PocketFluff.Yay!

Started by Mr_Frisby, Mon 08/11/2004 13:52:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Frisby

Thanks Gilbot  - I think your the first to finish it so you get gold stars (even if you did call my puzzles annoying!).
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Gilbert

Hehe yeah.
Spoiler

That arrange the card game was too hard, especially for people without a sorting strategy, but that different stories generated were simply amusing.
[close]

Edwin Xie

Huh? Where do you get the batteries for the radio?
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Gilbert

Spoiler

Pixel hunting on the dirt of the tree screen.
[close]

Edwin Xie

It is really hard controlling the bunny. In fact, I can't play!  :-\
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Potch

Might I make a suggestion?  Maybe you should do an updated version of your game, that has an option to opt out of the bunny game.  It seems like a lot of us are having trouble with it.  I myself never got past it.  It was just too hard to control, so decided to just delete the game and not finish.  Maybe do something like, let us opt out, but there's a penalty for doing so... like a different ending or something.  I don't know much about making games though (I just play 'em) so it may be more trouble than it's worth.  Anyway, just my two cents.  :)
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Ieremiou

Finally, made it past the two games... Yay. :P The bunny game was annoying because the GBE was pretty stupid in chasing me. :D.
The second game was just plain hard, I think... It's interesting the variety of the stories though.
But now I'm stuck with these seeds.
Spoiler
I planted a seed and then tried to water/fertilize or plant another seed but I can't seem to do any of that. Any ideas?
I have the six seeds, water cup, compost fertilizer, letter, toadstool.
[close]

I also think I might have found a bug as well
Spoiler
If you pick up a glob of compost first before planting you can't plant any of the seeds. At least I was unable to.
[close]
Ieremiou
-----------

Love of Adventure games everywhere :)

Gilbert

Spoiler

You don't need to water/fertilize a seed, you have to plant the 2 seeds one on each side of the tree, not on the same side.
[close]

Mr_Frisby

Thankyou Ieremiou - I will look into this bug.

Good suggestion potch - I might just put up a link to a save game that will get you past it.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Ieremiou

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Tue 16/11/2004 02:03:36
Spoiler

You don't need to water/fertilize a seed, you have to plant the 2 seeds one on each side of the tree, not on the same side.
[close]

I Tried that... [might be a bug]
Spoiler
It might be another bug because I can only plant a seed on the right side of the tree. No matter how much clicking I do before planting on the right side or after planting on the right side.
[close]

EDIT: I quickly fought my way through a new game and the bug disappeared so something happened to bug it out.
Ieremiou
-----------

Gilbert

Spoiler
did it show "dirt" when you hover the cursor over the left side?
[close]

Ieremiou

Yes and see above Gilbot.
I could send the save to show the bugs if I knew where to send them to.
Spoiler
On my second way though I didn't pick up the toadstool/compost/and cup of water.
Edit: I also tried picking the cup/toadstool/compost up before planting this time and no bugs..very odd. I hate these kinds of bugs. :|
[close]
Okie, Finished it. After battling through two strange games and ramming headlong into some bugs I made it out finally. *woot*

Edit: btw I was able to reproduce the bug you hit Gilbot.
Ieremiou
-----------

Mr_Frisby

Cool congrats Ieremoiu - thanks for the bugs.

I don't think that more people should play this game
I wont fix these bugs for a while and I care about your sanity. This was more a game for a friend that went horribly wrong. The puzzles are too difficult - and allthough I learned alot about programming - It left alot to be dezired.
Thanks to everyone who played it. And thanks for all the comments and crit.

Edwin Xie

Hmm, I can't understand the graphics.

Ieremiou

The graphics are very odd. I'm not sure how you figure it out "logical" But....
Since I have no idea how to give hints for this part of the "game" see the spoiler below.
Spoiler

Say this is numerical representaiton of the cards...
The order is 8,6,1,5,3,2,4,7
[close]
Ieremiou
-----------

lakerz

Alright, I must say that this game is cool and confusing at the same time.  I talked to the dead bird and beat his/her high score of GBE, scoring a 210.  However, I still can't get the seed!  Talking to it again just brings up old dialogue options.  Did I miss anything, or is this a bug?  One thing that may be missing is I can't take the batteries out of the radio.  I've tried everything, but the game won't let me do it.  :-\

Gilbert

Spoiler

You need a proof of beating the score.
[close]

Spoiler

DID you check the arcade machine after beating it?
[close]

Spoiler

Why do you want to take the batteries out after they're used?
[close]

lakerz

Thanks for the hint!  8)  I also had to start over since I had picked up the water, mushroom, and compost before I needed to.  The game wouldn't let me plant the seeds once I had done that. 

Overall I found this to be a cute game, if a bit rough around the edges.  Some good ideas at work, that's for sure!  Combining the seeds was unique.  I didn't find the arcade game too bad once I got the hang of it.  Sometimes it wouldn't let me use the space bar though to lay the mines.  Whenever that happened, I had to exit the arcade game and then replay it.

Frisby@shrink

Lakerz - 210! You rock. Thanks for the kind words - I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

heliofobia

Where can I find hints for the game William's Nightmares?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk