ABDUCTED: 10 MINUTES!!!

Started by aussie, Fri 08/10/2004 15:35:19

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie

After awhile of inactivity, AussieSoftTM proudly presents...Ã,  ;D

PLOT

You play Detective Michael Ebb, from the City Police. Back in 1974, while working for the International Police, you sent a bunch of terrorists to jail.

One day, watching the news at home, the bulletin is interrupted with an important message for you: the terrorists are back to haunt you!!!

They've got your 20 year old daugther and threaten to kill her in ten minutes. As there's no time to assemble a rescue squad, you head over to the place where the terrorists were last seen in a desperate rescue attempt.

FEATURING

- A thrilling storyline.
- Non-stop action.
- Countdown gameplay.
- 900kb of entertainment.
- A total of 25 rooms.
- Spectacular music and sound effects!
- 10 characters.
- About 100 Global VariablesÃ,  :P
- 320x200 Res.
- Different ways of solving certain puzzles.
- A super-simple user interface.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.geocities.com/abd10min

http://www.geocities.com/pedro_scribe2004/

OTHER STUFF

- Feel free to report any bugs here, although I think I've done a fairly good work with beta testing.

- You might know what Geocities is like in terms of data transfer and so forth. If you can't access the page because the bandwidth limit has been exceeded, the page should be back up within one hour. I've made two very simple pages so as to maximise traffic.

- If you're a kind and compassionate soul willing to host the game for me until I get a proper domain. By all means let me know.

- Even if the game has to be completed within 10 minutes, I think it'll take a few attempts (you can, and most likely will, get killed in this game) before you finish it.

- Since it's 25 rooms and 10 characters all up, it's posted in the Medium Length section.

<EDIT>
Most reported bugs have been fixed and the new version of the game uploaded as of 15/10/2004.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Blade

I've downloaded it. Your post looks promising.
Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

InCreator

Huh. Looks good, really good. Plot sounds pretty promising and interesting enough too.
There's some tiny bugs which I encountered already, though, such as:
Spoiler

* Caretaker's door can also be locked with broomstick, despite game says that it was done with key
* Caretaker's door can be opened and closed many times and get points for each time
* Some logical bugs, such as walking through 7 floors by stairs in only 1 second?
* ah, the "unhandled event" is really annoying.
[close]

Also, it's bad that intro cannot be skipped (or is there way?)
And "look" function, which should be most important in any game (remember AGI games?) - is absolutely useless here... :(

Well, I'll update my post, whenever I have figured out how to
Spoiler

Get to the seveth floor without getting shot...
- I unplugged intercom
- locked door & cuffed/searched caretaker downstairs
- have wallet, gun, key and stick
- can't figure out why in the hell in this otherwise hotspot-poor game there are ads on the wall and cracks in the corridor?

[close]

pftgb

Amazing game so far, just thought I'd let you know about a little bug I came across. It's in the storage room above the hallway with the elevator. After I hid behind the pillar, and the masked man came in looking for me, I tried to interact with the locked door, and the player character walked past the masked man and over to the door, without the masked man shooting me. Just thought I'd let you know, and I'm really enjoying the game.

BlackMan890

how many colors are there? if it is 256 col, would you like to create a DOS version for me?
also how big is the game?
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

Moox

Yo!

;-)

I just keep dying on by the guy....

:-\

Mr Jake

mirror: Here!

Ill go and play and edit with my comments :)

crazyman

The game is great,i just finished it.But i found some bugs,
Spoiler
1.When you find the bomb and go back to his daughter,he says that the tape is still on her mouth.2.the hotspot for the door is to small,i had to pixelhunt to go trough the door.
[close]
Other than that this a GREAT game.

Dennis Ploeger

Yay!

Finished it. Great game.

I also think, that there are some things to note. Take a look:

Spoiler
- The hotspot for the door in the last scene is REALLY too small. I was shortly before saying "Hey, why did he put a door there if I can't get through it...".
- The game is way too dark. I've seen the handcuffs, but I did not see the wallet and the gun in the glove compartment!!!
- Another logical mistake: The room, where the terrorists hide has a window to the right, but when you're outside there are two other rooms right of it ;-)
[close]
deep

evilspacefart

Haven't finished yet, but like the other aussie games, I like the style.  8)

Edwin Xie

Wow, great game, however I can't get past the terrorist near the 7th floor lift...... I think you get your gun ready in the elevator.......but there's that wait cursor....
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

ras_maxim

Bug report:
Spoiler
Caretaker's door can be opened with ANY item
[close]
Also I am stuck:
Spoiler
How to get on 7th floor not being shot?
[close]

crazyman

Spoiler
In the elevator look at the manhole at the top
[close]

Spoiler
Use stick with manhole
[close]

aussie_unplugged

Thanks for all those comments fellows.

I don't have much time to reply right now, but as I gather the bugs you've found are fairly small. I'll get those fixed.

BTW, sorry about that pixelhunt people are speaking about. It wasn't meant to be like that. I'll make the region a bit bigger.

Edwin Xie

Stick? Where do you get the stick?
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Goot

The stick is
Spoiler
in the caretaker's room. It's actually a broken brookstick. It's a black object in the corner.
[close]

Edwin Xie

:o The caretaker got me by suprise!

InCreator

Completed it!
Aussie, I think that the game has lots of potential.
Just maybe you could really finish it, go through beta testing and support whole game with text, making whole stuff more informative and interesting.

Also an extra music track or two wouldnt bad.

Add messages to hotspots & inventory items and try to think about The Player, thus supporting even actions that aren't needed to perform

Right now you can examine & use & talk ONLY to the things needed to finish the game and ONLY the right way. I think that this sad fact totally ruins exploration part and makes game somewhat cramped and dull.

ggp

Im really enjoying the game, but am stuck;
Spoiler
Ive used the pole with the hatch, and when get to 7th floor try to get into the storage room but it's locked, and the key i found with the caretaker wont work. I then 'creak' the floorboards and get shot. How do i get into the storage room ?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk