Gee, another one. How is this then. We'll for some reason, Igor called me a scripting god which ofcourse is completely untrue. To earn this trust I made a joke abut writing a platform engine in AGS.
And now I have..
So get your copy today! The zip contains the ags files containing all info about how it's been done, but it also includes some special scenes which Fruittree must have loads of credit for. So basically:
1: A compiled game, short as hell and
2: the source to the platform routines
The game doesn't end when killing the ninja, you have loads of sparetime to explore the platform functions. If you want to kick his ass again, press F9. For the legal bull, read the readme, I'm currently to tired to rewrite it nor think straight enough to put it to print in a sensible way. SO READ THE README.. unfortunate, I wrote that one aswell while beeing quite tired, but it's more comprehensible than this crap I'm writing now.
I've also included a cheap eye candy feature where you can take screen shots of the "tense" gameplay.
You can also choose in which file you'll store that particular screen by pressing 0-9, ala emulators
So with that, let's have a screenshot jam. The most unique thing you can accomplish with P:TNI and an underlying text of your choice wins.. uh.. he/she winds.. I'll get back to that m'kay?
There's yet some minor bugs which I can't bother find out why they are and they're to complicated to fix. You can suddenly fall out from the screen near the edge of that thingamob in the middle, due to the level design, but I couldn't be arsed to redraw it and it only happens if you try to slip underneath it while jumping in 1/10 tries. Also, there's some problems with the jump contra throwing stars functionality, not the delay tho', that's meant to be, but sometimes he throws it twice which should be virtually impossible..
Ok, I'll go to bed now, have fun and see if you can find all three ways of killing of that ninja bastard
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Fruittree, you'll see why and
Trapezoid, cause you provided a useful midi package, just as I went out to look for some tune to use. Cheers dude!Click here to download
I've updated ILB now with this featured. The latest upload has bug fixes and adjustments as:
- Game crashing when repetadly chopping the head off
- Dying when jumping up in the center before the ninja has thrown a star
- Dying in the far right when the ninja has thrown a star
- The distance measuring when chopping the ninja has been lowered
- Stars no longer continue to fly by when you take a snapshot
- Appearing to be ducking after jumping and throwing a star is fixed
What still is quirky:
- Game crashes if you hold the s button a while after you've ran out of stars. I remembered this after the download ofcourse.
- All animations are still carried out while taking a snapshot
- The infamous "flying spÃ¥nTM bug", cause I won't redraw the scene just because of that