The Cube

Started by ROTh, Fri 22/10/2004 16:54:11

Previous topic - Next topic

ROTh

After working and working some month: "THE CUBE" is ready to play!!

The story:
One morning you wake up in a cubical room. You can't remember how you came to this place. Immediately you try to find a way back to your home. But you will see that it won't be very easy and you wander through a very angular Cube - World.

The begining of the game is a little bit similar to the nice film with the same title (everyone who saw the film knows that it could be good to save if you arrive in a new room). But not much later its my own story which is different to the film.
This is my first game made with AGS and I'm not very good in drawing but I hope you enjoy playing it!

You can download "The Cube" at:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=457

PS: The game is translated into english and german.

Potch

Hi.. your game is interesting. I never saw that movie.  It must be pretty strange! (That probably means I would like it :-) )

Anyway, I'm stuck. 

Spoiler
I got to the eye room, and I'm really stuck!
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Blade

Does it include throwing your shoes? :P
Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

Potch

The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Lazy Z

Hey cool, a Cube game, I loved the first movie (the second was kinda "eh"). Downloading now, I'll update later with my impressions.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Sinitrena

Nice game, I didn't finished it yet, I'm stuck but I'll try to solve it on my own.
There are a few thinks I want to mention:
In the beginning of the game it is difficult to spot through which door you entered a room because the character starts in the middel of the room every time he enters a new room.
And I think there is a little bug:
Spoiler
After using the tire and the dustbin with the old man he still has is talking animation (looks funny) and you can't walk past him sometimes
[close]
But well, so far I like youre game.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention: Da sind ne ganze Menge Schreibfehler in der deutschen Version

Nostradamus

Cool game. I just loved the original movie so seeing this concept used a game really excites me. Only the problem is this is a game so basically you don't have to understand anything about the numbers and codes of the rooms you can just use "trial & error". save & load until you get the right door. But we can't remove the optiuon to save because that would be too frustrating and after a few deaths and starting all over again people will just get pissed and stop playing.

Anyway, I need help:
Spoiler
I got the slingshot and the tooth for ammo but all other doors after the yellow room with the tooth guy are traps except for one locked door, the door on the right, which I can't open. What do I do?
[close]

Fisher

Fun game!

I'm having the same problem as Sinitrena. Do I have to start over to get past this point? I've played, to this point, SEVERAL times and can't get through b/c I can't use one of the items.....

THANKS!

ROTh

Thanks for the replies!!

@ Potch
Spoiler
Watch the squares at the wall, there must be one which is a little bit different
[close]

@ Sinitrea
Spoiler
You can see where you enter a new room. There is a coloured box at the bottom of the screen which should "show" there is the door where you come from. Thank you for the bug, I try to find the problem. (ich hab mindestens drei mal rechtschreibfehler verbessert, peinlich!)
[close]

@ Nostradamus
Spoiler
You've got everything you need. The signs at the wall could help opening the door.
[close]

@ Fisher
I don't know which point you mean, please give me some more details.

Nostradamus

More help needed:
Spoiler
OK, I got out of the cube, entered the shop,  and the nearby house and talked to the guys in there, have been at the Simpsons' house (but can't enter or do anything) and talked with the guard. I just can't do anything more. What do I do next?
[close]

Sinitrena

Nostradamus
Spoiler
Near the door on the Simpsons house there is a key, and the man in the second house with all the mathamatic things needs a little bit of help, I think
[close]

Edwin Xie

Hmm, I don't understand the symbols on the wall. A little help here?
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

ROTh

@ Edwin
Spoiler
The meaning of the symbol is not important, but perhaps the symbol itself....
[close]

simulacra

Cool!

I was considering to make a cube game, but you beat me to it. That's great, since I no longer need to make one. Now I am more leaning towards making something out of the Library in Babel by Borges.

Edwin Xie

Ok, I got to the simpson's house, used the key on the garage, got all kinds of things in the rubbish (rope, hook, tire, book, spider) but how do I get in the house?

Ok....I got past the old man....but I got in the room with the big eye. Which square do I touch?I can't tell which one.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Potch

OK.... figured out which square to push...  although I did it by trial and error, I didn't see what was different about that one.... stuck again though!

Spoiler
   The floating head thingie says I don't have a ll I need to get home.  What do I need to get??
[close]

Edwin Xie

Hmm, the floating head thingy told me to bring a perfect cube, where do I find that?

netdroid9

Not bad Ã,  ;D

Very puzzling :)

Jim Gamma

Quote from: Potch on Mon 25/10/2004 20:31:03
OK.... figured out which square to push...Ã,  although I did it by trial and error, I didn't see what was different about that one.... stuck again though!

Spoiler
Ã,  Ã, The floating head thingie says I don't have a ll I need to get home.Ã,  What do I need to get??
[close]

I too am stuck there. :(

Agamemnon

Found an error(?)

In the churchyard, you can shovel just to the right of Cubert the First's grave and rack up score two points at a time, with no limit. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk