Fortress of Wonders

Started by Skio, Mon 18/10/2004 20:58:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Skio

Ã,  Ã, Finally, after months of developing and months of uploading problems (believe me), my first AGS adventure game << FORTRESS of WONDERS >> is available!!!

Ã,  Ã, It's all about a brave barbarian girl off to save the kingdom from a demonic threat. Legions of dragons, undead, ghosts and other horrors will stand in her way, and powerful magics will aid her in her quest!

Ã,  Ã, You will find it in my website:Ã,  Ã,  http://members.lycos.co.uk/skiovatis/
Please forgive me for the troublesome download but I had no choice. ENJOY!!!

Some screenshots:

Î'νδρων Επιφανων Πασα Î"η ΤαφοÏ,

deltamatrix

Looks interesting :)

Downloading......
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

Gregjazz

Not only looks interesting, but looks cool, too!

Also downloading..

splat44

I'm actullly playing it and it great.

Excellent work

Goot

I downloaded but when I run the .ace file, nothing happens. I have downloaded all 6 files to the same directory, and I've tried opening the .ace file with winzip, after it wouldn't open by itself. (That didn't work.) What's the problem here?  ???

splat44

Quote from: Goot on Tue 19/10/2004 03:43:03
I downloaded but when I run the .ace file, nothing happens. I have downloaded all 6 files to the same directory, and I've tried opening the .ace file with winzip, after it wouldn't open by itself. (That didn't work.) What's the problem here?Ã,  ???

I've use winar and everything is working.

Barbarian

Goot, I don't think Winzip support's "ace" formats, so you may need to get another utility to allow you to uncompress it. A goot free utility (it's one that I use) that supports most common compression formats is IZarc: http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/izarc.htm
Once you uncompress the file that is in "ace" format, put all of the files together in the same folder.

Skio: I played it for a little while, looks interesting so far. Ã, Only a few minor things that I think could be improved on such as correcting the odd spelling mistake, or adding mouse-activated GUI's (such as inventory) rather than needing to hunt down the right keys during game play. Ã, Still, overall, you've done a good job. Congrats on your first game!
Now, I'm off to find the missing King. Ã, ;)
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

splat44

I just finish entire game.

Interesting I say!

simian

I just finished it too and I liked it. :)

deltamatrix

well I ain't finished it but I like the sprites even if they are rips.

Shame that they don't blend well with the backgrounds.

Game is OK. I really like the music. You didn't rip that too did you?! :o
One think that really bugs me is you using the default AGS font which just don't work in 640x400.
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

splat44

Quote from: deltamatrix on Tue 19/10/2004 18:49:28
well I ain't finished it but I like the sprites even if they are rips.

Shame that they don't blend well with the backgrounds.

Game is OK. I really like the music. You didn't rip that too did you?! :o
One think that really bugs me is you using the default AGS font which just don't work in 640x400.

Well, I have setting set at 640x400 and it work. Perhalps, it's your monitor problem as far I can tell.

I hope you are enjoying the game.

deltamatrix

Theres nothing wrong with my monitor. Its just the font. You should change it for a better lookin one ;)

Skio

Thank you all guys for your support. I had been anxious that my efforts would prove fruitless, but I'm glad you have shown interest in my project.

I'm glad you liked FOW. This gives me the will to continue AGSing!!!

What did you like best in the game? Any favourite characters, scenes, quotes, puzzles etc??? Any bugs or faults? Any weak points?

THANK YOU ALL!

splat44

Hi,

Game is excellent, I haven't found any faults or bugs.

I certainly hope there will be a sequel.

AlbinoPanther

Ura tako treba da se prave avanture! Samo napred.
Enough speaking on Serbian, Just beautifull!!! Downloading...
I will come back with more impressions later!!!

Nostradamus

This is a really great game with a grest story, good puzzles and good graphics. And I love how use from some of my favorite bands like Manowar, Rhapsody and Avantasia.. keep up the great work!

Also I need help:
Spoiler
I need to get the eye of the dragon and in order to do that I need to enter the waters of the ocean. But how do I do that?    Also, can't do anything in the dungeon, I guess something should be done with the hole to open the not-so-hidden door but can't figure out what.
[close]

autowil

Quote from: Nostradamus on Fri 05/11/2004 13:22:28
Spoiler
I need to get the eye of the dragon and in order to do that I need to enter the waters of the ocean. But how do I do that? Also, can't do anything in the dungeon, I guess something should be done with the hole to open the not-so-hidden door but can't figure out what.
[close]

Spoiler
To get to the ocean, to retrieve the sword, go to the Library and talk to both of the people there. For the hole in the dungeons, you will need it later in the game when you get all the items first.
[close]

Just finish the game and feel that the game is great, the graphics is cool too. But think i got 2 items din use in the game.

Spoiler
The black cloth, and the feather find in the garden. Anyone know what the 2 items use for?? I din use this 2 items to complete the game.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: autowil on Fri 05/11/2004 18:59:59
Quote from: Nostradamus on Fri 05/11/2004 13:22:28
Spoiler
I need to get the eye of the dragon and in order to do that I need to enter the waters of the ocean. But how do I do that? Also, can't do anything in the dungeon, I guess something should be done with the hole to open the not-so-hidden door but can't figure out what.
[close]

Spoiler
To get to the ocean, to retrieve the sword, go to the Library and talk to both of the people there. For the hole in the dungeons, you will need it later in the game when you get all the items first.
[close]

Just finish the game and feel that the game is great, the graphics is cool too. But think i got 2 items din use in the game.

Spoiler
The black cloth, and the feather find in the garden. Anyone know what the 2 items use for?? I din use this 2 items to complete the game.
[close]

No you need using those two item but need those to complete the game. Example: I believe before turning chicken back to the king, you feather in inventory I think.

Skio

Thans guys!

Quote from: autowil on Fri 05/11/2004 18:59:59
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
The feather, the cloth and the doll are the clues that supposedly lead you to the key. Until all three are found, you cannot talk to him.
[close]

Goot

I think I found a bug in the game.
Spoiler
When you go to battle the final boss guy, Aragath or whatever his name is, without that magic book, and he kills you, it poppes up that window. I thought I had hit some key which had done that, so I closed the window and kept playing, not realising I had died.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk