PocketFluff.Yay!

Started by Mr_Frisby, Mon 08/11/2004 13:52:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Frisby

Here's something that doesn't suck . .

It's PocketFluff.Yay!

Download PocketFluff.Yay!

This is a sort-of shortish game that I made as a present for a friend.
The Character of Jasmine is real and looks exactly like her except for the being square, pixelated and real tiny.

Let me know what you think - it's less than 4mb.

If anyone knows somewhere I can host it for free could they let me know as Geocities sucks ass . . which remeinds me.

Disclaimer -
PocketFluff.Yay contains frequent unessesary course language and absolutely no nudity.

I appoligise for the following -

Lame unco graphics.
Bad spelling.
The Galactic Brain Eaters Puzzle.

By the way here is what I didn't write in the .doc -
You can reach a third screen to the right of the garden.
The points for the Galacit Brain Eaters are as follows :
10 points per brain eater
20 points if you blow up a bridge
100 points if you reach the rocketship (this also ends the game)

The game was meant to be better and have heaps more wizz bang stuff in it but I ran out of time and this is what I ended up with as a birthday present. I hope you likey - I Think it's pretty funny anyhow.

BUY POCKETFLUFF
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Candle

Bad zip reupload or upload here

Mr_Frisby

Thanks for the help candle but I can't get the file to upload without a busy message comming up. Are there any other upload spaces like this?

recent edit :

Try downloading it direct from my site i'm having trouble with uploads today -

http://www.geocities.com/monkey8myface/monkeys8myface.html
hope that'll work tozzitos

Thankyou wanderlady I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. (I hope it didn't offend you - we have very warped senses of humor Jaz and I).
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

WanderLady

Fris, I absolutely adore your artwork. It blows my mind.
It is a very loving ;) game.
I'm stuck on the first puzzle. Sheesh. Where be the batteries?

Oh... :(

Tazzitoz

I cant find the game?
I click on the link and it just comes up as the file hosting site?

Mr_Frisby

Here Try this link and let me know if it works

PocketFluff.Yay!

also - for those of you that missed it the first time or had trouble downloading it --

Download Williams Nightmare Now!

Barbarian

It's an .exe file. Is it in "installer format"? But from your "geocities" webpage link it showed as a "zip" file. What gives?  I'm really a bit hesitant to launch .exe files to install an AGS game, having the files in something such as "zip" format is much preferable.  Best regards.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Gilbert

Normally when an AGS game uses an installer, I'll:
1. install it
2. Copy all the installed files away to another folder
3. unstall it
4. Play from that other folder

So I'm all against installers in general.

Just tried the game a bit, graphics are quite nice (I'm at work so, no sound) but it's rather confusing on what to do (well pixel hunting, I know...).

Mr_Frisby

It's just a click team installer.

Barbarian - the file on my site that was a .zip only had the .exe inside it as geocities wont link .exe

I thought installers were preferable?
if anyone else has a problem with this I'll just make a zip for it.

Let me know - trust me theres' nothing wrong with the .exe I'm a reputable sort fellow ;)

Dave Gilbert

Excellent, Daniel.  Haven't played much of it, but the graphics are very nice.  I like the animated backgrounds.

I went ahead and mirrored you.  I tried zipping it, but the result was only about 300kb smaller so I didn't feel it was worth it.  The file is here:

http://www.davelgil.com/ags/PF.exe

Khris

I do prefer zip-files, too.

As far as I know, the installer doesn't write stuff in the registry, but the startmenu-dir and additional entry in the software add/remove list just suck.

Potch

Is there any way to avoid having to play the galactic game thing?  I can't seem to beat it, and it's kind of annoying. :-)
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Khris

I'm stuck

Spoiler
How to plug in the arcade game? The big cord has no hotspot, or I didn't find it. Or am I missing something?
[close]

Chicky

Excellent game Frisby, as always a fan of your art.

The exiting rooms is a little fiddley, but i s'pose you get used to that :)

Congrats on a great game.

Mr_Frisby

Thanks for the mirror Dave you rock my socks - and thanks for the kind words I hope you enjoy playing it.
(i'm playing two of a kind as we speak by the way)

Sorry Potch - there's no way around the Galactic Brain Eaters - But you only really have to play it once to complete the game.
It's supposed to be a bit annoying - just like the early games but there is a couple of bugs as you may have already noticed:
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, The bottom right ladder doesn't work . .well it does it's just about an inch to the right of it's graphic.

The ladder to the right of the rocket kicks you out into the other side of the game. This could have been fixed but I kinda liked it - soo annoying, and I'm a comlete bastard soÃ,  now I dub it a feature of the game :)

Ã,  Ã, The only thing in the entire game I couldn't get down pat was the fireing system. It works pretty well but doesn't do everything it's supposed to. Your supposed to lose the bomb after it explodes but sometimes that doesn't happen.
I made that part before I learned how to make my own functions - so suffice to say I would never do anything like that the same way again.

KhrismucÃ,  - You can't play the game until youv'e put batteries in the radio!

For thos getting stuck straight off - there are three rooms.

Bed room
Ã,  Ã,  I
Ã,  Ã,  IÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, <-- this is the dedinative map.
Ã,  Ã,  V
Front yard - - -> Big TreeÃ,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 

Gilbert

Quote from: Mr_FrisbyKhrismucÃ,  - You can't play the game until youv'e put batteries in the radio!
But how?
Spoiler

I had listened to the radio, encountered the pelican, talked with the dead bird, got the letter, yet I cant play that arcade game...
[close]
Ah got it now, seems that there's no text displaying when the cursor was over it.

Vespr

The backgrounds are beautiful.

But the "It's xxxxxx, I love xxxxxx" is driving me crazy while I'm trying to figure out where the batteries are!

^ That's a plea for help. ;)

Edit: Never mind as well.

Khris

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Thu 11/11/2004 01:50:05
Quote from: Mr_FrisbyKhrismucÃ,  - You can't play the game until youv'e put batteries in the radio!
But how?
Spoiler

I had listened to the radio, encountered the pelican, talked with the dead bird, got the letter, yet I cant play that arcade game...
[close]
Ah got it now, seems that there's no text displaying when the cursor was over it.

I did all that, too...
Spoiler
Maybe I haven't tried clicking on the plug. (Hope you are referring to that by "it")
[close]

Mr_Frisby

Has anyone made it to the dead bird game yet?

Thanks for this Gilbot - These were bugs created by flays in my design :
The hotspots for the walls were too thin and there for can sometimes be penetrated by the GBE.
The bomb comes out the way the bunny was travelling prior to fireing. There for if you go one way and then turn to fire the bomb will appear behind you. I only learned about FaceLocation after making this. I'd have too reprogram the whole GBE to fix these bugs.
There's two easy ways of beating this puzzle and because it sucks (I even appologized for it in the opening post) I'll put them as hints here:
Spoiler

The two bridges are worth 20 points each and the Rocket is worth 100 - thats 140. You'll have to destroy the GBE at least twice to blow both bridges. Thats 160 easy. Shoot him 3 more times and your done.
Or my personal favorite - Get both left hand side bombs and go up to the top level. If the GBE is not there get him to come close to you. When you kill him he will reappear at the top left ladder. If you stand close to the top left ladder and keep firing when he comes to the top you'll get 190 easily.
[close]

Gilbert

The control of the arcade game is too choppy and it's too hard to play, also:
Spoiler

1. The brain eater can sometimes pass through walls, don't know if it's a bug or was intended.
2. When I place bomb I don't know which side it would be put, seems that it's unrelated to which way the kitty(bunny) is facing most of the time it's on the left but there're times that it's on the right, which got me killed by the alien.
<-- actually still I found it a bit fuzzy.
3. When I put a bomb on a bridge the control was off until the bomb explodes, this can make the kitty run into the alien.
4. Sometimes I can't place a bomb even if it appears that I have bombs.
[close]

New bug:
Spoiler

After I had the right plant grown, I can still plant the remaining seeds, but then the game will freeze.
I can't make the plant grow up yet, I missed the text on what I need to make it grow, I only know about water and fertilizer. :P
Ah it's the large plant hotspot covering up the sprite I have to walk to the side to interset with it.
[close]

Anyway I completed the game, really nice game, nice graphics and animations too, apart from those hard and annoying ;D puzzles, guess you had put a lot of efforts in scripting the different outcomes for different combinations.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk