The Cube

Started by ROTh, Fri 22/10/2004 16:54:11

Previous topic - Next topic

ROTh

After working and working some month: "THE CUBE" is ready to play!!

The story:
One morning you wake up in a cubical room. You can't remember how you came to this place. Immediately you try to find a way back to your home. But you will see that it won't be very easy and you wander through a very angular Cube - World.

The begining of the game is a little bit similar to the nice film with the same title (everyone who saw the film knows that it could be good to save if you arrive in a new room). But not much later its my own story which is different to the film.
This is my first game made with AGS and I'm not very good in drawing but I hope you enjoy playing it!

You can download "The Cube" at:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=457

PS: The game is translated into english and german.

Potch

Hi.. your game is interesting. I never saw that movie.  It must be pretty strange! (That probably means I would like it :-) )

Anyway, I'm stuck. 

Spoiler
I got to the eye room, and I'm really stuck!
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Blade

Does it include throwing your shoes? :P
Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

Potch

The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Lazy Z

Hey cool, a Cube game, I loved the first movie (the second was kinda "eh"). Downloading now, I'll update later with my impressions.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Sinitrena

Nice game, I didn't finished it yet, I'm stuck but I'll try to solve it on my own.
There are a few thinks I want to mention:
In the beginning of the game it is difficult to spot through which door you entered a room because the character starts in the middel of the room every time he enters a new room.
And I think there is a little bug:
Spoiler
After using the tire and the dustbin with the old man he still has is talking animation (looks funny) and you can't walk past him sometimes
[close]
But well, so far I like youre game.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention: Da sind ne ganze Menge Schreibfehler in der deutschen Version

Nostradamus

Cool game. I just loved the original movie so seeing this concept used a game really excites me. Only the problem is this is a game so basically you don't have to understand anything about the numbers and codes of the rooms you can just use "trial & error". save & load until you get the right door. But we can't remove the optiuon to save because that would be too frustrating and after a few deaths and starting all over again people will just get pissed and stop playing.

Anyway, I need help:
Spoiler
I got the slingshot and the tooth for ammo but all other doors after the yellow room with the tooth guy are traps except for one locked door, the door on the right, which I can't open. What do I do?
[close]

Fisher

Fun game!

I'm having the same problem as Sinitrena. Do I have to start over to get past this point? I've played, to this point, SEVERAL times and can't get through b/c I can't use one of the items.....

THANKS!

ROTh

Thanks for the replies!!

@ Potch
Spoiler
Watch the squares at the wall, there must be one which is a little bit different
[close]

@ Sinitrea
Spoiler
You can see where you enter a new room. There is a coloured box at the bottom of the screen which should "show" there is the door where you come from. Thank you for the bug, I try to find the problem. (ich hab mindestens drei mal rechtschreibfehler verbessert, peinlich!)
[close]

@ Nostradamus
Spoiler
You've got everything you need. The signs at the wall could help opening the door.
[close]

@ Fisher
I don't know which point you mean, please give me some more details.

Nostradamus

More help needed:
Spoiler
OK, I got out of the cube, entered the shop,  and the nearby house and talked to the guys in there, have been at the Simpsons' house (but can't enter or do anything) and talked with the guard. I just can't do anything more. What do I do next?
[close]

Sinitrena

Nostradamus
Spoiler
Near the door on the Simpsons house there is a key, and the man in the second house with all the mathamatic things needs a little bit of help, I think
[close]

Edwin Xie

Hmm, I don't understand the symbols on the wall. A little help here?
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

ROTh

@ Edwin
Spoiler
The meaning of the symbol is not important, but perhaps the symbol itself....
[close]

simulacra

Cool!

I was considering to make a cube game, but you beat me to it. That's great, since I no longer need to make one. Now I am more leaning towards making something out of the Library in Babel by Borges.

Edwin Xie

Ok, I got to the simpson's house, used the key on the garage, got all kinds of things in the rubbish (rope, hook, tire, book, spider) but how do I get in the house?

Ok....I got past the old man....but I got in the room with the big eye. Which square do I touch?I can't tell which one.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Potch

OK.... figured out which square to push...  although I did it by trial and error, I didn't see what was different about that one.... stuck again though!

Spoiler
   The floating head thingie says I don't have a ll I need to get home.  What do I need to get??
[close]

Edwin Xie

Hmm, the floating head thingy told me to bring a perfect cube, where do I find that?

netdroid9

Not bad Ã,  ;D

Very puzzling :)

Jim Gamma

Quote from: Potch on Mon 25/10/2004 20:31:03
OK.... figured out which square to push...Ã,  although I did it by trial and error, I didn't see what was different about that one.... stuck again though!

Spoiler
Ã,  Ã, The floating head thingie says I don't have a ll I need to get home.Ã,  What do I need to get??
[close]

I too am stuck there. :(

Agamemnon

Found an error(?)

In the churchyard, you can shovel just to the right of Cubert the First's grave and rack up score two points at a time, with no limit. ;)

Oliver

Hey man, great game!
Usually I don't play AGS games much. But this is a game I've got to beat!
I'll probably get stuck soon ;)
You got it!

Coming Soon!

ROTh

For everybody who needs help in the room with the big eye:
Spoiler
There is one square which has a colour which the others never get. The square I mean gets white, it's on the left side.
[close]

@ Edwin
Spoiler
You can't get in the simpsons house. I wanted to add it but then I had no idea what you can do there... Perhaps in another game....
If you need a cube, why don't you look for a man who has many cubes in his house, perhaps he sells them!
[close]

@ Potch & Jim
Spoiler
Had you been at the church?? There is a nice tower, isn't it?
[close]

Potch

I've already been to the tower there and gotten the item.  I'm missing something else.

Edwin Xie

Hey, where do you get the money?

ROTh

@ Edwin
Spoiler
Who is Cubert the First?? Do youÃ,  know that? He has a statue.. Try to get some informations about him.
[close]

ROTh

I have heard about some bugs in my game (when you save the game and you load the game on another day you couldn't pass the old man again or the "face" didn't let you go, even if you have made everything you have to do...).Ã,  I tried to check and correct this.... but I don't know how to do it.
My problem: I connected these things (pass the old man etc.) to the "If a variable is set to a certain value" option, but it seems that the value (Global int) which is set in the game isn't saved. Why??

Edwin Xie

Hey, I'd be glad to fix any bad script in your game. Just PM me with the script.

Edwin Xie

That eye guy told me that I didn't have everything I needed to get back home. I didn't get the spider.....but I did get everything else. Is there anything missing?

ROTh

I postet my problem in the technical forum there you can read my problem in detail. (Variables - problems with saving them)

@ Edwin
You need the spider to get something, but after the spider I could be that you come to my problem again. I think in the moment you could finish the game only if you didnt save the game (after coming out of the cube). If you want to help me to fix my game look at the technical forum, please!

Edwin Xie

I got the spider but the head says that I still have something missing to go back home.

ROTh

What you need to finish:
Spoiler
a wonderfiul cube, a necklace, and one cube (money)
[close]
If you have these things you should be able to finish as I said before ( Nov. 7.) without saving.

Edwin Xie

Where would you get the one cube (money)?

helene

excuse my english. Ã, how can I go out from the room with sign, Ã, I don't know how ? Ã, please help ??? ??? ???

Ieremiou

Thanks for a very strange... strange game ROTh.
Finally beat it after having to restart due to that oldman bug... when coming out of the Cube room.
When I did everything before passing the old man it was no trouble.
And yea I came across the multiple digging the same spot recieves more points bug hehe.
I could have ended the game with 200 something out of 77 but I had to restart because of that one bug.

/Ieremiou
Ieremiou
-----------

Love of Adventure games everywhere :)

ROTh

@ Edwin
Spoiler
You have to go into the tower, there you have to do something!
[close]

@ helene
Spoiler
You need two thngs which you get from Bart and the other nice guy. With these things you could open the last door. The meaning of the sign isn't important, but perhaps the sign itself!!
[close]

helene

Roth

I have the two things what I do with those things.  I don't understand the signification of the signs for open the door ??????? ??? ??? ??? ???

Edwin Xie

The church tower? How do I get in there?

helene

Edwin
How did you go out of the first room  .  the door is locked. I have the slinshoot et the tooth  together. but i can't open the door,  help please

Edwin Xie

Use you slingshot and your tooth together and then use it on the last symbol where there is a cloud looking object on the top of the symbol and the "@" sign on the bottom of the symbol. Use it on the "@" sign.

helene

thank you  Edwin   it's ok    I continue the game......

helene

how can I pass the old man.  I have tire. I pass on him. but I don't know  what to do for the scream ?????

Edwin Xie

use waste bucket

ROTh

@ Edwin
Spoiler
you can get into the tower with a rope and a hook, I think both of them you can get in the simsons garage
[close]

Bless

I have the bones, spider, wonderful cube, money cube, necklace, book, shovel and key.Ã,  He says I don't have everything I need, but I can't seem to find anything else to get.Ã,  Any hints of what to do?

ROTh

@ Bless
I think you have got everything you need.
If you want to finish the game you have to do it like Ieremiou (postet at Nov. 13.). There is a bug in the game which I hadn't corrected yet. I hope that I will find a little bit time to fix that problem!

SGK

lol!

ive seen the cube movie, and now theres a game about it!

i havent finished yet, but the game sure seem interesting.. except that i die in every damn door. :-X
Perils of Poom rules! Therefore i want a sequel!

for the ones that finished 7days,check this;D

jomama

I have everything from the garage, have gotten to the house with the eye, but now I'm stuck.  Anything significant with the fountain, statue, or rat?  How do I interact with the eye?

Help please!

JBiker51

Allow me to make some constructive critisizm. Next time, why don't you ask another member of this forum to help you with the illustrations? Many people around here do. Also, if you want to draw it all yourself, practice. Maybe buying a drawing pad would help, so you can use your freeform and then upload it? I hope that you take none of this personally. I just like helping other people making games so they can make the perfect ones for all of us to play. And, unfortunately, I am horrible at using game making tools, so the best and only thing I can do is play games and help others. You can contact me at benunkle3@msn.com if you want any other advice.
-JBiker51
"Never leave a penguin unattended" -Weebl and Bob

Therese

Quote from: Jim Gamma on Tue 26/10/2004 21:32:48
[quojavascript:replaceText(' :)', document.postmodify.message);
Smileyte author=Potch link=topic=17372.msg214037#msg214037 date=1098732663]
OK.... figured out which square to push...  although I did it by trial and error, I didn't see what was different about that one.... stuck again though!

Spoiler
   The floating head thingie says I don't have a ll I need to get home.  What do I need to get??
[close]

I too am stuck there. :(
You have to give him a Wonderful Cube which you buy at the cube store(the red building).   I hope this helps.

=The=Brat=

HOW DO I GET THE KEY!?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Therese and Brat - please don't bump a months-old thread for asking hints. In fact, don't ask for hints here at all if you can help if, go to the Hints and Tips forum.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

the_brat499

I didnt know this was bumped, i thought this was new!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk