A Tale Of Betrayal - Walk-Thru Now Available

Started by AGS-GD, Tue 28/09/2004 10:07:43

Previous topic - Next topic

AGS-GD

Betrayed by your own Ogres …

Bound to your own ship …

Destined to the very unknown …

[/b]

What happened? Why? How will you save your soul of what is destined to be?

Do you posses the wit and wisdom to prevail over this fantasy adventure?

Play A Tale Of Betrayal now and unveil the answers yourself!

Featuring:

- Multiple Endings
- Verb Coin Interface
- Challenging Puzzles
- (640 * 480) Hi-Resolution Scenes
- More than 7,000 words in Dialogue and Descriptions

Download: http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=453

Walkthru (pdf): http://ranihasan.atspace.com/Walkthru.pdf
Walkthru (doc): http://ranihasan.atspace.com/Walkthru.pdf

Yvonne

HOW do you play this game?!?!
How do you perform actions?

Phemar

I think it's a verbcoin. Hold your mouse over a hotspot and hold the mouse button. Move over the wanted action.

Problem

I really feel stupid, I'm stuck right at the beginning:

Spoiler
I just can't get rid of that barrel. All I could do was to make a scratch into the stripe. I have no idea what to do now, I think I tried everything. Maybe I overlooked something?
[close]

Yvonne

Thanks to "can't remember my name" about the verbcoin suggestion.

Problem, after you've made the scratch, interact with the rope and you will cut it on the scratch.

Chicky

Hey, thanks for the email.

im downloading now :D

Problem

I just completed it. It was great, you did a good job. The only thing that I didn't like was the walking animation, that could be improved. But everything else was very good. The graphics are fantastic.

Now there are 5 MAGS entrys this month, and all of them are good ones. It will be hard to decide, for which entry I will vote.

Sinitrena

I am stuck. I feel really stupid.
Spoiler
I've got ring, pin, candle, sticky mirror and appelear. I don't know what to do. I just can't get past Shnigle. Please give me a hint.
[close]

AGS-GD

Hi Sinitrena,

Spoiler

There is a knot -that you can interact with- next to one of the ladder steps, which is a bit hard to spot! I hope this would shed a light! If not read below.
[close]

Spoiler

Have you tried throwing the applear on Shnigle! Won't he be looking all over for you! Which implies that he'll be going down to check on you! If you still didn't figure it out read below.
[close]

Spoiler

If you trap the ladder by removing the knot, and throw the applear afterwards Shingle would come down and check! -watch the nice little cut-scene-
[close]

Hope that helped!

DPortal13

:D :) ;) ;D :D ;) :)

Waaaaaaaaaw man that was a cool game.....

even though i'm still imagining different happy end like:

after 10 years he will
Spoiler
be still alone on the graveyard area, but with lot's of kids from his beloved wife the beautiful mermaid  :P ;D ;D ;D :P
[close]

Great Job man.....

Vespr

I like this game. The main character is very cute and there is some nice whimsical humour there. :) The backgrounds are lovely and the puzzles are thoughtful and challenging. The only objection I have is the length of the game (I want more!) and the limited animation (talking animation is missing, some of the cutscenes could have been animated). But those are small things! Overall, very enjoyable.

AGS-GD

Vespr, DPortal13 and problem, thanks guys for the amazing feedback :)

DPortal13, that was a creative happy end, why haven't I thought about it before ...

Vespr, next time, next tale, I'll be making it much longer, and I'll try to deal with all the suggestions and comments you had on this game! And of course I hope that there will be much more animations!

Problem, the walking animation in the next update of this game will be -hopefully- re-made, and for the next tales it's be much smoother as well. I'm glad you liked the graphics that much "The graphics are fantastic" :)

Sinitrena, did you manage to win the game?

Now the question for those who won the game!

Spoiler

Did you manage to get Ali back home? It's the happy end of the game, and I just want to know how many did actually manage to find it!

Please don't put un-tagged spoilers, to add a spoiler you have to tag it like this:

[ hide] Your Spoiler Here [ /hide] // no spaces ofcourse inside the tag
[close]

Mike

Nice drawings, nice story and plot, BUT - for me - a hateful interface.
The inventory hangs, it takes a long time to get rid of an active item, to get the description, not to mention how long it takes to move. The verrbcoin was a bad idea. All in all - very annoying.

AGS-GD

Mike, I'm so sorry you didn't like the interface; having to deliver the game on time -I only had 4 weeks to do the whole thing by myself-.

I'll be releasing a newer version that would deal with all the -a bit harsh comments- you made :) -I know commercial games done in two years with interfaces that were really annoying-.

On the bright side I'm glad you liked the drawings, story and plot :) -which is what I really care about most-. With interface being re-done I'm sure the over all experience will be much better :)

Still people like Vespr, DPortal13, problem had different and enjoying experience :)

Sinitrena

Yeah, I managed to finish the game. The knot was really difficult to find, but after your hint I found it.
But I wasn't able to finish the game with a happy ending. I have an idea that
Spoiler
it might have something to do with the grave of James Hetfield 'cause it's the only grave that is named and you can't open with the shovel. Am I right, or if I am not right could you give me a hint how to finish the game with a happy end?
[close]

And now what I think about your game:
The backgrounds are great, just great. Very well done. But, as was allready said, the walking animation isn't that great. It really needs a bit of improvement. I don't mean that it's a bad animation. It would be OK if the backgrounds where worse drawn (I hope you understand what I mean).
And I liked the picture of the dragon. It look a bit familier (sp). Did you draw it by yourself?
The "coin" interface was very nice. It looked very good, but it was a little bit annoying. I liked the look but not how it worked.
Spoiler
And the MAGS joke made me really laugh
[close]

Overall: A very good game. I want more!

AGS-GD

Thanks for your review of the game Sinitrena, I'm glad to see more people enjoying their time by playing the game.

As for the happy end, check you PM.

Spoiler

James Hetfield grave was actually an easter egg, James Hetfield is Metallica's -a heavy metal band- vocalist, and in one of Metallica's songs -Wherever I May Roam- he says "Curved upon my stone, where I lay my head is home ...". Now If you look at the grave's stone for James Hetfield it will say "Where I lay my head is home" ...
[close]

I'm happy that someone finally noticed the MAGS joke :)
Spoiler

"... By the order of the Mouldy Ancient Graveyards Satan (MAGS) ..."
[close]

Babar

Great Game AGS-GD. But there is something I thought maybe you can improve if you make a newer version:
Spoiler

When I read TO's diary I also thought to dig up on the cliff, but when I checked, I saw that there is no hotspot (no name came underneath), so I thought there is nothing there. Thus I ended with the sad ending and did not know how to get the happy ending until I checked the hints you gave. Maybe it would be easier if you put some hotspot name like "floor" or "ground" or "cliff", so that it can be known that you might be able to do something there
[close]
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

AGS-GD

Thanks a lot Babar,

I'm so delighted to see more people enjoying the game and thinking it's "great" ...

Out of all the great and encouraging feedback I got, one review of the game made me extremely happy and that's a review by the great and beloved Geoffkhan creator of Apprentice I and II.

Not only Geoffkhan have liked my game! But also said that it's a must-play.

Baber, your suggestions will surely make it to the updated version of the game which I'll be releasing soon -maybe next week-.

AGS-GD

JBiker51

This is an excellent piece of work. But there's just one problem; I can't do a damn thing with the coin interface! I love everything else, so PLEASE come out with a version without the coin interface! Or, even better, you could make a version with an OPTION to choose between the coin interface or no. Also, I have one other problem: How do you save and quit? To exit out, I had to resort to control alt delete. Keep up the good work!
-JBiker51
"Never leave a penguin unattended" -Weebl and Bob

Alla

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk