Platformerius: the ninja incident!!111! (open source)

Started by 2ma2, Thu 10/10/2002 01:23:22

Previous topic - Next topic

KANDYMAN-IAC

Wooooo Hooooo,...... Linus i love you.....

And i'm *BEEP*ing jealous too.....

you will have to do a "quick" tut on those graphics....

but i found a bug... if you jump up from teh very bottom ground, (inbetween the little tower thing with grass, and the big slide like thing)
you die suddenly and for no reason

umm why???

EDIT....

Jumping at the edge of the screen also kills you.

another bug me thinks
"Don't lose the bluecups they may be our only hope....!!1!!!1"

"I'm jealous of all of you guys, which means. I love your work, I just hate you as a person.... wait thats not right."

Linslus

Them bus have allready been reported :) Glad you liked it tho'. It's not much else than simple lollipop figures. Just make a big head and the body about 2/3 of the head size or something, but almost equalent in width. No simple scaling, no outlines.

ANother fun bug is that I forgot to include the function to full control the screen, so when you take a snapshot after you've cut the head off, it keeps spinning in mid air. Dang! :)

Esseb

I found the awest bug, I dub it the "Flying Spån Bug"(tm)

Stand here:

Run here and quickly run to the right as you hit the block:

Wee:

Also, stand exactly here. Jump up and just as you reach the ground again press left:

2ma2

Hehe, it's still the level design error, however, you've brought it to fascinating new levels!

I've updated it due to releasing it at ILB

DGMacphee

This game is so cool!!

Imagine how cool this game would be if it had a long room that was 1000 pixels wide...

And the object of the game was to kill a certain amount of ninjas before the time runs out...

;)
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

cpage

I have the latest version of ags but it says you used a old version and locks up

BTW I find if yo take a screenshot just before a star hits you it will pass right on through

Helm

Really, really ace tomato. I bow before j00!!11

Oh, and nice OOTW-style artwork :)
WINTERKILL

Bob The Hun

Quote from: cpage on Sat 12/10/2002 09:54:46I have the latest version of ags but it says you used a old version and locks up
Same here. Too bad, cuz I really want to know how you did this!

2ma2 - confused

That is quite impossible..

I can see that you can't open up a game that's been compiled with a later version, but an earlier?! Chris?!!!! :o

Anyho', this pup is compiled in ags25alpha2...

Andail

There is only one room, is it?

Hmm...how could I have asked that without sounding ungrateful?

Pumaman

2ma2: hehe it's the standard error message if it doesn't recognise the file format. The problem here is that you compiled it with a 2.51 alpha version, but the "latest" version officially is 2.5b, that's why there's confusion.

Bob The Hun

So how do I get it to work then?
That would be the ultimate spiffy..

cornjob

Wow, I just checked this out and it is really cool. I dig the character sprites especially, and the controls are pleasing. You are super-great. Now if only it were expanded into a full level...

Spyros

Yeah that was the most clever use of code in AGS history. I couldn't believe that you could make a platform in AGS.

2ma2

blergh, I'll recompile it in the latest then..

thanks peeps. I'm wondering if I would write a full level or similar, or a proper small game, but Fruittree-san sadly won't participate in his current design.. ;) I'm exploring the possebilities of different stuff, and I'll exclude the throwing stars since AGS can't as far as I know, not make new characters, inheriting the star "class".

Spyros: Hey cheers! :D coming from you, it means ALOT!! :)

Ironically enough, this thread has soon passed the amount of replies I got for PD, uncluding the requests for hints. Wowsa.. it's not even a game for crying out loud!

Goldmund

Really? That's sad. PD is the hallmark of amateur adventures, not only AGS ones.

On the other hand, there's no head-chopping in it...

Helm

WINTERKILL

lord_leon

MAN! you make the game i am producing right now look like just a piece of crap (*I am making James Mothaparralil, the Malayalee chef*) India. anyhow I LUVVVVVVVV IT:)) and it's open source!  You are the official butt-kicker!
Let's clock the time of the evolution
drom AGI to SCI and finally the AGS!

Fizz

2ma2 - disclogged

Cheers!

Btw, does it work to open up the files with the new AGS 2.51 for you with the problems? I wonder if I must recompile and upload a new cause I have VERY little time on my hands right now, and it should work..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk