evil - ANIMATIONS!!!

Started by ola_66, Sun 26/09/2004 07:02:51

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLOTS

Quote from: sunshinegold on Tue 26/10/2004 03:01:06
Thanks, 

I got the gum =  the spoon.  Dip it in acid and gave it to dentist.

NOW WHAT ???

I already did the beer thing with the wheat. 

I am still stuck and I feel so stupid. :-[

Here's a hint
Spoiler
Wasn't there somewhere that the main character said she couldn't use her hands for it?
[close]
And if that's too cryptic
Spoiler
Use the spoon you got from the dentist on the beaker of acid and then use the acid on the grate outside
[close]

ola_66

QuoteImagine the animation of the girl picking up that poodle and putting it in her pocket!

Its now in the game!  A bit jagged, but I tried. :)

Dave Gilbert

Just checked this out.  Hard to believe I completely missed this game when it was first posted.  Excellent graphics and fun to play (even though I'm stuck).  Like the others, I do wish there was more animation to back up the beautiful graphics, but for a first effort it's amazing.  I'm very much looking forward to what else you come up with.

linus

I played the game for the first time about a month ago and I already enjoyed the old version. :) I wouldn't call it a half-assed job, it was just a little rough around the edges, the content was first class. I just replayed it and I love the new interface and animations (especially Rogi picking up the dog).

If I may suggest two (or actually three) little things which could further improve your great game:
- The inventory and the text boxes still don't fit the game. As you see them a lot in the game, it would make  a huge difference if they were in a design resembling the one of the menu. The font could be a bit gnarly or serifed. If you want to continue the story in a sequel anyway, the work put in improving the interface will pay off doubly.
- While the cursors really look great and black really fits the main character, the different cursors are a bit hard to tell from each other on some of the darker backgrounds. Maybe you could do something similar to what you did in the menus (black "frames" and colored background).

Just my two cents. Keep it up! ;)

BTW are you a team now? Because in earlier posts you spoke in first person singular and now it's "we went back" in the edited first post.

EKM

This is one of my favorite adventure games on here.

It's awesome how you went back and did the animations! now I definitely can't wait for part II...:)

Travis

Excellent game :) I havn't finished it yet, but I already know its one of the more professional looking AGS games, I deffinately put it up there with the apprentice games.

ola_66

Thanks for the nice comments guys!  :)

Quote from: linus on Sun 02/01/2005 23:26:25
BTW are you a team now? Because in earlier posts you spoke in first person singular and now it's "we went back" in the edited first post.

I work with my sister.  We both make the story.  Generally, I do the programming and graphics, while she does the music, but really there's a lot of overlap.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I know there's still a few holes, but it's helpful to find out which ones strike the player as most annoying!  :)

splat44

This game is quite an improvements.

You've mention in your original post some regarding a new room?
What room would that be?

I do recall playing before without any problems.

What I didn't remember is there will part 2?

I'm looking forward to that.

If you planning using same interface in 2nd part, I would recommend using bright color to mouse's cursor.

Once again, game well done.

Cain

Just finished it, great work !  As I wrote in  the comment you should add more wacky dialogue to the supporting charcters, they really look the part :-)

BTW guys, you really should vote on the main site for a game you finished and enjoyed, with more than 400 titles the score and the comments are often the only things you can look at in order to decide if getting the game or not, if you are not a regular...

ola_66

linus,  I've just made a custom inventory screen, but I can't figure out how to change the "Save" and "Restore" screens...
I tried the cursor thing.. adding colour under the outlines.. Looks better but still confusing.. I might re-do them altogether.

splat44, I don't want to give too much away, but to save you clicking time, the new room is inside the Swamp Castle.  ;)

SSH

Quote from: ola_66 on Sun 09/01/2005 18:02:54
linus,  I've just made a custom inventory screen, but I can't figure out how to change the "Save" and "Restore" screens...

http://www.twin-design.com/agsezine/9/tutorial.cfm

linus

Yes, exactly what I had hoped for :D By now you have the hottest interface I've ever seen in an independent adventure game!

I wonder why there are so few downloads so far :( The game really deserved more attention.

I'd enjoy translating the game into German. Just PM me if you're interested.

Ize

I still believe that chick looks a lot like your avatar.
Feel the Ize!

calacver

Brilliant game! Can't believe I only heard of it so late. I hate comparisons, but my favourite game made by a girl! Really great game with awesome graphics!

Darkmaster400

Hehe, I havent tried it but it looks good with the cartoony look...
Altho I did a small watch at the 2nd, which surprised me....
The second one looks like the modern game development from its resolution on the image, It also looks like a little cartoony bit in the 2nd one...

Keep working  ;) im impressed...  ;D
Games Process :
---------------------
Mick Fitz Episode 1 :

Story : |----------| 0 %
Graphics : |----------| 10 %
Sound/Music : |---------| 10 %
Scripting : |----------| 0 %

----------------------------------------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk