Norman Cooks is finally ready!1!

Started by danny*, Wed 09/10/2002 17:31:38

Previous topic - Next topic

danny*

HaiDang

WOW!! That makes The Longest Journey look like childplay!! I'll download your game right when I can!

We have Danny and Igor and others here .. I can imagine how future amateur adventure games will look like. And Pleurghburg (or whatever, sorry Chrille) proves the unbeliveable atmosphere. I haven't played much of homemade games before .. but I can say it's a bright future for adventure games!!111!!1!!111

Congrats Danny! Keep up the good work.

-

Nostradamus

Great game, especially for a first!

And now I have to use the two words I almost always use in here - I'M STUCK! - I can't do anything in the club - can't open the door at the ground floor, can't open the door at the top where the boss is.

-

@Nostradamus:

Spoiler
To open the door: Search the box between the books in the office.... The other door: First push the little statue at the left.
[close]

.Sklate.

das tobi, do u think u could help me, i'm stuck too :(

Spoiler
i'm stuck with the place at the safe
[close]

Spyros

That was one of the best first-game i've ever seen.
Great graphics and nice scripting. The only thing's that are missing are some replies to interactions.
Also the gameplay could be something like :
left click -walk
right click - look for objects, talk for characters, interact for doors.

Have you filled the GAC application form?

danny*

HEEEELLLOOOO Spyro!!111!
I 've been waiting for this reply like hell!!!111!!!111!
THANK YOU!!!!11!!!
Tell me now...AM I IN OR NOT?
1:I already did the underwear thing!(i was on the evening news),
2:I'll be needing some time to play all G.A.C games(..but i'm going to..!!1)
3:I made a game!!!!!1111!!!!!
OPEN THE DOOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!

PS:will my picture be under your pictures  in the G.A.C page?

Spyros

Yes, you have to send us a picture of you and swear that you're going to make more games (and make some backgrounds/chars for me)

danny*

ok...i'll send you my picture in your e-mail,.......i will definately make more games(no dought about that).......but those backrounds and characters that you are asking for....well....it is going to cost you Spyro!!!111!!!111!!!

Butcher

Spyros ... are you implying that I'm not good at scripting?????????

how dare you!!!

(1,"I ARES THE SCRPTING GENIUS");

well danny boy I'm downloading it right now...but I'm already sure that this'll be your ticket to GAC...and a real honour it is to have you on board...

now with that lotion we'll send you your hair will grow 20% faster than with any normal shampoo!

I'll get back to tell you my opinion of the game

---------------------

danny*

thanks Butcher,
....waiting for the damn lotion.....till then ill be wearing a wig!!!111!!!

Butcher

well...W O W ! that's all I have to say

this is more promising than a 3 year old gets to conduct an orchestra at the French Opera!

trully great graphics, very good scripting, pretty good story, and TERRIBLE HAIR! IT'S A DISGRACE!

but you're working on that too...so I guess it's ok!

keep it up fellow GAC!
---------------------

danny*

thanks brother,
what you've said is a litlle TOO MUCH,....but ....what the hell...!!....i like the opera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(plaka kano!)  ;D

MillsJROSS

I can't finish the game. I keep getting an error message right after I go to don's office after I have gotten all the inventory items and such.

(Room11 script 29)
Error: FaceCharacter, Characters are in diffrent rooms

-MillsJROSS

.Sklate.

i had the same problem too, but i replayed the game from scratch and it seemed fine

danny*

i got that error a couple of times when i was making the game,but it never appeared again.....weird!!!111!!!

Spyros

Check all your FaceCharacter commands in room 11 and make sure that all characters are in the room.
Also if a character might not be in the room run a check before the FaceCharacter command

danny*

..ok!...
what i did in the script is:
from room 3,after a sequence i script this:
character.room=11;
character.x=153;
character.y=135;
.....and the other char. is the main char.who enters  room11 and meets character BLACK.....!!!!
SO THEY BOTH ARE IN THE SAME ROOM.....right????   ??? ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk