The Hamlet

Started by Vel, Thu 18/11/2004 20:13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

Here it is, though a bit late, the ATC game we made.

Story:
A middle-aged bachelor receives a letter from a friend of his living in a small hamlet saying that he would like him to come for a visit. Not having anything to worry about, the protagonist accepts and immediately drives off to the hamlet. However, upon arrival he senses that something is not at all right...

Features:
15 locations drawn in beautiful 320*200
Digital soundtrack featuring 7 haunting tracks
Story that will keep you playing till the very end
4 fully animated characters with close-ups

More info

Download

Credits:
Writing - Velislav Ivanov
Scripting - Grant Williams, Velislav Ivanov
Graphics - Indrek Plavutski, Iwan Vaughan, Petteri Aartolahti, "pixelcat"
Music - Petteri Aartolahti
Beta Testing - Erik Igelström, Lisa Taylor

Hope you enjoy it!

Damien

Just finished it, it was great.

Good work guys!

[Cameron]

Uhh... I'm having a hard time reading the text when he is speaking.

Khris

me too,

black font with black outline...like reading white chalk on paper.

Please correct that, Vel

Vel

Huh?
It's white font with black outline... O_o
At least for me it is...

Khris

proof:Ã, 

EDIT: It happens with fullscreen, too, I had to switch to windowed to get the screenshot

Gilbert

Strange, it's okay for me, did it still happen running full screen?

Can as well be some bug with Allegro/AGS/whatever.

Actually I'm stuck at the very beginning...

Vel

Dunno, I have no idea about that - that's supposed to be the thinking view of the character, and the colour I get is light green... Try setting something up or whatsoever...

Damien

The only thing I changed in the options is enabling the 'force leterbox mode', you could try that.

Gilbot:
Spoiler
Have you tried to do something with the inventory items?
[close]

tvcooper2001

I am totally lost in this game!
Spoiler
I have compare the letter & note, broken down the door to the house, searched the office and got a part of a letter, searched the tool shed and got a knife and axe, talked to the neighbor.Ã,  I checked out the barn and found nothing except that if you climb the ladder to the loft, you get stuck and can't get down.Ã,  What do I do next?
[close]

Iwan

Spoiler
If you go back to the first house, he will say that he better get some rest. Then go to the corridor and click on the right door.
[close]

Minimi

Very good game, and great story! I love playing this game. I'm not having much time, to play it all, but I like it very much!  :o

tvcooper2001

I tried that...but
Spoiler
he doesn't say that. Ã, I am now in the barn, have climbed the ladder and tried to do something with the bale of hay. Ã, Cannot climb back down the ladder (bug?), so I am stuck in the loft. Ã, While trying to climb down the ladder, he just says "not much of a loft"
[close]

Iwan

I think that must be a bug. Not sure because i didnt script it. If youve saved before then try playing from there.

tvcooper2001

alpha, fortunately I did save before climbing the ladder.  But.....I am still stuck
Spoiler
when I go back to the first house as you said before, he doesn't say anything about getting some rest?  Anything I missed?  thanks
[close]

Iwan

Spoiler
hmm...I think the only thing left for you to do is to talk to the busines man in the fourth house.
[close]

Redwall

Ach, yes, the barn thing is a bug... Vel has the source now, hopefully he'll fix it soon.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Vel

ARGH!
I'll try to fix that ASAP!

lspace

Quote from: Alec on Fri 19/11/2004 07:35:54
Uhh... I'm having a hard time reading the text when he is speaking.

I'm also having the same problem.  Has it been fixed yet?

InCreator

Ah, we should make a sequel to Hamlet.
A longer, deeper and bloodier one.

With loads of animations which I would gladly make.
And superdetailed BGs.
And Petteri's catchy tunes...
And...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk